Builds it has begun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thank you for the info... i am not looking for a smooth finish... something that will seal the frame ... and this sounds like it...
will try my luck and see if there is a place on the island that sells this stuff...

thanks again...

little bit here little bit there....:mad:...wish I could get more time at this thing.
Anyways pulled out the glove box cause it was all rusted due to no gasket under the hood hinge. Got it painted up and painted the rear sill to see what the color looks like. I REALLY like the Nebula green:)

Daryl
landcruiser 008.jpg
landcruiser 009.jpg

Very nice cruiser, and nice workmanship. I have a 17' '66 boston whaler. Just built new mahogany seats, windshield etc from the original plans available on their website. To quote Frank Sinatra 'It was a very good year'....:beer:

Daryl,

Good to see your project is still progressing. I don't think I've touched mine in close to two years.

Cheers
Robert

Not much has happened to the body:mad: it seems like everytime I am about to do something , something more important comes up! Not to mention wife cooked the engine in my other cruiser in December, so that has taken priority over this one!

Just started a new job teaching at a college , before that contract work was busy yadayadayada!

I did manage to get a bunch of the wiring harness cleaned up, PO was a butcher and managed to melt some wires in the bundle.

SOOOOON I HOPE !:crybaby:

Daryl

I am a licensed aircraft mechanic by trade and also do aircraft sheet metal work so I have lots of tooling for sheet metal work. Now that I am teaching at a college I have lots more:D

Daryl

finally started back! Moved the 40 to an auto club I joined. It is signed in as a long term project at only $200 a month for space rental and tool use:) Plan is to have her finished by the New Year:hmm:
Disk conversion from the 60 series has been POR'd. Frame has been completely painted outside and inside. Front axle has been glass beaded and primed and painted. BJ70 rear axle has been stripped down to get bead blasted and will be painted and rebuilt. I am using a BJ70 rear axle because I need park brake set-up. Reason for that is the h42 tranny is comming out and spare h55f:flipoff2: I have kicking around is going in.

Daryl
007.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

more for the eyes
004.JPG
008.jpg

Last edited:
1 more
012.JPG

finished the tranny cover. Also removed the spring perches from the 40 rear axle housing and added them to the 70 rear axle housing. Seperated the rear spring assemblies bead blasted them and POR'd them.

Daryl
039.JPG
043.JPG
001.jpg

more again
cruiser pics 013.JPG
cruiser pics 014.JPG
cruiser pics 003.JPG

I Have put quite a few hours on the 40 in the past few months. But when you tear everthing apart, bead blast, epoxy prime and color coat, it takes a long time to accomplish anything!:doh:

Both axles and suspension are back on the frame, the front diff is installed and the axle housing opened up for the bj60 disk set-up. Waitng for the knuckle alignment tool from Cruiserguy.

I have been focusing on the engine and the power steering pump/bracket and alt. mount set-up for the past week. I had a complete power steering set-up from a 3b that I was installing on the b. BUT there are so many differences in the b and 3b that the only thing I could use was the pump itself! Harmonic balancer/pulle, pump mount and idler pulley will not work. :mad:

Lucky I had a pump mount from the 3fe to check and see if it would fit. With a few chops and grinds and 1 hole to drill a 3fe mount works perfect! Also the 3fe pully for the power steering pump bolted to the 3b pump lines up perfect with crank pulley. I will end up using just 1 belt to power everything, I hope it will work but it looks like it will.

Anyways here are some pics
cruiser pics 01.jpg
cruiser pics 09.jpg
cruiser pics 08.jpg

some more
cruiser pics 06.jpg
cruiser pics 05.jpg
cruiser pics 04.jpg

more again
cruiser pics 10.jpg
cruiser pics 11.jpg
cruiser pics 12.jpg

more once more
cruiser pics 14.jpg
cruiser pics 15.jpg
cruiser pics 16.jpg

thats it for tonight:)
cruiser pics 18.jpg
cruiser pics 1.jpg
cruiser pics 13.jpg

It has been some time since I posted, I have put lots of hours on and the :princess: is still being patient:clap:

So that power steering idea did not work, once I put the thermostat housing on the belt was rubbing :doh:. So i moved the pump down under the alt by modifying the fj62 bracket some more.
cruiser pics 33.jpg
cruiser pics 32.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom