Builds El Conquistador - The Spanish 61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2116213
The first sticker seems related to the Paris Dakar rally??. Famous and followed by many Spaniards. Landcruisers have won this rally. I think many stock LCs have finished. Owner must have been an enthusiast.

The Andorra dealer sticker suggests it was in.......wait for it...........Andorra:rimshot:. A hold out territory in the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain. Reportedly many in Andorra are Catalonians who revel in machismo. I could see LCs being popular with machismo. It may have done a stint up in the Pyrenees. Paris Dakar is all about machismo as well. This truck may have been driven by “the most interesting man in the world” type.

Beats me on the BJ71sticker.

Nice work CD! 👍🏼

Or.....the truck could have been owned by Quasimodo who liked hoarding Toyota stickers. Ahem....My source was Wikipedia :meh:

Last edited:
Jimmy is on a break

FED1DFDD-EBF4-4B15-A4DF-731B6A5D8178.jpeg

Monroy @fl4031003 and Ryan helped me put a new windshield, clean the interior and get it fired up today. Appreciate their help. And had a blast with Ryan doing 2400 miles in 3 days. We spent 15-16 hours a day in the cab of Fetcher. Absolutely hate IH-10 in Louisiana. Spent 90 minutes stuck in a traffic jam on a long ass bridge outside of Lafayette.

Sounds “good enough” 😂

Pics of the windshield or it did not happen.

Monroy @fl4031003 and Ryan helped me put a new windshield, clean the interior and get it fired up today. Appreciate their help. And had a blast with Ryan doing 2400 miles in 3 days. We spent 15-16 hours a day in the cab of Fetcher. Absolutely hate IH-10 in Louisiana. Spent 90 minutes stuck in a traffic jam on a long ass bridge outside of Lafayette.

Tell me about it! My wife and I commuted into New Orleans from Slidell on I-10 five days a week for 2-1/2 years. BTW, one of my co-workers got to deliver his own baby on the I-10 bridge west of Slidell :oops:. We were a little luckier with our second, he was born in the driveway at our house on a cold October night, but the paramedics were there in only two minutes, so they got to do the honors.

Last edited:
Sorry Ryan. I didn't get a chance to respond until now.

Other than the fact the tire is SP44, I can't see enough information to glean more info about the tire.

I have doubts that X088 is the build week/year but maybe things were done differently in Europe back in those days.

As for the wheel, I need some wheel markings, specifically the markings stamped into the wheel to provide more info. Usually a manufacturer logo/name with some alphanumeric text. If it doesn't have any of that, then most likely not even OEM.

It can look like this for example:

wheel marking.PNG

I attempted to reverse image search the wheel but no such luck. Must be a super rare rim.

Here is the image I used if you are an expert at that. (I am not)

cruiser wheel.PNG

Threw in a 4-speed and t-case I had laying around. This truck came with a mechanical T-case and the H55 I have is out of a JDM vac operated truck. I’ll put a new H55 in when I restore the truck. Monroy pointed out the truck had 16” wheels on the rear and 15’s on the front. Close to a half inch difference in total height. I talked to the PO and he confirmed they were running these wheels/tires through the mountains in Spain pulling an
2B685A96-F7A8-4FDA-ADBF-0D5FA6A36C3E.jpeg
airstream. Also, he was in 4WD and covered about 300 miles before the t-case exploded. So I threw this set of roller wheels/tires on that I had in the barn. Here’s my first run down the road. This thing scoots really good.

Nice Jim! Brakes are easy

I vote for keeping it white. I am biased though.

That was quick! Good work. Need to make a trip out there to see it one of these days.

Last edited:
I vote for keeping it white. I am biased though.
Good call Matt. It’s staying 045 which is the same white on the 80 series trucks. I’m not swaying too far from stock on this one when I rebuild it

Jimmy, what town did this one come from? Whitey just does not sound PC. We need to name it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom