Lower control arms uneven (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 👋

I have 2003 LC100 with 204k . Recently refreshed front end at local specialized Toyota shop :
New UCA ( nitro )
New LCA ( just bought new who control arm from Toyota and number 2 bushings)
Extended sway bar links
Diff bushings( already have diff drop installed)

As i put my car on the car lift to grease my shafts today , i noticed that left lower control arm is much lower than the right . Both sides from hub to fender read 21 3/4 “ , which confuses me even more.

Is this something to be concerned about ? Perhaps one of the LCAs wasn’t torqued at proper ride height , hence one is lower than the other .

Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you 😊

Hub to fender is same, but "ground to LCA is different? I'd measure a few different points to see if something's bent

Hub to fender is same, but "ground to LCA is different? I'd measure a few different points to see if something's bent
Will do, car is at the shop right now , getting wheel bearings done . Thank you for the suggestion.
How easy is it to bend LCA ? I definitely didnt hit anything or done any crazy off-roading

This is a riddle, right?

The answer is: One tire is under inflated. :rofl:

This is a riddle, right?

The answer is: One tire is under inflated. :rofl:
Hahahahaha, I wish , my guy .

Definitely not tires . I’m going to retorque my front end once I get the car back . Hopefully the neither LCAs are bent .

Do you have a picture? I have noticed something similar on mine, I am not sure what’s normal though.

Perhaps at the last alignment or when the LCAs were installed, they were clocked differently. The bushing is acting as a spring keeping the one side up. This is just a guess of course but we must always remember to tighten the bolts for all suspension parts once the truck is on the ground at ride height. Even professionals on an alignment stand can get this wrong if they only adjust one side into spec.

Perhaps at the last alignment or when the LCAs were installed, they were clocked differently. The bushing is acting as a spring keeping the one side up. This is just a guess of course but we must always remember to tighten the bolts for all suspension parts once the truck is on the ground at ride height. Even professionals on an alignment stand can get this wrong if they only adjust one side into spec.
thank you for your input. I think you are right. Previous mechanic installed my torsion bars backwards-- that was a lot of fun ;/

As i put my car on the car lift to grease my shafts today , i noticed that left lower control arm is much lower than the right . Both sides from hub to fender read 21 3/4 “ , which confuses me even more.
@MrPoopyPants What is your definition of a lower control arm?

Ok, cuz this talk about "clocking" and "Torsion bars" thought maybe you were talking about the torsion bar adjustment arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom