Builds El Conquistador - The Spanish 61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CaptClose

SILVER Star
Threads
The truck is loaded, the flatbed is empty, and we are on our way to Florida to pickup Jimmy’s next build.

A left hand drive 88 HJ61

BC15ACB9-3821-49CE-BD1C-2ADB438F84FB.png

The plan for this is a a little different. A complete nut and bolt, frame-off restoration By @CenTXFJ60. Anyone that has seen his work, will know that this will be a pretty special Land Cruiser when it is completed.

The cool thing is that this build will be at the direction of the forum, or if a buyer steps in, their direction.

Color, options, wheels, tires... we will poll the forum for opinions on which direction to go. This should be fun.

let the game begin....

OK, here's a start:

For exterior color: Blue (8B2) - Jimmy's got that one nailed already

For wheels and tires: 70-Series Land Cruiser wheels with BFG LT235/85R16 ATs

For suspension: OME heavy front medium rear

For transmission/transfer case: H55f/FJ62 transfer case

Wait a minute, that sounds familiar.

1571871331181.png

BTW, I really like that name.

:popcorn:

First request. Drive it as is to Texas.

we are going to have to assess the truck, but I don’t think it’s quite road ready yet. We are on a tight turnaround, so may not be able to baseline it before we leave. The T-case is actually in a box 🤣

we are going to have to assess the truck, but I don’t think it’s quite road ready yet. We are on a tight turnaround, so may not be able to baseline it before we leave. The T-case is actually in a box 🤣

Ohhhh this is the one that doesn’t drive. Duh. The other one is the one you fools are going to drive down through California 😎

Ohhhh this is the one that doesn’t drive. Duh. The other one is the one you fools are going to drive down through California 😎

that’s the plan... hopefully that works out. I'm looking forward to that trip.

Travel update:

33D7E7DE-A069-418F-82A6-0CF437C38485.jpeg

We just passed the Welcome to Mississippi sign. We are in a rush, so that’s the best pic I could get 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sheesh. She's a big girl...

Have an itch.....knowing some of @CenTXFJ60 stash

Desire

1. Existing 12HT drive train
  2. Cable locked axles from the black rusty s***box left of the Sam Houston 80 ( you know, the one with its one ecosystem)
  3. Rear hatch from the Royse City blue 60
  4. Fj60 front clip from the @4Cruisers copper cruiser from Arizona (you know l, the one I stole the frame from?)
  5. Windshield from the Midland? tan 60
  6. Rear quarter panels from the white Amarillo free Cruiser
  7. H55 from the Hill Country?? brown BJ60 with a transmission input shaft from the grey FJ60 (where was this one from Jimmy?)
  8. Turbo seats from the Phoenix AZ Cruiser
  9. Headliner from the blue convertible FJ60 (you know, the one that has a Bedouin tent like feel). Jimmy, where did you get this one from? Afghanistan?? Just can’t keep up with the stash.
  10. The best steering wheel column of 12 you have as wall art in the barn
  11. Power steering and Booster from 40th series (where is this one from Jimmy...you know, the one that hit a tree, but the drunk kids still drove it and rolled it?
  12. Porch bumper and PTO from the Nanaimo high roof HJ61.
@CenTXFJ60 and @CaptClose, pls correct the names of cruisers I have missed. I know Jimmy has a special connection to his trucks by where he got them from.

Last edited:
All kidding aside. Jimmy does a mean build. No nonsense. Genuine as no other. Goes the extra mile. If ya considering a build, you are in good hands. I suggest participating in parts of build at the barn. It’s a magical place.

2F9EF2AF-E408-40D8-8CF4-309DAD224D9B.jpeg

BF3B4936-8111-4BAE-A345-A08926A1384B.jpeg

I immediately thought of Bob and Tom radio skit with this name.

Watch "I Am El Conquistador" on YouTube

Happy pickin boy's, watch out for the Skunk Ape while camping in the swamp.

Last edited:
While you were in Florida did you happen to pick up a Procol Harum CD with this song on it so you could listen to it non-stop on the drive home?

Have an itch.....knowing some of @CenTXFJ60 stash

Desire

1. Existing 12HT drive train
  2. Cable locked axles from the black rusty s***box left of the Sam Houston 80 ( you know, the one with its one ecosystem)
  3. Rear hatch from the Royse City blue 60
  4. Fj60 front clip from the @4Cruisers copper cruiser from Arizona (you know l, the one I stole the frame from?)
  5. Windshield from the Midland? tan 60
  6. Rear quarter panels from the white Amarillo free Cruiser
  7. H55 from the Hill Country?? brown BJ60 with a transmission input shaft from the grey FJ60 (where was this one from Jimmy?)
  8. Turbo seats from the Phoenix AZ Cruiser
  9. Headliner from the blue convertible FJ60 (you know, the one that has a Bedouin tent like feel). Jimmy, where did you get this one from? Afghanistan?? Just can’t keep up with the stash.
  10. The best steering wheel column of 12 you have as wall art in the barn
  11. Power steering and Booster from 40th series (where is this one from Jimmy...you know, the one that hit a tree, but the drunk kids still drove it and rolled it?
  12. Porch bumper and PTO from the Nanaimo high roof HJ61.
@CenTXFJ60 and @CaptClose, pls correct the names of cruisers I have missed. I know Jimmy has a special connection to his trucks by where he got them from.
This is great CD. What a memory you have and a very creative build recommendation. After spending the night at our second campsite somewhere outside of Pensacola I got a chance to take a closer look at the truck. Has some cool features the PO did not mention. The front turbo seats are sitting on suspension frames and the rear axle is a LSD. Also including some pics of the rear window stickers. Being the historian I thought you’d like the challenge of deciding the meaning behind them :).
6B4F805A-BCEB-4FC9-9B33-6CEB5550D33C.jpeg
2DF9F677-8D6B-474B-897E-1EF2C0585847.jpeg
FF2DBFF6-915D-4531-A5F1-CAF6B99F9882.jpeg
FAB19DCE-27EF-43DC-BC67-914E60EE2B90.jpeg
E8321732-B661-4FA7-9654-EE2670E8819D.jpeg

This is great CD. What a memory you have and a very creative build recommendation. After spending the night at our second campsite somewhere outside of Pensacola I got a chance to take a closer look at the truck. Has some cool features the PO did not mention. The front turbo seats are sitting on suspension frames and the rear axle is a LSD. Also including some pics of the rear window stickers. Being the historian I thought you’d like the challenge of deciding the meaning behind them :). View attachment 2116138

The first sticker seems related to the Paris Dakar rally??. Famous and followed by many Spaniards. Landcruisers have won this rally. I think many stock LCs have finished. Owner must have been an enthusiast.

The Andorra dealer sticker suggests it was in.......wait for it...........Andorra:rimshot:. A hold out territory in the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain. Reportedly many in Andorra are Catalonians who revel in machismo. I could see LCs being popular with machismo. It may have done a stint up in the Pyrenees. Paris Dakar is all about machismo as well. This truck may have been driven by “the most interesting man in the world” type.

Beats me on the BJ71sticker.

View attachment 2116139
View attachment 2116141View attachment 2116142View attachment 2116143

E7BA9D4B-104B-42F9-A7D9-42425E05C74C.jpeg

The first sticker seems related to the Paris Dakar rally??. Famous and followed by many Spaniards. Landcruisers have won this rally. I think many stock LCs have finished. Owner must have been an enthusiast.

The Andorra dealer sticker suggests it was in.......wait for it...........Andorra:rimshot:. A hold out territory in the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain. Reportedly many in Andorra are Catalonians who revel in machismo. I could see LCs being popular with machismo. It may have done a stint up in the Pyrenees. Paris Dakar is all about machismo as well. This truck may have been driven by “the most interesting man in the world” type.

Beats me on the BJ71sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom