Builds Hammersaurus Lex - The LX470 gets tons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ugh, so what have I been doing... let's see

I reupholstered my seats with @Ridies leather. The leather legitimately looks good and seems well constructed. They aren't exactly easy to install and require quite a bit of work to put in place. I wasn't thrilled with their customer service, dismissive attitude, and general lack of concern with my complaints. That said, the product is decent, assuming you can figure out how to install it.
L8jeULH.jpg

nY1cFMx.jpg

Then I mounted my backup camera and front-facing camera. The front-facing camera is pretty cool:
9SghpzN.jpg

3d8ravw.jpg

upPNgfV.jpg

I think I need rock lights for the front, now. But I did wire up USB charger ports

I reupholstered my seats with @Ridies leather. The leather legitimately looks good and seems well constructed. They aren't exactly easy to install and require quite a bit of work to put in place. I wasn't thrilled with their customer service, dismissive attitude, and general lack of concern with my complaints. That said, the product is decent, assuming you can figure out how to install it.
L8jeULH.jpg

nY1cFMx.jpg
End product looks good !!!

So... what's up with the single flip flop?

Also, I didn't figure you for an adjustable wrench type guy.

:flipoff2:

Rig looks good by the way.

So... what's up with the single flip flop?

Also, I didn't figure you for an adjustable wrench type guy.

:flipoff2:

Rig looks good by the way.
Those are there to illustrate the perspective from the drivers seat. Note the needle nose pliers pretty much under the axle and their visibiliy on the monitor

Then I mounted my backup camera and front-facing camera. The front-facing camera is pretty cool:
9SghpzN.jpg

3d8ravw.jpg

upPNgfV.jpg

I think I need rock lights for the front, now. But I did wire up USB charger ports

What kind of camera did you go with? I want to do something similar, but doubt I'll be able to get the tires in view. That's badass.

I couldn't tell in a few of the pics, but how close was your driveshaft to the stock tank/skid???
Not sure how to answer that. I have an offset rear diff so it's the same as stock.

In any event, for just staying in my garage and being a little money pit, it works totally fine. The mall may present some new challenges

What kind of camera did you go with? I want to do something similar, but doubt I'll be able to get the tires in view. That's badass.
Some China job off Amazon. It's designed for through-hole mounting.

In practice, it's pretty fisheyed, but better than nothing

We are sorry that you feel that our customer service wasn't great. Can you pm me your order number or name and I will look into it? Did you call or had intereaction over the email?

You did nice job installing these. Would love to see more pictures

Thanks

L8jeULH.jpg

nY1cFMx.jpg

We are sorry that you feel that our customer service wasn't great. Can you pm me your order number or name and I will look into it? Did you call or had intereaction over the email?

You did nice job installing these. Would love to see more pictures

Thanks
This was over email.
My armrests were missing. No explanation of how to deal with curtain airbags. Back seat clips don't attach right. The attachment method for the OEM seats doesn't use hog rings in a few places but rather a metal clip with bolts (around the airbag squib) etc.

I was told I'd get armrests sent (who knows if that's happening?) and that I have to unsew and resew the plastic clips from the old seats because 'thats how it goes when installing aftermarket seats' in spite of the websites claim that they are a "perfect" fit.

Like I said, the leather and product is nice. I am reasonably happy with the results. Order number was 10490.

your mini van needs rock sliders

This was over email.
My armrests were missing. No explanation of how to deal with curtain airbags. Back seat clips don't attach right. The attachment method for the OEM seats doesn't use hog rings in a few places but rather a metal clip with bolts (around the airbag squib) etc.

I was told I'd get armrests sent (who knows if that's happening?) and that I have to unsew and resew the plastic clips from the old seats because 'thats how it goes when installing aftermarket seats' in spite of the websites claim that they are a "perfect" fit.

Like I said, the leather and product is nice. I am reasonably happy with the results. Order number was 10490.

Thanks for the info. Give me a day or so and I will look into it and will let you know as to what is going on with your armrests.

Thanks for the info. Give me a day or so and I will look into it and will let you know as to what is going on with your armrests.
Thank you!

L8jeULH.jpg

nY1cFMx.jpg

You chose medium gray, right?

Any chance you could post or send me some more pictures? Overthinking which supplier I should choose!

You chose medium gray, right?

Any chance you could post or send me some more pictures? Overthinking which supplier I should choose!
Yes, I did. No more pics unfortunately

There's a whole lot of crazy stuff going on in this thread. Also, among the dvd spines in your seat photo did I spy "Cemetery man?" Holy hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom