HJ47/HJ45/FJ45 Troopy registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1979 HJ45 Double Cab

1979 HJ45 LWB pickup converted to Crew cab. 1 of approx 15 professionally converted for mining industry in interior AU. Super cool. Super rare. Extremely well maintained.

Status: Runs, drives, stops. No leaks. Low KM's. Very strong runner. NO RUST AT ALL. Dry as a bone.

Plans/upgrades: Maybe do an exo/trayback combo. Or, would love to build a custom camper like Rideglobally who has similiar platform or like Soenke's HDJ45/80 work-of-art. But, that's less likely.

:beer:
79 HJ45 Crew Cab and 84 HJ47 Troopy 018.jpg
79 HJ45 Crew Cab and 84 HJ47 Troopy 023.jpg
79 HJ45 Crew Cab and 84 HJ47 Troopy 022.jpg

With all the new troopies I've seen lately on Mud, I thought I would bump this thread. I also thought I would share this quote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

R. J. Wiedemann LtCol. USMC Ret

Cheers,

Josh

Last edited:
Here she is!

Hj47000007.:grinpimp:
mini-5-24-09 059.jpg

Gday all. My name is Casper and im from Perth, W.A and i have just recently brought myself a 1980 HJ45 troopie about a month ago for $700 (trust me, she looks like shes worth $700 also lol) and i love the look of it. just wants to know a couple of things bout it like if there has been troopies with 5speeds in it, if any 1 has made 5 speeds and how hard is it or is it worth it?

Iv just picked up a shorty 40 shell for $600 and guna transfer parts of the body over, bucket seats and other parts that my troopie is a bit rusty on. well wen i get some pics of it, ill show you all my baby.

Cheers. Casper

Casper,

Welcome to Mud!

Yeah the best way to go with a 5 speed is to use an H55F from an Hj75 or HJ60/61. They never made a 5 speed for the HJ45. We're both in perth, I know for sure there are plenty around. I picked one up for $600 a few months ago. A little bit of modification is required, but not much, all considered. Here is a really useful thread of this very operation (although into an HJ47):

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/198211-h55-split-case-into-hj47-troopy.html

I'm not exactly sure how well the input shaft spline will mate to the H engine.... I'm sure many of the guys on this forum can answer that ... (cue orangefj45)

I'm going to be swapping in an H55F into my troopy shortly, just in the process of cleaning it up at the moment. Which reminds me .... anyone interested in an H41 box with split case? the tranny will need a rebuild, synchro gear in first is gone for sure. The transfer will need to split open to retrieve a lost linkage for the hi/low range selector ( https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/282899-transfer-woes.html )

Cheers,

Matt

Mine, too!

1981 HJ47 Troopie.
Imported from Australia
Vin: HJ470081731

No AC, disc brakes, or any extras like that.

Mine, too!

1981 HJ47 Troopie.
Imported from Australia
Vin: HJ470081731

No AC, disc brakes, or any extras like that.

Yeah me too, me too! Go the early HJ47!

Does your 2H have two fuel filters as well?
How have you gone about setting up your vegie oil fuel? Does she run ok on it?

Cheers,

Matt

Seeking background info about my HJ47

Hello all. I'm very new to this wonderful site, and in this thread I noticed my newly acquired Troopy's VIN is registered. I'm wondering if anyone has any additional info about it. It is basically a rust bucket right now but I'm planning to restore it since it looks so cool. It is my forth LC though. I had an FJ40, FJ62, and currently have an FJ80 also. The VIN is HJ47-017464 ( Right hand drive 2H Deisel imported to Maryland in 2008 and ended up in Nevada where I bought it from). I'm in the process of registering it in So Cali, and I'm sure I'll need a lot of help since I'm just a glorified computer tech. At least I a tech right? Anyway, any input would be greatly appriciated.

G'day Bruising,

Your rig was owned by hj47slave, so you could look him up on this site and ask him. I don't know if he imported it, though. Do you know which Australian state it was registered in? There may be service stickers on the inside of the glovebox door which indicate which state it was in.

Welcome to the great world of troopies- you will grow to love it:). Don't worry too much about the rust- there is nothing you can't cut out and fix on a troopy. Have a look at 'Henry James the 47th' and his thread on the pickup he restored.

Cheers,

Josh

Hello HJ owners

Just finished up a frame on restoration on my BJ42. Since being bitten by the bug I have been looking at the HJ's. If anyone knows of one for sale PM me and let me know... Thanks!

Cheers!

Hi.

New here. This is my Troopy. I'll post the VIN #later. So how many Troopys are in the U.S?
cruiserfront.JPG
cruiserinteriorfront.jpg
landcruiserinterior.jpg

My, my, my. You seem to have picked up the very rare and interesting FJ-47 Saudi specification Troopy. A nice selection. I'm still new here, but I'm sure you're about to have a lot of attention. Enjoy it. You have one of the very special ones. But you already knew that didn't you?

I'm interested, how did you know it's a Saudi vehicle? That's what I was told, but how did you know?

I'm interested, how did you know it's a Saudi vehicle? That's what I was told, but how did you know?

It could be the Chrome grille, 2F and LHD...or it could be the fact that Bruno brought it in, and it has been on Ebay.:) That is a beautiful FJ45 (flatlandhj-there is no such creature as an FJ47, by the way); it ought to last you for decades. Are you in Idaho? Welcome to the Troopy world.

Cheers,

Josh

It could be the Chrome grille, 2F and LHD...or it could be the fact that Bruno brought it in, and it has been on Ebay.:) That is a beautiful FJ45 (flatlandhj-there is no such creature as an FJ47, by the way); it ought to last you for decades. Are you in Idaho? Welcome to the Troopy world.

Cheers,

Josh

Yes, Boise. I purchased this Troopy in Oregon. I noticed there was a thread on this forum about it before I bought it. Just a heads up, I know about the changes in title of this vehicle over the years in the U.S. and I don't care, so no haters allowed.;)

BTW, I see you live in Adelaide. I lived in Adelaide as a boy. Went to Rostrevor college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom