Fj45 lwb lpb list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm fairly certain that bumper had a snow plow mounted on it. It has tabs on the tubes of the bumper with holes for mounting something and we found long thick metal strap with a matching sized hole that I suppose connected the plow to the bumper.

Good point Paul. I'll check into the ebrake. In addition to binding from a stop, it makes a tremendous racket that sounds like it's the tranny, but could be the ebrake I suppose. I checked the fluids and the tranny had a lot of metal in it too. I'm guessing at some point the tranny will need replacing, but I just want to get her on the road, so if the ebrake is what's responsible, I'll fix it and deal with the tranny/tcase later. We'll see.
Mine was doing this and would suddenly engage when driving and sound horrible. I removed my parking brake for the time being and the problem stopped immediately

Well here we go… Inhales deep breath. Exhales….

Looks like this’ll be number 2 in line for oldest?

FJ45-20408
No brass tag
Originally purchased in Placerville, California and brought over to Fallon Nevada in 1968. Same family it’s whole life up until yesterday.

New owner and plan to keep this one.
-Joe Rawson
Morro Bay, California

D3317189-51D3-4C19-AD5B-B0B16811C03F.jpeg

08151958-B123-40D4-82AC-90FF42A0E134.jpeg

Just to conclude the discussion on my 45. The binding and noise were two different issues. Pulled the driveshaft early this morning and it would not slip back far enough to take off over the studs in the tcase hub, so had to pull it at the axle to get it off. Really, I could hardly move the yoke back at all. Inspected the ebrake and it looked great. Ran the truck in all the gears and first was really loud, so that's the noise. I cleaned all the grease out of the driveshaft yoke, drilled a small pinhole at the end of the yoke for air and grease to escape from, regreased teeth and was able to slide the yoke further down the shaft. Installed the driveshaft and now the yoke slides over the studs on the tcase hub while being bolted to the axle. So, the noise is first gear of the tranny, something's not right there. The binding was from a rear driveshaft that was filled with grease and too long. Time to start a build thread once I get out of the garage long enough.

Cheers,

Mike

August 1967 fj45
T-67
J.D. Corrow
Williamson, GA
Beautiful rig with patina, congrats mate!
What about these rims? Do they are Bandeirante (non split) rims?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom