Garage and workshop cabinet recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

Looking to get some ideas on garage storage cabinets or other organization methods. Currently I have 3 bottom tool chests which measure 126” which I will make a top for then have pegboard on the wall. I need to find some wall cabinets or other storage solution to go above the pegboard. I basically have 14 feet to play with so anything in between would be fine. Any recommendations on particular units? What do you all have? I do not want to build cabinets unless I have to. Garage cabinets at Home Depot seem cheap.

Anyone have experience with these?
https://www.garage-organization.com/Product/Ulti-MATE-Garage-Cabinets-UG22040R.aspx?view=Documents

Thanks for any feedback
Sean

Yes I had these in a former house basement. I think I still have one piece left that made a move a few years ago.

I used these for occasional use items and at the time they were the best value I could find and perfectly accomplished my goal to hide all clutter and have access to items when needed.

On shelves where I had really heavy objects I added bolted in brackets to hold the shelves, they only came with those small brass bullets that go into the circular holes and all the tall cabinets were anchored to a block wall.

I don’t know how they would hold up to Real heavy daily use, abuse, or moisture, they are all laminated pressboard, but for my usage I would not hesitate to use them again if they are still favorably priced!

0890485B-4E12-43C6-AFE8-1D6DC4A0A6EB.jpeg
0E5D00D1-CA96-4E5E-A652-DD5B5BA98506.jpeg
0890485B-4E12-43C6-AFE8-1D6DC4A0A6EB.jpeg
0E5D00D1-CA96-4E5E-A652-DD5B5BA98506.jpeg

Last edited:
Wife wanted a new Kitchen and I got the old ones.
Look around where your located and you might find discount cabinets, or an architectural salvage place.
For the bench top I used 2 x 3's glued and screwed together on the 3" side.
As the surface gets ugly , I break out the belt sander and its lovely once again.
(just have to figure out a way to catch the dust before it fills the shop)
Bobmo

IMG_0247.JPG

Wife wanted a new Kitchen and I got the old ones.
Look around where your located and you might find discount cabinets, or an architectural salvage place.
For the bench top I used 2 x 3's glued and screwed together on the 3" side.
As the surface gets ugly , I break out the belt sander and its lovely once again.
(just have to figure out a way to catch the dust before it fills the shop)
Bobmo

View attachment 2426211

Nice! This is quickly becoming a garage thread, very cool win/win!

Thanks guys. Pressboard may not be the best right now because currently there is no heat and hopefully that will come about this winter as well.

My wife’s grandfather did his garage in old cabinets but is a master craftsman. I need something turn key for time restraints but will explore it if need be.

I did find this system which is pricey but fits in the dimensions given.

Wish I could see and feel it for quality.

Really good metal cabinets are expensive. I bought these Saber cabinets years ago when they cost half what they cost today. They have been in 3 houses though and are still in fantastic shape. I like the "floating" look with no legs.

C236A205-06E1-4CEE-8DED-57BB37BAA54C.jpeg

I'm a cheap bastard, find some old stuff from Craigslist! Save the rest for fishing and beer.

Go find a Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Great prices on used kitchen cabinets. I have one in the garage now I use for my detailing stuff, I think it was $15. Basic oak face frame cabinet, stile-and-rail raised panel doors.

This is what I have, each piece sells separately so you can fit your space. I have been happy with them.

I also like the Costco metal ones (and they go on sale 1-2 times per year), but were not on sale when I was ordering.

Update, happy with the Sandusky cabinets from Northern tool. Grainger has them as well. They come fully assembled which is nice. Only one handle for 2 doors in the middle of the cabinet so it is a little high. Always need step stool.

Ordered a set of Hallowell cabinets for my work from Grainger, Unassembled. Biggest POS ever! Returned them. Tough to find cabinets these days that are not back ordered.

F6812944-2871-4EF6-85F5-A33047E3CDD9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom