FJ40 Color Code Chart (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A list of color codes and color names as found on off-road.com:

012 Cygnus White
113 Health Grey
309 Freeborn Red
414 Buffalo Brown
415 Pueblo Brown
416 Dune Beige
464 Beige
474 Dark Copper
611 Dark Green
621 Rustic Green (Dark)
622 Nebula Green
681 Green
808 Horizontal Blue
822 Royal Blue
854 Sky Blue
857 Nordic Blue

Of course, without the appropriate production years I can't add them to the chart.

031 Cygnus White from my 79.

That is cool as Sh!t chart.

www.coolcruisers.com has some more codes and years, not 100% sure if all are correct....

is freeborn red accurate for 71? I thought 72 and up? or did it show up in late 71?

Well, I combined three sources that all claimed to be experts.. and based on their individual claims I came up with that initial chart. There were several instances where one expert's information clashed with anothers. If someone can find out for sure I will make changes to the chart.

This page claims that Freeborn Red was from <71-84... not quite sure exactly what that means, but I interpret that as saying it was pre-1971 through 1984. Since it is not clear about HOW pre-1971, I simply started it at 1971.
http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/13-00.html

Does anyone know the color code for silver/pewter trim? having a diff. time locating!

Toyota ash grey metallic, it's in the FAQ.

I had a late 71 that was Freeborn Red.

Thanks Texx, I understand that is a similar color but not sure if that is what toyota used for earlier years. I,m going to the local paint supplier to have a small amount mixed. see how it turns out.

I have a -68 and ive compared it to the red colors found on the net and i am 99% sure that it is muleta red but mine is european so maybe we got that color before US? Otherwise you can start muleta on at least -68.

Nit-picky but it does matter to some....FJ40 was 1961+ not 1958+ common mislabel. ;)

FJ25 1958 to 1960. Colors were different too, find the chips and codes and I'll kiss you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom