**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My guess is the tab (for lights?) on the ARB bumper is the reason for relocating. Appears to be plenty of cable length.

View attachment 2691082

Curious on the tower. Sounds like I may need one.

Just bumping an old thread. Has anyone managed to mount the controller pack using the supplied ARB control box bracket? The holes dont seem to line up correctly on the Comeup pack, but I wanted to ask before I cracked it open to see if I could drill it out to fit.

This is the bracket I am talking about:
1670634674834.png

Last edited:
Just bumping an old thread. Has anyone managed to mount the controller pack using the supplied ARB control box bracket? The holes dont seem to line up correctly on the Comeup pack, but I wanted to ask before I cracked it open to see if I could drill it out to fit.

View attachment 3189439
Just saw this in another thread and thought it might help you.

I fabbed a bracket out of a piece of black anodized aluminum checker plate and some nylon shims. Total time investment - 1 hour with rudimentary metal fab tools.

I fabbed a bracket out of a piece of black anodized aluminum checker plate and some nylon shims. Total time investment - 1 hour with rudimentary metal fab tools.
And no photo?

View attachment 3189439
We have this U-Type bracket for our control box

Wonder if this u-bracket from @COMEUP could be modified (via the handy cutoff wheel and spray paint, of course!) to bolt in between the battery and core support like others have done. You'd have to chop off the portion at the 45deg angle leaving only the 90deg option, but using one of the two holes across the top, catching the bolt hole on the rad support, and then using the 4 mounting holes on the bracket for the control box landing it down between the battery and core support might be a good solution. 🤔

Also wondering if additional length is needed on the factory control box wiring or if it'll reach...some of the manufacturers offer 'relocation' kits which are simply pre-assembled kits with longer leads providing flexibility in the box mounting location....albeit they're a little pricey, but plug-and-play. I haven't gone to the efforts of pulling it off and mocking it up just yet, so not sure if factory leads will work or not.

Pics below stolen from @I Lean and @LC4LIFE 's thread.

We have this U-Type bracket for our control box

Solenoid mount.jpeg

winch2.jpg

That seems like a awful spot to mount that unless you get the adapter to run a remote . I would hate to have to open my hood to use my winch

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post up and introduce myself. I am the Sales Manager for Comeup Winch here in the US for the recreational side of the business. This year we released our new SOLO winch, and I just wanted to post up some pics, and answer any questions you might have. This is our new integrated winch that comes in a 9.5 or 12.5 capacity, and as you can see from the photos we have designed the winch to be very efficient at keeping as cool as possible while winching. The thick aluminum housings on the motor, the control box, and the clutch/brake assembly help dissipate the heat. The winches come with both a wireless and cord remote to suit your preference. There is a digital display on top that will give you the voltage of your charging system, a thermal warning system if the winch gets too hot, and if there are any errors in the in the electrical system.
We offer two relocation kits for those of you running an ARB bar, or similar style bumper where the integrated control box will not fit. Both the clutch, and motor are clockable to ensure a painless install.

Comeup is a family-owned business that has been making winches and hoists since 1975.

IMG_5162.jpeg

331c350b-17bf-44b3-a0ed-1e171be54e54.jpeg

63cdfc8b-8916-4f87-83e5-ad26d793fc39.jpeg

fbf36b8f-bf13-4b42-876f-b86d738f6b6c.jpeg

Any more details on the relocation kits @jsnow ? Kicking around the idea of moving the control unit on my seal slim. And nice write-up on the new option!

Any more details on the relocation kits @jsnow ? Kicking around the idea of moving the control unit on my seal slim. And nice write-up on the new option!
For the Seal Slim we offer a simple bracket that may work for relocating your control box. Take a look and see if it will work for you.

Thanks!

@COMEUP I'm a bit confused. I recently purchased a Seal Slim 12.5rs for installation on a @TRAIL TAILOR hidden winch mount and contrary to the orientation shown on pictures on the box and the website it mentions in small print in the single page install leaflet included inside that it is "FOOT FORWARD" mounting only.

I need foot down and would not have purchased and opened the packaging if it had been labeled as such anywhere obvious on either packaging/website or marketing, can you please explain if this will work for a foot down application or not? Thanks for your help.

Thank you Gnob . Dang those are some nice rigs posted above :oops:

@COMEUP I'm a bit confused. I recently purchased a Seal Slim 12.5rs for installation on a @TRAIL TAILOR hidden winch mount and contrary to the orientation shown on pictures on the box and the website it mentions in small print in the single page install leaflet included inside that it is "FOOT FORWARD" mounting only.

I need foot down and would not have purchased and opened the packaging if it had been labeled as such anywhere obvious on either packaging/website or marketing, can you please explain if this will work for a foot down application or not? Thanks for your help.
Hi Kurosawa,
You can definitely mount the 12.5 foot down. We want foot forward for any application that needs to meet the SAE J706 standard. Sorry for any confusion on that, and I appreciate you asking the question! Have a great day.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom