Icon Vehicle Dynamics Lower Rear Control Arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any experience with these?
Mine has been dismal.... a severe clunk when driving on anything other than smooth pavement. Pretty much from day one.
The mounting bolts, bushings and sleeves are well greased, the front frame mount brackets are trimmed for clearance and I've replaced the helm joints.
When I reinstall the OEM arms the clunk goes away.
Same result on TWO different vehicles.
I'm about to turn these beautiful, CNC-machined, billet aluminum, $1000 arms into yard art.

icon.jpg

What a bummer to hear -- they are beautiful -- I actually can't even find these anywhere.

Any experience with these?
Mine has been dismal.... a severe clunk when driving on anything other than smooth pavement. Pretty much from day one.
The mounting bolts, bushings and sleeves are well greased, the front frame mount brackets are trimmed for clearance and I've replaced the helm joints.
When I reinstall the OEM arms the clunk goes away.
Same result on TWO different vehicles.
I'm about to turn these beautiful, CNC-machined, billet aluminum, $1000 arms into yard art.

View attachment 3581735
Yup. I would sell them and get 7075 aluminum links from Wide Open Designs. Then do whatever ends you want. I have hiems on frame end and JJs on axle end. No clunks.
These are the only links I’ve never been able to bend.

IMG_3840.jpeg

What is the advantage of these aftermarket options?

What is the advantage of these aftermarket options?
Strength from the link so they don’t bend when they hit a rock and increased articulation if they have heim or JJ ends.
And adjustments to move the axle position or correct pinion angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom