This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was contacted by @krice118 about making some LED hood pod mounts. I had some time this morning so I bent some brackets to get a feel for the location and height. I prefer the one on the right, but I think I'll drop it another 3/8-1/2". At that height the windshield to pod clearance/spacing will still be good.

These are 24W CREE pods.

Let me know if anyone else is interested in this.

J

View attachment 1391114 View attachment 1391115 View attachment 1391116 View attachment 1391117
I've been interested in a pair of ditch lights for a while now but no one else seems to carry them for the 100 series. I've thought a little about it and I like where you're going with the idea! Me personally, I would like the lights to be closer to the outside of the windshield (towards the mirrors & fender). However I do not have my truck right in front of me so I do not know if mounting a bracket in that location is realistic. Here are a couple ideas that's I like though.

ABC83823-96C5-45AB-B150-1D07C88D3DF0-5971-0000034E33C8D9D9_tmp.jpg

67CE651A-27B3-4CA3-832E-C56B964BE5A5-5971-0000034E4698D6DD_tmp.jpg

28D47324-0DD4-4B7F-95C6-6A298A40A6FD-5971-0000034E5DA83452_tmp.jpg

I've been interested in a pair of ditch lights for a while now but no one else seems to carry them for the 100 series. I've thought a little about it and I like where you're going with the idea! Me personally, I would like the lights to be closer to the outside of the windshield (towards the mirrors & fender). However I do not have my truck right in front of me so I do not know if mounting a bracket in that location is realistic. Here are a couple ideas that's I like though.

View attachment 1391138

View attachment 1391139

View attachment 1391140

I want the edge of the pod right at the hood opening and then dropped up to 1/2". Any further out and the pod will always be the first strike point. While not an issue for some guys, the ones in the wooded areas will always be at risk of damage.

The mounting bracket will have to be made to make ease of install for all. Right now, it is looking labor intensive or too large for my liking due to the material span to attach to existing bolt holes. I'll keep playing with it.

J

I was contacted by @krice118 about making some LED hood pod mounts. I had some time this morning so I bent some brackets to get a feel for the location and height. I prefer the one on the right, but I think I'll drop it another 3/8-1/2". At that height the windshield to pod clearance/spacing will still be good.

These are 24W CREE pods.

Let me know if anyone else is interested in this.

J

View attachment 1391114 View attachment 1391115 View attachment 1391116 View attachment 1391117
I like the ditch brackets and would definitely get a set. The Yodateq mirror-mount style is nice but, for those of us that live in areas with lots of low-hanging branches and narrow trails, the side-mirror location is totally exposed to trail damage. The edge of the hood/ base of the windshield, on the other hand, is easily protected with a set of limb risers. I agree that getting them as low and outboard as possible would be good, but definitely inboard of the fenders for me.

Also, any progress on that factory CB antenna mount kit you keep teasing us with ;)?

I like the ditch brackets and would definitely get a set. The Yodateq mirror-mount style is nice but, for those of us that live in areas with lots of low-hanging branches and narrow trails, the side-mirror location is totally exposed to trail damage. The edge of the hood/ base of the windshield, on the other hand, is easily protected with a set of limb risers. I agree that getting them as low and outboard as possible would be good, but definitely inboard of the fenders for me.

Also, any progress on that factory CB antenna mount kit you keep teasing us with ;)?

Not yet on the CB mounts. I'll try and get to it on the next couple of weekends. I only deal with R&D and requests on weekends aka my time.

J

Reactions: BEG
So, for the past 1-2 weeks I have been getting the dreaded CLICK when trying to start the 100. Never got it to start and the past 3 days it turns over and starts fine..

I have no doubt it is the starter/contacts, but could this be a bad ground or relay possibly as well or instead of?

I bought new gaskets and an OEM -84 rebuilt starter, just wondering if there could be more to this.

Jason

Is the symptom with the old starter or your "new" starter? If old then I doubt its the ground as the symptom is the tell tale start of starter contact failure. FWIW, it seems ... key word "seems" ... the first few clicks are warning signs. Then after you jump it a couple times the contacts perform reliably for a short period of time (probably from arcing & subsequent "cleaning" of the contacts apart of jumping ... dunno).

Is the symptom with the old starter or your "new" starter? If old then I doubt its the ground as the symptom is the tell tale start of starter contact failure. FWIW, it seems ... key word "seems" ... the first few clicks are warning signs. Then after you jump it a couple times the contacts perform reliably for a short period of time (probably from arcing & subsequent "cleaning" of the contacts apart of jumping ... dunno).

Dan,

Yes, still the old starter with the perfect operating conditions of late. I plan on doing the starter swap regardless, but curious if I should check other components as well or if others have found the same problem exists after a starter swap. I have no problem building new cables or buying a 50$ relay if it is needed. You know me and electrical....

Jason

Change your EFI fuse
Even though it may not look blown change it
Imwas having the same problems and talked to guy at my club rising sun )
Have not had. Problem in over a year

I guess it can get a film built up

Everyone who has a 100 should change theirs
Its a 20amp
Good luck

Starters are not fun on a 100 especially compared to a 40

I was offered a couple set of sample rear slide drawers from one of my Aussie vendors yesterday. I'll have to make side wings for the 60 series, but these may be available soon for the 60s...

I will be getting two sets of double rear drawers and wings for the 80, 100 and 200. The 100 set is going in Esme and the I will check fit in the 80 and 200...

Pretty excited to get these and check them out.

Jason

Pics are an 80 set-up...

9b4159a1-85a6-42bf-85ec-6755a18f0034.jpg
eec27c18-4d61-42d6-9fc0-676fdcf1edd5.jpg
5603573e-3bc0-4c68-ab7f-5fc829b5320a.jpg
2f230805-61ce-48fc-b0fe-19c6f4fdb5fa.jpg
top.jpg

Those are nice some of the better drawers aesthetically I have seen at least interested to hear what you think of the quality.

Titan? Those are interesting. Should be a nice price point

Those are nice some of the better drawers aesthetically I have seen at least interested to hear what you think of the quality.

I saw the Titans and was talking with my suspension guys a few days back about them and they steered me towards these. IMO, the look about the same. A little more expensive. But, these have more roller bearings, a better latch/lock on the upper slide and the top has a few different configurations (one side slide, no slide and full slide). I'll still look at the Titans when I go to Australia in a few weeks.

Plus, TD will let me combine shipping with these guys making the shipping a bit better on my LCL freight and I don't have a minimum order either. Makes it really nice not to have 20-40 of each drawer system taking up space.

Also, these are a NON badged drawer. So, I can add my logo with the stainless plates I have or leave them bare.

J

just installed my trail tailor roof rack today, everything fit perfect, i would post a picture but i couldn't figure it out. thank for a great product

just installed my trail tailor roof rack today, everything fit perfect, i would post a picture but i couldn't figure it out. thank for a great product

Glad it all fit up good for you! Hopefully you and D can come through and we can have a beer and dinner one day. Hope the snow is treating you well up there. We got 22" this week.

J

you bet, D is in florida right now i have been send him pics. all his parts at my shop. i thinking of poaching his TT tailgate storage lid :)

I was offered a couple set of sample rear slide drawers from one of my Aussie vendors yesterday. I'll have to make side wings for the 60 series, but these may be available soon for the 60s...

I will be getting two sets of double rear drawers and wings for the 80, 100 and 200. The 100 set is going in Esme and the I will check fit in the 80 and 200...

Pretty excited to get these and check them out.

Jason

Pics are an 80 set-up...

View attachment 1407069 View attachment 1407070 View attachment 1407071 View attachment 1407072 View attachment 1407073

Why not buy them direct from the source?

Alibaba Manufacturer Directory - Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters & Importers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom