What is the purpose of the last fitting just before the drivers windshield squirter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
My drivers windshield squirter is more just a dribbler and a stopper at the moment.

I disconnected and cleaned the metal squirter nozzle, but still nothing.

I think the problem is the fitting on the short hose going to the nozzle.. It appears to be full of a clear jelly stuff. Number 25 on this diagram.

1000000755.gif

Here it is in my hand

1000000754.jpg

I tried to fish a carb cleaning wire through and push it out but it's blocked in the middle.

The way I see it, it's either a check valve, or it's there to balance the flow between the nozzles, but I'm just trying to guess from what's going on.

When I click on the item on the sor
Page it takes me to a whole list of check valves, but I can't tell which is correct

How do I tell if it's working? Right now nothing flows either way..

How can I clean it, if I can't fish a wire through to get the goo out? I assume there is, a ball inside to make flow only 1,way blocking the goo? I assume to goo is from dried up washer fluid?

Is this the right valve? Cruiser teq lists just the one valve...

Windshield Washer Hose Valve - Fits 1980+ FJ40/FJ60/FJ80/FZJ80 Applications (WIPWASH30010) - https://cruiserteq.com/windshield-washer-hose-valve-fits-1980-fj40-fj60-fj80-fzj80-applications-wipwash30010/

Update, was able to blow the wad of goo out after scraping the wire around a ton. At first air flowed both ways, after a bit more cleaning air now just flows one way... Since it seems to be a check valve, I'll assume that's right and reinstall

Is there a, solvent that will clean out the remaining goo without killing the valve?

Can I replace the hose with silicone vac line? What Innner Diameter line do I need?

Thanks,

C-

Last edited:
probably a check valve to keep fluid close to the nozzle. Without a check valve, you’d have to run the pump for a while before any fluid came out as it would just be working to fill the lines again. There’s an identical one for the rear window sprayer as well.

That gooey stuff is probably only on one side. Off the top of my head I would spray something on the opposite side & then hit it with compressed air.

Maybe Simple Green, even carb cleaner?? EDIT: Vinegar would probably work also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom