Info on my FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently aquired this FJ25 amd plan to restore it. Any info on the pictures and numbers I have submitted would be appreciated. The aluminum plate under the hood is missing.

IMG_20210613_194814.jpg

IMG_20210613_194824.jpg

IMG_20210613_195402.jpg

IMG_20210615_164354.jpg

I believe that frame number points to a ‘60.

I told the seller it was a 59 or 60 and he insisted it was a 57! He couldnt provide a vin # so not sure why he thought it was a 57. It is indeed a 1960 fj25. Parts are hard to find and this will be a challenge to restore, but non the less a cool fj25! You will find most if not all the info and parts from this forum!

Definitely a 1960. Carburetor is not original, front seats and wheels are all original. Electric fuel pump is incorrect. Gas tank is wrong. Great find! Where are you located?

It must be a very early 1960 model as it has the early style front motor Mount. Either that or somebody replaced it with an earlier engine.

Edit: I just went out and looked at my 1959 and 1960 VIN and engine numbers. Yours are both right in between my two. Your engine is likely original to the truck.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase, you have quite the project in front of you but this is a great resource to begin your restoration.

interesting it has a tailgate, for some reason I thought early ones had barn doors.

FST FJ25 had the tail gate. The HT FJ25 had bard doors like 40s

when I posted about this one years ago, it was mentioned the early ones had barn doors

I feel like metal work will be a good skill to learn. Keep the surface rust and it will look absolutely epic

Three early wheels with brake inspection ports. Such fun!

I told the seller it was a 59 or 60 and he insisted it was a 57! He couldnt provide a vin # so not sure why he thought it was a 57. It is indeed a 1960 fj25. Parts are hard to find and this will be a challenge to restore, but non the less a cool fj25! You will find most if not all the info and parts from this forum!
The front frame crossmember is early to 1959 usually. Obviously it could have been a late 1959 titled as a 1960. A 1957 or early 1958 FJ25 would not have the kickout front cowl vents either.

But the frame is stamped with 0 for the first digit and that’s done at the factory. So I’d say it’s a 60 by Toyota’s standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom