**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Gen 2 9.5s will fit both the Shortbus and Blueberry. On the Shortbus it is very tight and will actually touch the valance under the grill. We have not been supplying solenoid brackets for the Come-up but that will change in the future...

That's great news! I could use a solenoid bracket...

IMG_0120.JPG

Nice work Jason

can anyone confirm that a Seal Gen 2 12.5 will (or won't) fit an ARB 80 series bumper?

Yes it will fit. 12.5 is the same size as the 9.5. You will just need to cock the clutch for foot down mounting instead of foot forward.

Thanks! Did you end up sourcing one locally?

I got my 9.5 from ComeUp USA. It was during the before Christmas Sale. The sale made up for the crappy exchange plus a bit more.

Yeah, that was a good sale.
Thanks for the help!

This was the pic I tried attaching earlier. It is Box Rocket's old setup.

View attachment 1915817
Sounds like you guys got it answered. Few more details, the feet down mounting for the 12.5 should work without issue except that the ARB bumper is designed for feet forward mounting. So you'll need to add some sort of mounting surface for a feet down configuration. That's what I did with my old ARB bumper.

The 12.5 should also fit in a feet forward config with the use of spacers, and you'll also need to clock the motor so the clutch points up.

Sounds like you guys got it answered. Few more details, the feet down mounting for the 12.5 should work without issue except that the ARB bumper is designed for feet forward mounting. So you'll need to add some sort of mounting surface for a feet down configuration. That's what I did with my old ARB bumper.

The 12.5 should also fit in a feet forward config with the use of spacers, and you'll also need to clock the motor so the clutch points up.

Thanks Adam. I'd planned to go feet forward with spacers. There's already a POS winch in there mounted that way.
Have a couple of feelers out to CDN suppliers, so we'll see. It's interesting that there are 2 sellers on Vancouver Island but none (that I can find) in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks Adam. I'd planned to go feet forward with spacers. There's already a POS winch in there mounted that way.
Have a couple of feelers out to CDN suppliers, so we'll see. It's interesting that there are 2 sellers on Vancouver Island but none (that I can find) in Vancouver, BC.
Hope you’re able to find what you want.
I have a correction. The motors on the Seal 9.5 and 12.5 can’t be clocked. So if you run feet forward, the clutch handle will be on the back toward the radiator. Feet down will have the handle on top.

I have a correction. The motors on the Seal 9.5 and 12.5 can’t be clocked. So if you run feet forward, the clutch handle will be on the back toward the radiator. Feet down will have the handle on top.

Seal 9.5 and 12.5 Gen2 can have the clutch transmission clocked in 22.5° increments. So you can orient the clutch handle pretty much wherever you like.

Also, the 12.5 assumes a foot forward install and comes with the handle oriented 90° to the feet...so facing up when installed.

Last edited:

I did - sorta. I ended up ordering a 12.5k seal gen 2 from one province over. Nobody had stock so it's about a 3 week wait for it to arrive.

I got a wire rope version but will switch it out for synthetic I already have. I know the 12.5 comes with 82' of 7/16", but maybe @COMEUP (or anybody else) can answer how much synthetic 3/8" line will it fit? I have either a 125' line or 75' line to choose from.

I did - sorta. I ended up ordering a 12.5k seal gen 2 from one province over. Nobody had stock so it's about a 3 week wait for it to arrive.

I got a wire rope version but will switch it out for synthetic I already have. I know the 12.5 comes with 82' of 7/16", but maybe @COMEUP (or anybody else) can answer how much synthetic 3/8" line will it fit? I have either a 125' line or 75' line to choose from.

125' will be too much. Go with the 75' line and carry a line extension if you think you need it.

125' will be too much. Go with the 75' line and carry a line extension if you think you need it.

Ok good to know, thanks. That makes it easy, I can leave the 125' line on the BJ74's 8274, spool on the 75' which is my current (unused) extension, and take the 100' of Masterpull 5/16 off the junk winch that's on the 81 now (I'm sure the line cost more than the winch...) and make 2 extensions out of it.

Time to buy a fid...

Quick question - I took my 12.5k seal apart thinking I needed to clock the motor (I didn’t) but now can’t recall if the wire feed into the drum goes to the motor side or brake side. Or if it matters at all.
Anybody know offhand?

Quick question - I took my 12.5k seal apart thinking I needed to clock the motor (I didn’t) but now can’t recall if the wire feed into the drum goes to the motor side or brake side. Or if it matters at all.
Anybody know offhand?

The motor on our Seal 9.5/12.5 couldn't be clocked.
The rope attachment point is on the gear housing side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom