Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright long story short my replacement for the 100 is not a 70 or 80 series. My wife sold her car as well and wanted something with more room. With 2021 being the last year of the 200 series, we picked one up:

zc3Zqne.jpg

No build thread yet but I'll post up here if I make one!

Alright long story short my replacement for the 100 is not a 70 or 80 series. My wife sold her car as well and wanted something with more room. With 2021 being the last year of the 200 series, we picked one up:

zc3Zqne.jpg

No build thread yet but I'll post up here if I make one!
Nice! Heritage Edition no less. Well done.

Well done man! I suggest keeping the 200 stock family hauler/camping vehicle and building up the Taco to scratch the wheeling itch.
Post your thoughts on how the 200 compares to 100 in your experience.

YES I am stoked to see you doing cruiser things with the zenith of the platform. Really looking forward to your adventures and feedback after seeing how involved you got with the Lexus. Ultimately very happy you did not get a Jeep

Well done man! I suggest keeping the 200 stock family hauler/camping vehicle and building up the Taco to scratch the wheeling itch.
Post your thoughts on how the 200 compares to 100 in your experience.

That's the plan. Going to keep the 200 close to stock for a long time. Coming from a 100, the 200 is pretty incredible but also familiar. I missed the "bank vault" feel and just how comfortable land cruisers are to drive after I sold the 100. Basically feels like a new and improved 100 with more power and newer tech. There's a lot of extra electronic components but at the end of the day I like that it's still a body on frame chassis, and with a Tundra engine, parts will be accessible for a long time.

YES I am stoked to see you doing cruiser things with the zenith of the platform. Really looking forward to your adventures and feedback after seeing how involved you got with the Lexus. Ultimately very happy you did not get a Jeep
Same man, I'm stoked on it. Actually borrowed a Gladiator the week before I bought this and had several days for an extended test drive. I still like them a lot but just a few noisy freeway drives reminded me that land cruisers are where it's at.

Are all the 2021 200s “heritage edition” or is that a special order item?

Are all the 2021 200s “heritage edition” or is that a special order item?
Special trim. I think about 1/3 of the 2020-2021 LCs were Heritage. Adds the forged BBS wheels, some badging, blacked out headlights, less chrome trim, and replaces the cool box with a standard center console. Extra $2K over base but I felt the wheels and cosmetics were worth it.

Man I've missed this 100. I've wanted to get back into an older land cruiser for a project and ended up with an HDJ81. Build thread can be found here:

Not sure how fast or in depth this build will be, since it's so capable out of the box - but I can guarantee there will be 100% less complaining about torsion bars and Gladiator talk in this one.

URP4c1B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom