FJ40 Color Code Chart (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

think I gave this too you before........if not.......here ya go, 1982 colors/codes 40/60, from Toyota
27210477.jpg

Capri Blue needs to be pushed back a year to '68. And if anybody finds a color code for the bezel for that year I'll appreciate it!

1968 colors
38650478.jpg

38650469.jpg

Thanks LP! No help with the bezel color though... :crybaby:

What are you doing up so early?

Wouldn't the bezel and the roof match?

I think so.......for the most part, some bezels are a bit more tan than the roof

Wouldn't the bezel and the roof match?

Ok... I've been to many paint places and searched for the "SHELL IVORY" T302 color and have had zero luck finding this color. From reading the MANY posts about bezels on mud and elsewhere the general concensus is that:

1. There were a few colors for the pre 71 bezels ranging from a tan to a very white color (and chrome too).

2. T302 Shell Ivory formula is lost to the ages.

3. As LP mentions, the top and bezel colors don't always match.

4. I've obsessed long enough regarding this color and am gonna match up the original roof color and heading out today to get a quart or two and paint the thing and be done with it! (I'll repaint my top as well. I also found out that the clips that retain the tire jacking stuff on the wheel well were also painted this white color.)

Since I can't take the roof to the paint store, I'm gonna go with my wifes choice using a color chip from Lowes and have the shop match it up.

top_color.jpg

Nit-picky but it does matter to some....FJ40 was 1961+ not 1958+ common mislabel. ;)

FJ25 1958 to 1960. Colors were different too, find the chips and codes and I'll kiss you. :beer:

Haha... maybe I will come across these colors someday. I changed the text in the chart to show the different chassis code. What engine was in the FJ25? What the FJ25 imported to the US?

Also, should I give the FJ25 its own chart? It would really be the 1st-generation if it was imported, and the FJ40 would be the 2nd-gen in the US.

What you've done looks great. I'd leave it in the first generation, imported to the US '58 to '60 in small quantities.

Engine Code: F, 3.9L

As far as we can tell colors were (no samples or codes known):
White
Red
Green
Grey

Thanks for the accuracy. :cheers:

Haha... maybe I will come across these colors someday. I changed the text in the chart to show the different chassis code. What engine was in the FJ25? What the FJ25 imported to the US?

Also, should I give the FJ25 its own chart? It would really be the 1st-generation if it was imported, and the FJ40 would be the 2nd-gen in the US.

Sometime in the past I was searching for stock colors for a 1980 40 and thought I'd found that 416 - Dune Beige was not an option in that year. I was planning on going with dune beige anyway but am now glad to see that you show it as available in 80. Wish I could remember where I saw that it wasn't though.

Maybe I will make your day..maybe you'll be pissed because you already bought your paint....but 302 Shell IVory is not completely dead yet. Go here:
https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bi...uestLogin&menuName=HUB_MENU&directAction=Home

click on "formula look up"
type in "302" in the code box
scroll and select toyota
click on "go"
click on the hyper link
click on any of the hyperlinks (A, L1, L2 etc...)

Formula is there !

or since it's your top paint it 031 or 033 and call it a day.

Ok... I've been to many paint places and searched for the "SHELL IVORY" T302 color and have had zero luck finding this color. From reading the MANY posts about bezels on mud and elsewhere the general concensus is that:

1. There were a few colors for the pre 71 bezels ranging from a tan to a very white color (and chrome too).

2. T302 Shell Ivory formula is lost to the ages.

3. As LP mentions, the top and bezel colors don't always match.

4. I've obsessed long enough regarding this color and am gonna match up the original roof color and heading out today to get a quart or two and paint the thing and be done with it! (I'll repaint my top as well. I also found out that the clips that retain the tire jacking stuff on the wheel well were also painted this white color.)

Since I can't take the roof to the paint store, I'm gonna go with my wifes choice using a color chip from Lowes and have the shop match it up.

top_color.jpg

Color Formula for Shell Ivory

Trekker: The formula used by Toyota USA for your color is listed in the Toyota Refinishing Guide used by the dealers in the Seventies. Toyota USA used Rinshed-Mason Products as their OEM colorists. R-M was owned at the time by the Inmont Corporation, later acquired by the huge conglomerate BASF, but it still exists as a paint-line today.The Guide only lists their acrylic paint formula(Alpha-Cryl), not one for their enamel. It states:Shell Ivory (Roof Color -- Land Cruiser) A-TO195.A competent paint shop should be able to mix this for you using the following base//setting formula:pNT-90 (their color thinner) = 100; AT-190 = 700; AT-174 = 848; AT-141 = 896; AT-179 = 900; AT-100 = 1000.Please be advised that this is a historical OEM formula from the Seventies.Hope this helps you and any others searching for the authentic OEM color........Bear.......

Trekker: The formula used by Toyota USA for your color is listed in the Toyota Refinishing Guide used by the dealers in the Seventies. Toyota USA used Rinshed-Mason Products as their OEM colorists. R-M was owned at the time by the Inmont Corporation, later acquired by the huge conglomerate BASF, but it still exists as a paint-line today.The Guide only lists their acrylic paint formula(Alpha-Cryl), not one for their enamel. It states:Shell Ivory (Roof Color -- Land Cruiser) A-TO195.A competent paint shop should be able to mix this for you using the following base//setting formula:pNT-90 (their color thinner) = 100; AT-190 = 700; AT-174 = 848; AT-141 = 896; AT-179 = 900; AT-100 = 1000.Please be advised that this is a historical OEM formula from the Seventies.Hope this helps you and any others searching for the authentic OEM color........Bear.......

All true except for BASF also lists formulas for 302 Shell Ivory in their Limco Paint Line. Limco is available in the following flavors...Limco 1- Synthetic Enamel, Limco 2- Acrylic Enamel, Limco 3- Urethane, Limco 4- Basecoat, Limco 5- Top Coat, Limco 7- Industrial Urethane. However, I am not a fan of shooting either of the enamels listed. While I am a big fan of RM paints in general, I was never so happy as the day Super Max went away. The link I provided above has the formulas for all the Limco lines as well. If you have any trouble, I can post them up here.

Does anyone know the color code for silver/pewter trim? having a diff. time locating!

I know this old but for the gauge panel, glove box and ash tray etc.:

The T1434 Metallic Gray does not come up in computers. My local paint supplier had a few numbers that came up that were close in sequence and where greys but no match.

The T145 Gray Metallic does come up and converts to:

PPG -Ash Gray Poly #33656
Sherwin Williams-Ash Grey Metallic #33327

The PPG and Sherwin Williams numbers in a cross reference, referenced back to each other.

My paint supplier made up a spray can for me while I waited for $20.00.
Yet to spray it though. Will do so later this week.

fj40 paint codes

FJ-40
113 Health Grey
414 Buffalo Brown
415 Pueblo Brown
611 Dark Green
622 Nebula Green
681 Green
808 Horizontal Blue
822 Royal Blue
"John Deere Green" - Code 681
Rustic Green, Code 621