**Introduction** COMEUP Winch

The motor on our Seal 9.5/12.5 couldn't be clocked.
The rope attachment point is on the gear housing side.
Yep brain fart - I meant brake side.... which I didn't need to change anyway.
Thanks for the reply, it's mounted in the 80 ARB bar now. Used 1/2" spacers, bought longer bolts but still need LONGER bolts.
Will get it all done and wired up tomorrow.

The Seal Gen 2 12.5k is now installed and working on my HDJ81. Spaced it out with 1/2" plates, but had to chop off the light mount tab on the ARB bumper to fit the solenoid pack in place. So chopped the other off as well and have nice easy access to the T handle now.

Drilled couple of holes beside the uprights and bolted the lights down. Removed the ARB license plate mount and relocated it below the hawse. Should have better air flow.

FWIW I spooled 100' of 3/8" Masterpull on with room to spare. Ignore the messy wraps, I still need to do it under load.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star

Do comeup make a solenoid relocation kit ?

I'd prefer to mount the box under the hood if possible.
I'm not aware of a "kit" offered by ComeUp. But the bracket that comes with the solenoid box could pretty easily be bolted under the hood if you have room for it.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

Do comeup make a solenoid relocation kit ?

I'd prefer to mount the box under the hood if possible.
Some bumper manufactures offer a solenoid relocation kit to accommodate their particular solenoid location design but in the event you're moving under the hood, it's really going to be custom length cables that are matched to your exact application (bumper, routing and solenoid location). Pretty easy to do for anyone with cable tools (we offer this with winch sales for example).

Some bumper manufactures offer a solenoid relocation kit to accommodate their particular solenoid location design but in the event you're moving under the hood, it's really going to be custom length cables that are matched to your exact application (bumper, routing and solenoid location). Pretty easy to do for anyone with cable tools (we offer this with winch sales for example).
Have cable tools, can crimp - are the end connectors standard lugs ?

Just trying to figure out what needs done.

When I had the 9.5 rs I had to put the solenoid under the hood . The stock cables did not reach were I wanted to mount . I just made longer cables . Here is a pic of the stock lugs . I have since switched to the 9.5 rsi. Excellent products .

68ECB1D3-3E5E-4E68-A612-589F3D8946F9.jpeg

RyanTomorrow

Livin the livin.
GOLD Star
SILVER Star

Anyone running the @COMEUP Seal slim in their ARB bumper yet? Considering the dimensions it seems like a better fit on the 80 but I’ve yet to see it in action.

Looking into a Seal Gen2 12.5 rs. Scrolling through this thread I think everyone is saying it works with the ARB 3411050 bumper. Did I get these details right?

- Fits in ARB 3411050 bumper, needs spacers
- Winch is feet forward position same as what ARB bumper designed for
- Seal Gen2 12.5 clutch handle can be clocked but not the original Seal 12.5
- Seal Gen2 12.5 come from factory with clutch handler 90deg to feet, therefore not requiring any clocking for this bumper

Did I get that right?

Looking into running a Delrin roller fairlead assuming there is special i need to do outside of bolting it up to the bumper?

New to winches, wanna make sure I dont end up F***ing it up. Thanks

Top Bottom