Fj45 lwb lpb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where is your 45 coming from? A friend of mine left Huntsville about 2:00 this afternoon head up Hwy 72 east and saw a light colored 45 on a trailer heading towards Huntsville.

Where is your 45 coming from? A friend of mine left Huntsville about 2:00 this afternoon head up Hwy 72 east and saw a light colored 45 on a trailer heading towards Huntsville.
Florida to Tennessee. That’s right

She's home. We drove around the block a few times, but could tell fairly quickly powertrain attention is needed. There was a terrible sound when starting out that went away shifting into second and third. First binds a lot - like making it difficult to get moving. So, there's going to be immediate work to get her roadworthy. The engine sounds good, but the timing was off a bit. Set it and now no trouble starting. Here's a partial list of to-do items: replace tranny/tcase, front turn signals need replacement, rewire distributor, add metered gauges, change oil, replace turn signal mechanism at column, adjust brakes, replace window felts and rubber seals, and replace door seals. Guess I need to start a build page.

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

There is a possibility that I will have a solid driver’s floor from a 66FJ40 available soon. I should know by next week.

She's home. We drove around the block a few times, but could tell fairly quickly powertrain attention is needed. There was a terrible sound when starting out that went away shifting into second and third. First binds a lot - like making it difficult to get moving. So, there's going to be immediate work to get her roadworthy. The engine sounds good, but the timing was off a bit. Set it and now no trouble starting. Here's a partial list of to-do items: replace tranny/tcase, front turn signals need replacement, rewire distributor, add metered gauges, change oil, replace turn signal mechanism at column, adjust brakes, replace window felts and rubber seals, and replace door seals. Guess I need to start a build page.

View attachment 3170243

View attachment 3170244

View attachment 3170245

View attachment 3170246

View attachment 3170247
Nice truck! Congrats. Looks pretty complete. Just curious is the door and window also a 65? did 65/66 have that type of window vent instead of bug catchers?

Just leave the hole it's easy to push the beer cans out driving down the road that way.
I believe that is referred to as an ‘exit strategy.’ :lol:

wrt starting out sound, does the ebrake operate effectively? You might check that out, they can have that low speed starting out dragging sound if something is amiss.

Great rig. Lots of potential!

Good point Paul. I'll check into the ebrake. In addition to binding from a stop, it makes a tremendous racket that sounds like it's the tranny, but could be the ebrake I suppose. I checked the fluids and the tranny had a lot of metal in it too. I'm guessing at some point the tranny will need replacing, but I just want to get her on the road, so if the ebrake is what's responsible, I'll fix it and deal with the tranny/tcase later. We'll see.

the 3 finger cluch/preasure plate can chatter when releasing, if not used to it. it is not as smooth as the later clutches.

the trans and transfer, will go a long time with little maitenance as long as there is oil in them.

the 3 finger cluch/preasure plate can chatter when releasing, if not used to it. it is not as smooth as the later clutches.

the trans and transfer, will go a long time with little maitenance as long as there is oil in them.
Loose rear mounts are half the cause of the chatter.

Yeah, definitely not the clutch releasing. I've got that clutch in my 45 sb and had it in 55 before I swapped in an H41 and neither make much noise at all. This is a definite clunking noise. When I first drove it, I thought I lost a ujoint. It's loud and it's binding. I'll check the ebrake as the simplest solution. I believe it'll be the 3 speed tranny. It had gear oil and the tcase was down significantly, but the tranny had all the sparkly metal on my finger as I checked the oil level. Fortunately, I have a good 3 speed/tcase sitting in storage.

Sweet truck. Love the early ARB bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom