Finally bought an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. After many years of looking at FJ's, I finally picked up a '76 that was for sale locally. It's by no means perfect, but it's a good place to start. I'm the 3rd owner and there have been a few mods done here and there. My intentions are to go back to stock with it but keeping the lift.

I look forward to talking with everyone and picking your brains.

20150328_185546.jpg

20150328_144208.jpg

20150328_144142.jpg

20150328_144237.jpg

Nice! Welcome to mud :flipoff2: (No offence meant, mud salute)

You're in woodys neck of the woods!

Nice looking truck... We don't see any 1/2 that nice in these parts.

Great purchase....you won't be disappointed with the product. Keep a good eye on your check book, these toys like to play in it! :flipoff2:

ob·ses·sion :smokin:
(əb-sĕsh′ən, ŏb-)
n.
1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

Welcome....You'll love it here. The inmates actually get to run the asylum!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

looks like a great project ... look out, they tend to take over your life, so to speak, lol ... enjoy and welcome ... :cheers:

Well, you're off to a great start: 1) your bezel is right side up 2) you provided enough pix to start us salivating, and most important 3) it's Olive Green!:cool:

Thanks everyone. It'll be a slow project. I wanted something that I could drive around while doing some of the restoration, and this one fit the bill. The main things I want to tackle first are getting rid of the "death wobble" by rebuilding the knuckles and replacing the tie rod ends and steering stabilizer since the drivers side knuckle seems a little loose and the others appear to be original. Then, fixing the rear of her since the owner took off the rear bumper that houses the tail lights and moved them onto the corners of the body. Would be nice to mae that all look original again

Looks great!

Is that an FM converter above the heater?

It is, but it didn't work so I removed it already. I'd like to put a stock looking FM radio in there to compliment the mono speaker in the glove box.

Well, you're off to a great start: 1) your bezel is right side up 2) you provided enough pix to start us salivating, and most important 3) it's Olive Green!:cool:

All very important indeed, especially #3. I wanted to repaint whatever I found that Olive Green color, so it worked out that the one I found was originally that color. Meant to be I guess.

Great find! It ain't perfect but not many of them are anymore. It runs so you can spend time cruisin' around dreaming about what all you want to do to it. Have fun and welcome to the madness that is Cruiserdom!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom