I have questions about the Jeep Wave protocol... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StinkyPig

SILVER Star
Threads
I have noted, this year it seems more prevalent, that when I am driving my FJ40's the Jp folks tend to shoot me the Jp wave more often than not.
1. Is it because they don't know what a Jp looks like and mistakenly wave?
2. Or this because they are bowing to the superiority of the Land Cruiser?

So I ask fellow mudders, what is the correct protocol?

It's a j%%p thing! It's all in fun. I've owned my 72 40 for decades. Thru the yrs, I'd get the occasional wave. While building my 75 40, I owned several yj's during a summer or two. I like open vehicles. Every jeep I passed waved like it was mandatory and I'd respond likewise. Like I said it's a j@@p thing. I believe if they waved at a 40, it was becuase of mistaken identity.:)

Last edited:
I’ve had a few jeeps, YJ’s and TJ’s but have never been a waver. Same on my Harley, never been a waver. I’ve been passed by so many other jeeps or Harley’s while stuck on the side of the road with a breakdown; they all just wave and drive by. Not against waving, I’m just a bitter, grumpy old man at the tender age of 38. But I wave back to every old car or guy in a Toyota pickup that looks excited and gives me a wave. A very easy on the eyes mom walked up to me the other day in line to pick my daughter up at preschool and said I know this isn’t a jeep but I think this is the coolest car I’ve ever seen. Now she waves at me all the time out and about. If my wife is with me I let her wave at that one….

It's a j%%p thing! It's all in fun. I've owned my 72 40 for decades.

Nobody under the age of 40 outside of this forum or outside of the Yotaverse has a "pherking" clue.

The 1st "40" I ran across was back off the paved road a fer piece. I was in a Bronco 1/2 cab with a 3 speed on the tree. I'm not sure who was more mesmerized, me or him. We both hunted the same mountain, shared a lunch and shot the Sh$t for a bit. Checked out each other's 4x4 and parted ways.

What I took away my Brother from across the river was' "I want one of those".... 😁 👈:beer:

Sooo WTH, shoot em a nod, point a finger and give a thumbs up. Never know who you'll influence....

Always to other 60's : ✌️:
😍

I have a 1 finger wave I like to use in many occasions. Mostly because I too am bitter man
🖕🏾

I have noted, this year it seems more prevalent, that when I am driving my FJ40's the Jp folks tend to shoot me the Jp wave more often than not.
1. Is it because they don't know what a Jp looks like and mistakenly wave?
2. Or this because they are bowing to the superiority of the Land Cruiser?

So I ask fellow mudders, what is the correct protocol?
Maybe middle-aged women just find you attractive. 😊

When I was a kid growing up in Eastern Oregon, everybody waved at everybody, especially on dirt roads. I've lived in or near Seattle since '81, and driving around my new-to-me '40, I about fell over when someone waved! Part of the fun of driving it is experiencing those waves now. I try to remember to wave back.

My buddy who owns a 1987 4runner will drive his moms jeep around sometimes, whenever he gets the wave he just flips them off in return. First time I saw him do it I almost died of laughter

My buddy who owns a 1987 4runner will drive his moms jeep around sometimes, whenever he gets the wave he just flips them off in return. First time I saw him do it I almost died of laughter
^this^ :flipoff2:

I have a strange feeling, this will be one of those threads, that will become one of those epic topics of conversation, befitting a place in the hallowed halls of "Chit-Chat".

@rkymtnflyfisher

I just hate jeeps.
Most driven by young and old women in my town
Seeming All rubicons on 33”+

Idk, I always wave cause I try not to be too much of a dick most of the time. :meh:

Around here, if I waved at every J**p I saw, I would have a dislocated shoulder. Jesus Christ there’s 2 or 3 at every stop light. When they see me, especially if the glass is down, they usually just gawk & stare.

I just hate jeeps.
Most driven by young and old women in my town
Seeming All rubicons on 33”+
Its the same here in Western NY State. I don't hate Wanglers. But man I don't get it. There are are a :poop:ton Rubicuns around here that are seriously decked out.

Lots of people have mentioned that where they live it’s not uncommon for people to give at least an index finger on their steering wheel wave when you are driving towards them in a dirt road. I no longer live on a dirt road, although it’s still rural, so I don’t need to go very far to be on one. I would say 40-50% of the people on rural dirt roads still do the finger wave, no matter what I am driving, at least in Eastern Nebraska.

F2448FDB-CE23-4CB8-893A-A32A75AD5EFB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom