Builds Frog's 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you get your aircraft profile cutouts? Those are cool. I'd love to see them for the airframes I've worked.

Oh, and the 40 work is coming along nicely!
I have a buddy that makes them, I can send u his info. It's db Marvel's, he does some cool stuff

Engine is in, have to pull it, finish welding and paint frame. Any recommendations for a good paint for the frame?
IMG_20200621_111940351.jpg
IMG_20200621_112013920.jpg

After a little cussing, smashing knuckles a couple of times it's in. Always that one last bolt that fights you. Next step is to align axles with transfer case, order driveshafts, and start the plumbing and electrical. Should be easy they said...
IMG_20200630_091442862.jpg

Transfer case ended up 22.5 inches off the ground, and frame rails are just under 24

Trying to decide if I need a CV driveshaft for the rear. 32" from flange to flange, transfer case is 8.5 inches higher. Let me know what you guys think.
IMG_20200711_110813087.jpg

I think 32" is longer than a stock 40 shaft. As long as your flanges are parallel, a normal u-joint should be fine.

I think 32" is longer than a stock 40 shaft. As long as your flanges are parallel, a normal u-joint should be fine.
I'm leaning towards normal shaft for the rear, I will rotate the pinion down to make them parallel. Perches are not welded yet. Anyone else think I'm good with normal in the rear?

Well after talking with Jesse at high angle drive lines the angles call for a CV driveshaft at both sides. Ordered up and should receive them in a week or two

What clutch setup/slave and flywheel did you use with the AA bellhousing?
Center force 11 inch disk and pressure plate, stock slave, AA expensive flywheel for ls motors and their bellhousing

Just found this thread.... tires look awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom