Builds Hammersaurus Lex - The LX470 gets tons (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's a whole lot of crazy stuff going on in this thread. Also, among the dvd spines in your seat photo did I spy "Cemetery man?" Holy hell!
Cemetary high. Yes, I have an extensive B movie collection

Ugh, so what have I been doing... let's see

I reupholstered my seats with @Ridies leather. The leather legitimately looks good and seems well constructed. They aren't exactly easy to install and require quite a bit of work to put in place. I wasn't thrilled with their customer service, dismissive attitude, and general lack of concern with my complaints. That said, the product is decent, assuming you can figure out how to install it.
L8jeULH.jpg

nY1cFMx.jpg
I found them very responsive
And excellent service

I found them very responsive
And excellent service
They did not address the clip issue but did send me armrests that do not fit. Hopefully they will send armrests that do fit.

There's a whole lot of crazy stuff going on in this thread. Also, among the dvd spines in your seat photo did I spy "Cemetery man?" Holy hell!
P
They did not address the clip issue but did send me armrests that do not fit. Hopefully they will send armrests that do fit.
we dont have armrest in uk, generally we have a bigger centre box .i have seen a couple though but still prefer the bigger box.The bottom line is what your used to

So let's see... I have

* Finished the armrests
* Completed a subwoofer box and mounted it to the coilover hat
* Installed rock lights
* Adjusted the rear sway bar and welded lil' stiffeners to them
* Installed some USB chargers and inputs for the terrible "Tesla" style headunit
* Driven it around to starbucks while avoiding the COVID police
* New tank of gas
* Modified the exhaust to swoop over the rear axle a little
* Painted some stuff or something
* Cracked the third brake light backing out of the garage
* Modified the pump input to allow for more optimal hose routing

I need to finish the spare tire mount that I started a while back. Thinking of anchoring a large acme nut to the floor and then using an acme threaded rod to clamp the tire down

How's the brakes feeling with the stock 100 series accumulator setup with your larger calipers? Feel the need to swap out to a larger MC and vacuum booster set up?
It's good, surprisingly. The pump and accumulator is working more than before since it's pushing much more fluid, so it cycles more, and I'm paranoid it's going to fail on the trail or something since they all wear out at some point. But the pedal is great and it's got great stopping power. I wish I could turn off the 11ty billion lights on the dash...

I would probably go hydroboost before vacuum based on the experience with my 80.

Pics or it didn't happen, especially since the "Steering is still all heavy and terrible" right?

Cheers!
rjones
Using the Sierra 3500 pump and putting a rubber isolator grommet on the support bearing for the input shaft has solved most of that. Steering is ok now

Looking through your build thread, I'm trying to figure out, where exactly you relocated/replaced the Night View near IR illuminators, on that nice looking tube front bumper? Because, I'm sure you wouldn't want to drive that behemoth around, without that feature available! :)

Looking through your build thread, I'm trying to figure out, where exactly you relocated/replaced the Night View near IR illuminators, on that nice looking tube front bumper? Because, I'm sure you wouldn't want to drive that behemoth around, without that feature available! :)
So that feature may have been deleted. On the plus side, the night view LED on the dash still works.

Reactions: jLB
So that feature may have been deleted. On the plus side, the night view LED on the dash still works.

Well, other than a few rare situations, that's about the same functionality that it had brand new.

Never understood build threads that have a 10:1 text : pic ratio. This is more like a diary at this point.
:( I will upload pics for you

OK @Kabanstva here are some pics.

First, the skid plate. The part under the t-case is made from AR500 plate. Just an experiment to see how it slides compared to A36 plate. The part under the fuel tank skid could have some thinnish sheet metal attached to the "ladder" frame part but we'll see if I keep getting hung up before doing that.
s8Sq7D1.png

Then I started creating a subwoofer box that would tuck in nicely between the rear seat and the spare tire mounted in the back. I used to do a lot of woodworking and kinda missed it to be honest. Woodworking would be a way better hobby during COVID-19, but alas... anyway, it's a single 10 and it's barely adequate but better than the Mark Levinson garbage:
VaVYIrV.png

FFXc2UU.png

Here's some rock lights that I wired up. They're unnecessary and probably not super useful, but it was cheap and a nice project to prevent me from going (more) insane:
3eschB8.png

Then I build a spare tire mount for the 3rd row area. It's some flat bar that mounts to the 3rd row latch points, with a large Acme threaded nut (rounded over so the tire slides up and over it) welded to that. The "clamping post" is Acme threaded rod and a 10" UHMW disc that clamps the wheel down. I welded a nut on the end of the rod so you just use the same lug wrench to unbolt the clamp. Note that the completed subwoofer box is visible too, tucked in nice:
8PjRA5h.png

3pn4KZT.png

Lastly, you can imagine I'd need a rack that mounts on top of this whole setup so I can strap down cargo, hi-lift jacks, etc of various sorts. I need some pallet decking to tack to the perimeter but anyone curious can see here:
9oL4cDL.png

Using the Sierra 3500 pump and putting a rubber isolator grommet on the support bearing for the input shaft has solved most of that. Steering is ok now
Details on the isolator grommet? I'm having a hard time picturing this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom