Cruiser Head (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think just a seal between the radiator and the core support.

The seal is installed on the radiator...like this. This is a brand new Toyota rad.

IMG_20210305_174740.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a bracket to mount their phone to the left of the steering wheel. Like in the picture shown.
Im working on a bracket that requires no drilling/tapping into anything on the dash. I prefer to not permanently modify my FJ60

20210819_132837.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a bracket to mount their phone to the left of the steering wheel. Like in the picture shown.
Im working on a bracket that requires no drilling/tapping into anything on the dash. I prefer to not permanently modify my FJ60
I’d be interested in a mount.

I'd be interested. For me, the clincher would be getting it stable so it doesn't bounce when moving.

I'd be interested. Would it just be for left of the steering wheel or could it be mounted to the center vents as well?

I'd be interested. Would it just be for left of the steering wheel or could it be mounted to the center vents as well?
So how im designing it is to utilize the mounting points of the dash to the body of the FJ60. Both LHD and RHD FJ60's should be able to use multiple of these brackets. Ill post a design concept here soon

Last edited:

View attachment 2763785

I'm certainly curious. I have a suction-cup mount in that spot currently and like the location. Mine is from quad lock.

Each bracket as of now will be coming the ball mount attached.

FJ60's can mount 3 of these mounts on their dash.

I just put in the order for a small batch of brackets for testing. Will post updates as I get the stainless steel parts in. So far my plastic 3D printed piece fits great so woo.
20210819_192851.jpg

These will be listed here when they're ready for sale

Last edited:
Theres a tad bit more vibration than Id care for, I need to reinforce the sheet metal around the stud I'm using from the dash somehow.
Other than the vibration and my extension arm being slightly too short I like this thing alot!

Im thinking about trying to find a piece of really thin channel to go around the lip of the immediate mounting area. I shoulda took more pics to better show what I'm talking about.
20210825_173436.jpg

Edit, I just thunk up a way to make these that should reduce any vibration. Now to design it.

Last edited:
That is awesome!

I want!

Theres a tad bit more vibration than Id care for, I need to reinforce the sheet metal around the stud I'm using from the dash somehow.
Other than the vibration and my extension arm being slightly too short I like this thing alot!

Im thinking about trying to find a piece of really thin channel to go around the lip of the immediate mounting area. I shoulda took more pics to better show what I'm talking about.
View attachment 2769137

Edit, I just thunk up a way to make these that should reduce any vibration. Now to design it.
Looks like it is mounted I’m under the dash cap on the dash cap studs? Is that right.

Like the design better than the suction cup deal I have right now.

Looks like it is mounted I’m under the dash cap on the dash cap studs? Is that right.

Like the design better than the suction cup deal I have right now.
Exactly! The revision im working on now will be slightly more complex but it should eliminate all vibration. A suction cup mount will work fine but if your in TX and you have a registration sticker in the way, mounting something can get complicated quick and bulky. The area to the left of the dash is pretty compact and hard to find usable space.

Im hoping this version will be a space sensitive/ compact / sturdy alternative.

Going through a slight design change.
This new version will require an insulating pad to go between the RAM socket arm and the dash surface(not shown in picture). On my old design there would be excessive vibration as soon as anything was mounted to the RAM due to the FJ60's body metal being too thin. This new design is basically like a simple C-Clamp around the dash.

I will post progress as it happens!

Last edited:
Going through a slight design change.
This new version will require an insulating pad to go between the RAM socket arm and the dash surface(not shown in picture). On my old design there would be excessive vibration as soon as anything was mounted to the RAM due to the FJ60's body metal being too thin. This new design is basically like a simple C-Clamp around the dash.

The goal of this mount is to attach a GPS/Phone to the FJ60's Dash securely without permanently modifying the FJ60 (ie: Drilling holes in the dash). This mount will be more secure than a suction cup mount and allows for devices to be added to the left of the drivers instrument panel where a suction mount cant go (due to registration stickers.)

I will post progress as it happens!

View attachment 2770444
Will this work for those dashes that have the dash cap to cover the thousand oem dash cracks?

Each bracket as of now will be coming the ball mount attached.

FJ60's can mount 3 of these mounts on their dash.

I just put in the order for a small batch of brackets for testing. Will post updates as I get the stainless steel parts in. So far my plastic 3D printed piece fits great so woo.
View attachment 2763935View attachment 2764102

These will be listed here when they're ready for sale
I LOVE the ball mount. I installed a base on my dash pad and use it as a quasi heads-up display for my phone in landscape orientation. Works fantastic for my GPS speedometer app and Google Maps.

That bracket looks like the perfect solution for a 60 dash.

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to have a ram ball on the bezel somewhere instead of to the left of the instrument panel? I'm just interested in something iphone-sized there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom