Builds Jacks 40 to fake 45 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see someone reproduced the SWB tail lights that fit in the tub. A little pricey but would keep them out of the way with the lost departure extending the frame.

I see someone reproduced the SWB tail lights that fit in the tub. A little pricey but would keep them out of the way with the lost departure extending the frame.
Yep! I got a set. Great craftsmanship!

Looks like there’s a new post w/ both sides:

Back from KOH and back to the fake 45. Got the old rear wheel wells cut down. Working to shorten and make both ends the same. Also cut the flanged edge off the old quarter panels. I plan to spot weld them to the edge of the new panels for strength.

20230213_133910.jpg
20230213_141524.jpg

That answered a question I had about panel flanges! 👍

So that's what an inner wheel well looks like... ;)

Mine were completely rotted away when I started back in '91.

What you doing for a spare tire location? On my SWB, I have to swing the spare tire out of the way to drop the tailgate, for anything needing sliding out. A barn door setup would allow me to open one side without swinging the spare out of the way to get things like 50-lb salt blocks out without trying to lift over the bed rails. Just a thought.

I plan to use a 1975 tire carrier which puts the spare on the driver's side.......better visibility. I want a drop down tailgate, so I can sleep in the bed if need be......without my feet hanging off the bed....lol

Have you considered using a FJ45/FJ55 style spare tire carrier? Assume you already have the 75/76 tire carrier?

Alittle bit everyday. Harvested a couple body mounts to reuse as bed mounts. The bed will have 6 bolts attaching it to the frame.
Ordered my sheet metal for the bed. Picking that up Friday morning. So, I should be mostly finished with the bed by the end of the weekend.

20230222_180715.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom