Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm on the fence for the Lowrider or Front Gauge version and it somewhat depends on what the final production versions look like. The prototype Lowrider version doesn't look fully finished on the front edge (the edge closest to the screen that will be the most visible), so I'd like to see what the production version looks like. The Front Gauge version will also provide a useful place to mount some things like USB chargers and the external microphone for something like the EC Offroad Android CarPlay unit.

I had something similar to the Front Gauge version on my 1995 Land Rover Discovery from The Department of the Interior in Australia years ago that I mounted a CB in. It worked really well and didn't cause any visibility issues at all. IIRC, that product was made of wood and it was covered with leather / vinyl that matched the Discovery's interior.

Last edited:
Gang, appreciate the patience here. Finally have stock of the newest version for the 2016+ Land Cruiser. I think we got the fit just right, am pretty pumped with how this looks installed. You tell me...

Gamiviti_speakergrill2.jpg

Gamiviti_speakergrill1.jpg

Gamiviti_speakergrill3.jpg

Gamiviti_speakergrill4.jpg

Gamiviti_speakergrill5.jpg

Looks great!!

ready for the 08-15 version
Coming! I have my first samples in, and didn't quite nail it on the fit... am able to make it work with some trimming, but need to trim up the CAD file and get another couple on order. Hoping I do better next round, figure another few weeks and I'll have them also. Will get a pic posted of this installed on a 2008 as soon as I get my hands on one..

I also decided to go a different direction on the higher profile, gauge version. Sensing from all the feedback I've already received, it quickly became apparent that I couldn't design just 1 version that satisfies everyone relative to number and type of switches, gauges, etc. So instead I developed some custom enclosures for the switches and socket-sized gauges and had them 3D printed. They mount up using the same 2" hole pattern as those flat USB chargers, so the most you'd need to do is maybe drill another hole for wires beneath them... I've already got that baked into the next file though.

So one of these will hold a single socket gauge. I'm going to use mine to look at battery voltage:

Gamiviti_socketholder1.jpg

Gamiviti_socketholder2.jpg

And the other one will hold 2 of those switches from Air Onboard... which I believe our the standard for our 200's. I will use the one labeled "power" to toggle on/off the negative feed to the battery voltage gauge, the other switch doesn't have a purpose yet, just filling a hole. I could also shove a blank in there, but I already had the extra switch.

Gamiviti_swithholder1.jpg

Gamiviti_switchholder2.jpg

So again these just bolt to the top surface wherever you want.

Gamiviti_accessoriesmounted.jpg

And the last little innovation for the newer versions will be a hole pattern for the 9" GearTrac from Yak Attack. these things are only like $12 and they hold the sliding Ram mounts perfectly.. just another mount option if you don't want to mess with the individual bases.

Gamiviti_speakergrill_ramtrack.jpg

Credit goes to @yonah for giving me that idea, thanks Steve. So if you are a super early adopter you may need to drill a couple holes to make this bolt up, but on all future versions there will be holes in there for this, and the track will also make it so you don't see all those other Ram mount holes when the track is installed. here's the track:
Amazon product ASIN B078PRJR45

And the last little innovation for the newer versions will be a hole pattern for the 9" GearTrac from Yak Attack. these things are only like $12 and they hold the sliding Ram mounts perfectly.. just another mount option if you don't want to mess with the individual bases.

View attachment 2914392

Credit goes to @yonah for giving me that idea, thanks Steve. So if you are a super early adopter you may need to drill a couple holes to make this bolt up, but on all future versions there will be holes in there for this, and the track will also make it so you don't see all those other Ram mount holes when the track is installed. here's the track:
That mount actually looks cleaner than the track option from RAM mount.

Looks great. Based on what you have learned regarding stock panels/attachment points @nakman is there going to be a variant for this dashboard (2009 LX570 pictured).

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 1.27.42 PM.png

Looks great. Based on what you have learned regarding stock panels/attachment points @nakman is there going to be a variant for this dashboard (2009 LX570 pictured).
Yup, another variant indeed. I'm working on the 2016+ LX version currently, which is also different, and will prototype that along with my next rev of the 2008-2015 land cruiser. Once I get those further along, no reason I couldn't also do the earlier LX, it's just last on the list right now.

I also decided to go a different direction on the higher profile, gauge version. Sensing from all the feedback I've already received, it quickly became apparent that I couldn't design just 1 version that satisfies everyone relative to number and type of switches, gauges, etc. So instead I developed some custom enclosures for the switches and socket-sized gauges and had them 3D printed. They mount up using the same 2" hole pattern as those flat USB chargers, so the most you'd need to do is maybe drill another hole for wires beneath them... I've already got that baked into the next file though.

So one of these will hold a single socket gauge. I'm going to use mine to look at battery voltage:

View attachment 2914366
View attachment 2914367
A variant with no hole would be nice so smaller diameter items can be installed. For example, the microphone that the EC Offroad android / CarPlay unit needs. It does look like filler plates are available though:

Amazon product ASIN B07T6JVP19

Yup, another variant indeed. I'm working on the 2016+ LX version currently, which is also different, and will prototype that along with my next rev of the 2008-2015 land cruiser. Once I get those further along, no reason I couldn't also do the earlier LX, it's just last on the list right now.
The uber-standardized IT person in me wants to see you design one platform, and then basically a swappable "trim ring/spacer" that would fit between the top of the dash and the bottom of the platform - and maybe screw onto the platform just to secure it. That way you'd have only one design, and it could be used in any vehicle once you model the spacer. I've no idea if this is feasible.

If I hadn't already drilled holes in my top speaker grill to mount a 9" RAM track last summer I'd totally be onboard with your low profile design, btw.

View attachment 2914392

Looks great! Any idea when the track hole pattern will be integrated into the mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom