Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Taco. I picked up one earlier this year. Found on a local lot, and had everything I would've done to it, already done. Bilstien lift, rear aal, cmc, SPC uca, exhaust reroute.... With all the work that was done I figured it had to be on TacomaWorld. Sure enough I found it on there and contacted the PO before I bought it. He was cool, but TW is a $h!tshow.

Overall, its a really nice truck, but i can't stand the auto trans. You should be good with the manual. Maybe the dealer reset the computer and its still learning my driving habits... only put about 1k mi
Since buying it in Feb... Seems to be getting better with the more miles I put on it.

20200320_123621.jpg

Nice Taco. I picked up one earlier this year. Found on a local lot, and had everything I would've done to it, already done. Bilstien lift, rear aal, cmc, SPC uca, exhaust reroute.... With all the work that was done I figured it had to be on TacomaWorld. Sure enough I found it on there and contacted the PO before I bought it. He was cool, but TW is a $h!tshow.

Overall, its a really nice truck, but i can't stand the auto trans. You should be good with the manual. Maybe the dealer reset the computer and its still learning my driving habits... only put about 1k mi
Since buying it in Feb... Seems to be getting better with the more miles I put on it.

View attachment 2457237
That sounds like a great setup. But I feel you on the trans, i actually almost cancelled my order when I drove an automatic taco. Not a fan of that transmission, but I have zero complaints on the manual. I hear that OVtune can fix the auto though

That's how it starts!! 😅
Sums up all 40 pages of this build thread!

I think the front end looks better with an ARB.. oh now my rear bumper needs a swing out.. now I need sliders.. silly to have sliders if I have open diffs.. wow I overbuilt this, I need a daily... haha

Sums up all 40 pages of this build thread!

I think the front end looks better with an ARB.. oh now my rear bumper needs a swing out.. now I need sliders.. silly to have sliders if I have open diffs.. wow I overbuilt this, I need a daily... haha
hmm sounds like you've been there done that lol :rofl:

Overall I really like it as a daily. Going to try to resist the urge to mod it for as long as possible but who knows. I think the ideal setup will be to keep land cruisers as dedicated off road vehicles and do really minimal mods on this, like TRD pro wheels, grille, and a small lift.

This is exactly what I've done. Except, I've just left the Tacoma stock. I thought about a small lift and 33's, but couldn't really justify it. It's a great truck for all the truck stuff I do. It's very capable and I've never needed anything bigger. And I appreciate not daily driving the Land Cruiser.

congrats on the sale.. Always wanted to know the main difference between the 70 vs 80. Love the way the 70 looks

And the 100 is sold - sale went through today. Still deciding on replacement but most likely going to be a 70 or 80 series.
Where is your LX470 going to? Staying local in Utah or out of state?

Ikarus,

Got a bucket of KFC and took my new rig up to my buddies ranch up to shoot some guns and put the rig through its paces. Climbed a few good hill climbs and cruised over some really bumpy dirt roads. The suspension was great. The lockers worked flawlessly and I had a smile on my face from ear to ear. The tailgate was nice too, for loading mags and chilling while eating some chicken legs. Originally bought it for my son so he wouldn't drive my cars. But I may keep it for myself.

IMG_2648.jpeg

Ikarus,

Got a bucket of KFC and took my new rig up to my buddies ranch up to shoot some guns and put the rig through its paces. Climbed a few good hill climbs and cruised over some really bumpy dirt roads. The suspension was great. The lockers worked flawlessly and I had a smile on my face from ear to ear. The tailgate was nice too, for loading mags and chilling while eating some chicken legs. Originally bought it for my son so he wouldn't drive my cars. But I may keep it for myself.

View attachment 2482451
Enjoy the truck!

Ikarus,

View attachment 2482451
Dude that’s awesome - glad to hear it’s already being put to good use!

Ikarus,

I've seen this rig around Provo (Riverwoods area) twice in the last week. I figured it may have sold. Congrats on your new rig, it is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom