DC TO DC BATTERY CHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s up guys/gals!

Anyways I purchased a battery isolator for my dual battery setup on my FJ62 through Amz. the battery will only power my fridge for about 2 to 3 hrs in eco mode after I turn off the vehicle. I’m thinking of upgrading my battery to lithium or Agm, lithium being the choice. However my question is should I buy and upgrade to a REDARC 1250D or a Renogy 40a? Is there a difference.

Please note, I don’t not have solar panels and I am not sure I will buy since I have attachments on my roof rack. I will consider an inverter for the future and I have been looking for a 2000w pure sine. In fact I found a renogy that I would consider.

All your help is always appreciated! Thanks

I've got a few years on my Renogy setup and it has worked flawlessly. DCDC charger, 1000w inverter and 100w portable solar panels with a 100aH lithium battery. They're doing a black friday sale deal right now, too.

I've got a few years on my Renogy setup and it has worked flawlessly. DCDC charger, 1000w inverter and 100w portable solar panels with a 100aH lithium battery. They're doing a black friday sale deal right now, too.
Ok so my aux batter is installed under the hood.
Currently my cheap isolated is also under the hood.. but this Renogy 40a charger cannot get wet, so where should I install it?

Help??

I had an ARB fridge and it pulled less than 30 amps running 24 hours. I was using just a regular group 27 wet cell battery.
I did have a solar panel to recharge each day, but regardless, it only drew 30A max per day on low thermostat setting. About 45°

Ok so my aux batter is installed under the hood.
Currently my cheap isolated is also under the hood.. but this Renogy 40a charger cannot get wet, so where should I install it?

Help??
Install it next to your fridge inside the cab. If you need to run long lengths of high power wire I would recommend using a MAXI fuse or other Slow Blow fuse variant. Always put the fuses as close to your battery as reasonably possible!

@CruiserTrash might have a better opinion in this field than I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom