Builds it has begun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more to follow....
land cruiser painted 6.jpg
land cruiser painted 3.jpg

Because I swaped in a BJ70 rear axle to get the integrated parkbrake I also swaped in a FJ60 parkbrake lever assembly.
cruiser pics PB.jpg
cruiser pics PB 1.jpg
cruiser pics PB4.jpg

Last edited:
I strengthened the opening by making a lip. I also did the same thing with the drivers side fender for the FJ60 power steering box cutout.
cruiser pics PB3.jpg
cruiser pics PS cut out.jpg
cruiser pics PS cutout 2.jpg

1 more
cruiser pics PS cutout 3.jpg

moving the engine forward

I followed the post here from another on the h55 install

I am getting ready to go 1hD-t plus h55 in my 40 and I am wondering how the 2 inch forward move worked out with the radiator and shroud

did you custom build that shroud as it looks nothing like mine or is that a bj40 thing---mine is the 1f rad and mount stock to the 71 40

curious also how driveshaft length worked out? do you know how many inches flange to flange for the front and rear?

Great looking Cruiser btw---one of the best paint jobs Ive seen:clap:

I followed the post here from another on the h55 install

I am getting ready to go 1hD-t plus h55 in my 40 and I am wondering how the 2 inch forward move worked out with the radiator and shroud

did you custom build that shroud as it looks nothing like mine or is that a bj40 thing---mine is the 1f rad and mount stock to the 71 40

curious also how driveshaft length worked out? do you know how many inches flange to flange for the front and rear?

Great looking Cruiser btw---one of the best paint jobs Ive seen:clap:

Thanks on the compliments.....

as for moving the engine ahead it was no problems as the little B is not very long and that shroud is the factory B shroud. I only cut 2 inches off the shroud to compensate for the move fwd.

Not up to the driveshafts yet as I converted from 24 volt to 12 volt so a little bit of work there.

But I can tell you the rear driveshaft, for the 40, is from the front position off a BJ60 and the front driveshaft, for the 40, is from the rear position off a BJ60.
The rear driveshaft is going to be approx 20" and the front 28".

I just measured the rear and the flange to flange is 20.75".

HTH's
Daryl

So there has been some progree in the past few months. Nothing happened all summer long as I was busy with vacation and family. All the hinges and small body pieces have been painted. Body is permanently mounted on the frame.
I just received $800 worth of OEM parts from Doug @ Rusty Wallace Toyota and $300 worth of stuff from Cruiser Corps.:clap:

Daryl
2011 1.jpg
2011 2.jpg
2011 3.jpg

cleaned up all the dash knobs and used a fine point Sharpie paint pen. It works awsome as you can see.

Daryl
2011 4.jpg
2011 5.jpg
2011 6.jpg

Those new marker light gaskets and retainer ring made the old lens and lamp look like new, not to mention the new emblems and signal light.

There should be more pics soon, they are in a different computer. I spent several weeks, more like a month converting the BJ40 24 volt stuff over to BJ60 12 volt stuff. Not terribly hard just time consuming. I also totally rebuilt the rear wire harness as the PO had butchered it:mad:.
I have now gone through the wiring harness 100% and for a vehicle of this age it was in exceptional condition, except the rear harness. I also upgraded some of the harness connectors to BJ60 style, in other words the Toyota weather tight plugs.

Cheers,
Daryl
2011 7.jpg

Man this is going to be a beautiful rig when you are done with it!

Very nice resto, thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom