IPOR Rocker Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got off the phone with Lance on these rockers, turns out I don't need them as my rockers are WAY CLEAN, I was expecting much worse.

He mentioned that he has only sold about 2 sets and is sitting on 10 sets, so if you ordered them and need them give him a call, don't be a dick like me! :)

Noah

yippiii:bounce2::bounce:, mine are here and they are a lot heavier gauge steel than the originals.........hmmmmm maybe mine are thin from rust loss??; thanks Heather and Lance:beer:

Lou

Marshal, they did not come in a box; just two HEAVY pieces of steel plate strapped together with a shipping address;:grinpimp:

Lou

Marshal, they did not come in a box; just two HEAVY pieces of steel plate strapped together with a shipping address;:grinpimp:

Lou

"Shipping weight: 42 pounds"

:eek:

Okay how about a pic of what they look like?

Here's a couple:
Rockerposer2.JPG
Rockerposer1.JPG

I picked up a set, still haven't figured out how I want to use them. Has anyone else finished the job, and documented the process? One idea I had was to cut away the lower part of the front fenders (rusted out already) and bolt that edge to the upper edge of the new slider, something like in dd113's thread.

What do you guys think about rust prevention in the rocker area? Any tips?

I'll start a build thread when I get there, but for now I'm teaching myself to weld on scrap metal so it'll be a while.

I don't have any more of the 3/16" outer rocker panels left but I just built a die to stamp out Galvannealed 16 gauge rockers.

IMG_20201102_092126931.jpg

IMG_20201102_092207204.jpg

Here's a cut away showing how the pieces go together.

IMG_20201027_192431959.jpg

And a rocker tacked into place. Obviously most 55's need some additional sheet metal work like our project truck.

IMG_20201102_145614573.jpg

LOL. Yeah, Iron Pigs are still my favorite. I wish we saw more of them. I sold my favorite 55 a couple years ago and all I have are these rough beaters that I keep around for mock up and things. I have one set of rockers on hand and one set of rock sliders - just made some for a customer so I made an extra set just to have them around but I can make more - PM me or email us info@ironpigoffroad.com. I'm busy working so I may not catch a PM right away but I'll see it eventually. :pig:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom