Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nakman

addict.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.gamiviti.com
Hey gang, going to try something a little different here, in that I want to make a better effort at sharing what we're working on, getting input, etc. So to that end, will start a thread to open myself open to questions, comments, criticisms, whatever you feel is appropriate.

First and most obvious product is our Essential Expo rack for the 200 series. 200 Racks — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/200-racks you will likely recognize a few trucks on that page... what is new with the Essential line is that I have done most of the decision making for you, and I'm also actively stocking these racks now. Which means much faster lead times. Of course we also do all of the customization still that we've been offering for more than 10 years now, I know there are quite a few threads from others' builds that show some of them. Feel free to PM or email any specifics if you want to get into a dialog there. For now, I'll just put up a picture..

smakee_200_lakemac.jpg

Been dabbling a bit with cross bars. More to come on this, but I get asked enough for a cross bar solution that I took the time to develop something that works, and mates up to our towers, also has future uses when you upgrade to a rack. You can see more on those, watch the video, etc. on the website here if you want more info: Cross Bars — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/cross-bars and for those less interested, here's a picture:

IMG_5206.jpg

But the thing I'm most excited about today is a new one I swear you haven't seen before... hope you're sitting down. ok j/k. It's a replacement speaker screen for your upper dashboard insert on the 2016+ Land Cruisers... no cutting, welding, you just pop off the panel, remove the screen, then add this new sheet metal bezel in its place. Some pics:
IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

I made 3 different versions of the front plastic part, the one shown is with 5 round holes for 12v outlets, etc. #2 has 2 round and 4 rectangular openings, and #3 has 2 round and a big rectangular opening in the middle that will fit a Switchpro. You can also run 5 holes without the plastic in front, as the steel also has that 5-hole pattern (which you'd trim to run a different one).

On my rig, I put that Garmin there just for looks, that'll most likely move to the right side, and on the left will be my Ham Radio faceplate. I'm just waiting on a few more Ram parts for that one. The USB/volt meter on the left is from the primary battery, the one on the right is the 2nd battery, the 12v sockets are split also. And that center switch kills them all.

The top of the part also has a ton of holes for bolting up additional Ram mounts, also a couple bigger holes for grommets & cables, holes for the speaker, and another hole for the headlight light sensor. I'm pretty good and putting holes through sheet metal in CAD. :rolleyes: But hey pics are always fun, so here's what that looks like on the screen:

200_gamivitibezel_cad.jpg

So I'm curious if there's much interest in these? Or if anyone wants to try one out? Or if there are any other objects you wish you could stick onto the top of your dash, which would be appropriate here. Thank you all for your continued support, and I appreciate all the comments. -tim

I like this - esp if it can be paint matched to the top of the dash.

I have been thinking about figuring out a way to put a couple RAM 1.5 balls on the speaker screen (but would need to be anchored solidly to vehicle).

Any plans on an Aluminum or Chrome Molly version for weight and corrosion resistance?

Either way I WILL be ordering one! Awesome product!
On a round tube rack, probably not. One knock against is to get the same strength in aluminum you'd have to beef up the wall thickness and/or OD so much that you're right back to the same weight you had with steel- without any grids welded on our racks are only like 45-50 pounds. Maybe you can pull it off and save 5 pounds or so... but at that point so what? you're not going to feel that. I also have stock and perpetual orders of all the pieces to these; the plates, gussets, light tabs, angle, grid material, as well as the towers. that's how we're able to turn these around as quickly as we do, even custom. I just can't see the ROI on duplicating all of that in aluminum, or the desire to manage double the part numbers.

For finish, it's a well known issue that steel stuff rusts. Same as your bumpers, sliders, skid plates, etc. But it's been fairly easy to stay on top of this finish, easy to retouch with spray paint, and even make protective sleeves with plastic tubing to slide your boats, tents, and ladders across. We're also doing a 4-step powder coat process now which includes both the top coat and zinc primer. It'll never be perfect, but it's pretty darn good, and better than ever.

I like this - esp if it can be paint matched to the top of the dash.

I have been thinking about figuring out a way to put a couple RAM 1.5 balls on the speaker screen (but would need to be anchored solidly to vehicle).
The finish I'm doing is a brushed stainless, which is hopefully going to match the vertical pieces around the Nav, it'll at least be close. The one you see above is a prototype without the brushing... that said, you could paint this any color you want. And yes, the Ram mounts was the idea that sparked the whole thing, I also thought about adding them to the grill but then came up with this alternative once I realized how flimsy that grill material is. Utilizing the same plastic surround makes this thing pretty solid now.

But the thing I'm most excited about today is a new one I swear you haven't seen before... hope you're sitting down. ok j/k. It's a replacement speaker screen for your upper dashboard insert on the 2016+ Land Cruisers... no cutting, welding, you just pop off the panel, remove the screen, then add this new sheet metal bezel in its place. Some pics:
View attachment 2845765
View attachment 2845766
View attachment 2845767

I made 3 different versions of the front plastic part, the one shown is with 5 round holes for 12v outlets, etc. #2 has 2 round and 4 rectangular openings, and #3 has 2 round and a big rectangular opening in the middle that will fit a Switchpro. You can also run 5 holes without the plastic in front, as the steel also has that 5-hole pattern (which you'd trim to run a different one).

On my rig, I put that Garmin there just for looks, that'll most likely move to the right side, and on the left will be my Ham Radio faceplate. I'm just waiting on a few more Ram parts for that one. The USB/volt meter on the left is from the primary battery, the one on the right is the 2nd battery, the 12v sockets are split also. And that center switch kills them all.

The top of the part also has a ton of holes for bolting up additional Ram mounts, also a couple bigger holes for grommets & cables, holes for the speaker, and another hole for the headlight light sensor. I'm pretty good and putting holes through sheet metal in CAD. :rolleyes: But hey pics are always fun, so here's what that looks like on the screen:

View attachment 2845774

So I'm curious if there's much interest in these? Or if anyone wants to try one out? Or if there are any other objects you wish you could stick onto the top of your dash, which would be appropriate here. Thank you all for your continued support, and I appreciate all the comments. -tim
Without seeing the dimensions underneath, it looks like it may hold a Grom Vline, Beatsonic, EC Offroad or other stereo add-on underneath as well, which could free up the glove box.

View attachment 2845765
View attachment 2845766
View attachment 2845767

View attachment 2845774

Any plans for pre 2016 LCs?

Without seeing the dimensions underneath, it looks like it may hold a Grom Vline, Beatsonic, EC Offroad or other stereo add-on underneath as well, which could free up the glove box.

Man that's a great idea. And there's quite a bit of room inside, I bet you could hide all sorts of that kind of stuff in there!

Any plans for pre 2016 LCs?

Need to spend some time in one first to see what the options are... but if there's a way then sure why not. I've got a buddy down the street with a 2008, are they all the same 08-15 or is there a change somewhere in there? I was also thinking of doing a GX470 version, since I have one of those also, maybe just a Ram mount though not an entire shroud to house gauges.

Cool new product!

I'd like a drop in replacement for the speaker that I could mount a ram rail to. I know a bunch of people here have just bolted to the stock plastic grille, but it doesn't seem very sturdy. I don't need additional plugs up there.

I'd ditch the ram ball I have on my grab handle so I could mount my iPad Mini on it for when I go exploring or offroading. So many options once you have a way to attach a ram ball or three.

Last edited:
Cool new product!

I'd like a drop in replacement for the speaker that I could mount a ram rail to. I know a bunch of people here have just bolted to the stock plastic grille, but it doesn't seem very sturdy. I don't need additional plugs up there.
thanks! So ok, a more flat version without the cutouts in front... but the holes on top for ram mounts? that's a great idea, yes I can totally make that. Won't be instant, I need to validate my newest rev on this first one, but yes I can make this happen.
Don't forget the LX570 crowd please!
You guys have that big TV up there, is there even a panel to pop off? I'll have to take another look at a buddy's wife's rig...

You guys have that big TV up there, is there even a panel to pop off? I'll have to take another look at a buddy's wife's rig...
That started with the 2016+ I think. The 2015 looks like this, but I don't have the rig with me right now to see what's on top of the dash there.

IMG_1633.JPEG

Ok cool thanks for that link, those inserts are a different shape but the attachment method is totally the same, I am sure I could make a version for this dash. I need to get the 2016+ LC versions launched first then I can switch over to this one. Hoping for another set of prototypes by late next week on those, appreciate the interest!

How about room for a CarPlay screen in the speaker grill location? Pioneer has a unit where the display can be mounted separately from the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom