Fair price in used 8274 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDNs78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, what’s a fair price for a used Warn 8274 these days? Seems to be in decent shape. TIA.

what year is it?

Hard to determine w/o seeing it, but my thinking:

If it looks good, has good wire rope, has the fairlead AND actually runs both in/out I could see paying up to $700.

Deduct for each item not there...8274’s can easily be rebuilt for not much.

Hard to determine w/o seeing it, but my thinking:

If it looks good, has good wire rope, has the fairlead AND actually runs both in/out I could see paying up to $700.

Deduct for each item not there...8274’s can easily be rebuilt for not much.

^^^^^

Agree with all of this. 👍

Trying to find out the year and get some pics.
Rv

FF2383E4-E62E-4B41-9140-AD52F7768320.jpeg

Looks to be in good shape. Does it go in/out? Year is not all that important, but there is a visible code on the case. Go to the Warn site to decipher.

If all is good, offer what you feel comfortable with...but I’d still try to stick with $700 or less, but don’t pass up a good one just to save a buck or two. Sounds contradictory I know, but you know what I mean.

What's $400 to a guy with a Griot's Garage bucket. Offer him $600

Haven't looked lately, but when on the hunt I saw used 8274's $300 to $500. They get snatched quick at those prices. Our Canadian mud brother @Varty Yo is like a bloodhound w/used 8274's:p Maybe he'll give us his current market analysis. A grand seems way high for used and unknown.

Want ad here in Mud classifieds or on Craigs might be worth a shot.:meh:

Haven't looked lately, but when on the hunt I saw used 8274's $300 to $500. They get snatched quick at those prices. Our Canadian mud brother @Varty Yo is like a bloodhound w/used 8274's:p Maybe he'll give us his current market analysis. A grand seems way high for used and unknown.

@Varty Yo any advice.?

Thank you. It's one of those items I don't need but want so bad.

For Sale - (So Cal) Warn Model 5967 for sale

@3_puppies had an 8274 for sale a while ago. And he's a trusted mudder.

Here ya go. A mud Vendor. Brand Spankin' new 8274
F972EACC-A81B-45D0-97A1-14AAFEFD93E0.png

Well I never pay more then $300 per warn. Last 2 I got for $150 for both as a package. I have 4 functional on the shelf and 5 other ones in various states. Had no time this winter to restore any of them. Throw him a $600 offer

Well I never pay more then $300 per warn. Last 2 I got for $150 for both as a package. I have 4 functional on the shelf and 5 other ones in various states. Had no time this winter to restore any of them. Throw him a $600 offer
. Thanks. So what you are saying is don’t be in a hurry😃

. Thanks. So what you are saying is don’t be in a hurry😃

No i woulndt be in a big hurry! I mean ive just gotten lucky finding mine.

The market was $350-$500 for a good used one for a long time. Like FJ40s, most of them are overpriced these days, with the exception of the 8274-50, which is the newer version. I wouldn’t pay over $600 unless it’s immaculate. My $.02.
I bought the used Warn 8274 on my '76 FJ40 from a Pirate4X4 member in Flagstaff a little over 15 years ago. I picked it up on my way through town. IIRC I paid $350, and it came with a spare new Warn cable. Works great. I bought the almost new Warn 8274-50 on my '86 FJ60 from a MUD member about 5 years ago. I paid $1,300, including shipping.

i've been looking for a few years to find one with in a 2-3 hour drive, ended up dropping $900 on a rebuilt one new solenoids and break, controls, tried to get him down to the 700 range, but he wouldn't budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom