In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shocked. I didn't really know him other than Cruise Moab stuff. We always talked trails when i ran into him. He had a wealth of knowledge of the SW trails and hidden gems to be found. I was in awe when he showed me the San Juan co map inventory... He had sweet preruns into CM from Az.

Thanks for helping me explore the SW Kevin!

Condolences to his wife and family :(

Sad day for us all. RIP kev.

Thatā€™s sad to hear. His tech info was always solid. He will be missed by this forum and the Four Seasons heater control valve company.

Wow...shocked to hear this.

A stark reminder...none of us are guaranteed our next breath.

I have nothing to add that has not already been said. We lost a good man....but his legacy lives on here.

I pray God will give his family strength...in their time of grieving.

RIP Kevin.

The Cruiser Community has lost a legend. Here are a few pictures of Kevin for those of you that were not lucky enough to know this man in person. I was lucky enough to be his friend and I have 14 years of wonderful memories of times spent on the trail and in the shop with this man.
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0041.jpg

DSC08381.JPG
image3-1.jpeg

Last edited:
So very sad, such a great guy.... RIP

Not sure what to say. Like many here I never met Kevin but I have exchanged dozens of PM's with him. He was also quick to help a noob like me. I for one will be raising a glass to him tonight. My thoughts are with his family tonight. Go in peace Kev.

Rest in peace Kevin.
I had the pleasure of knowing him and just last week sharing a good laugh with him. A great human always wiling to help and poke some fun at us less mechanically inclined 1 :banana: kind of guys..

Kevin you will be missed greatly!

Very sad news. Kevin had a wealth of knowledge that he shared freely. My condolences to his wife and family, Happy trails Kevin.

Last edited:
Found out about this yesterday and still feels really numbing knowing he's gone.

Like most on here I've never physically met Kevin but I did threaten to meet up with him when I was considering the 10 highway back home thru Phoenix to visit him, Dillard and a few others. Wound up going 40 West and I'm regretting the decision.

Kevin and I had a few conversations in the beginning of the Wits' End days. He'd give me some unsolicited advice that always started with, "you know, that's not going to work". Then I'd explain my reasoning and then he'd say, "well if you need a fancy doo-dad, I guess".

Years later and we'd be texting constantly. We share the same disdain for the same MUD people so we definitely connected that way. Those texts turning into phone calls because he got so frustrated typing so much. But if I took his call I knew what it meant...get VERY comfortable because whatever he was working on he didn't want to do and instead just wanted to chat. So we chatted. Usually about Cruisers, sometimes about people, but it always revolved about new product or old tool ideas. He had tons of them. LOTS of them. I can remember at least two times I needed to get off the phone but I felt like I was talking to my grandfather 20 years ago so let the conversation go on.

But man when he went into a tear about someone it was a laugh. None of that part of his personality ever really bled out onto the forum. I'm sure everyone that surrounded him know what I'm talking about. Hearing about someone that hid his truck at the body shop just to hide the damage that was done on the trail almost made me piss myself.

I just re-read all of the last month's worth of text messages between us and its funny and its sad and I'm going to really miss him.

Kevin and I had a few conversations in the beginning of the Wits' End days. He'd give me some unsolicited advice that always started with, "you know, that's not going to work". Then I'd explain my reasoning and then he'd say, "well if you need a fancy doo-dad, I guess".

That was him in a nutshell when it came to some of our discussions. He once told/questioned me stating "why would you spend time fixing something that isn't broken instead of enjoying what the vehicle was made for?" He didn't quite understand the OCD in keeping it clean and nice. Just use the d_ _ _ _ _ thing! What a treasure.

Iā€™m very sorry for the loss of such an obviously great man.

I didnā€™t know him, never talked with him. But, have always eavesdropped on his posts. I learned a lot from them.

My sincere condolences to his family and to those of you who shared your life with him and he with you.

RIP Kevin.

Wow...this is very unfortunate and shocking. I guess all i can add to what has already been said is that I've been a member here for about 6 years. In that time, I've posted my share of dumb-ass "tech" related threads. There are a handful of truly knowledgeable and experienced people I genuinely hoped would respond; he was certainly one of them. He didn't pretend to know the answer, he actually knew from experience. Beyond the forum, even though I've never met him, it's easy to tell that he actually lived life...not just pretending to.
Not sure what you drank Kevin, but I'll tilt a glass of bourbon to you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom