Builds DUKE - 1993 HDJ80 / 1HD-T / 5-Speed / 3x Locked / LHD *A slow DIY build / resto* (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I knew you'd like it!
Next would be instant hot water and a diesel hydronic heater. 😀. Hot shower mid day with the sun drying you in the middle of the desert
is a game changer. You do have room I think between the frame rails and TC.

IMG_0751.jpeg

Next would be instant hot water and a diesel hydronic heater. 😀. Hot shower mid day with the sun drying you in the middle of the desert
is a game changer. You do have room I think between the frame rails and TC.

View attachment 3613476
Oh wow that is amazing... I think its inevitable for me. haha Ill pick your brain when the time comes.

Oh wow that is amazing... I think its inevitable for me. haha Ill pick your brain when the time comes.
It is fairly simple and parts are not terribly expensive. It’s great because you also run the heated coolant (195F) into a small radiator in the back of the truck inside the quarter panel and a small thermostatic controlled fan will heat up the cab and the tent. And… you have instant hot water for showers. This way you have no contamination of fumes. I also used an Espar 5KW and it heated my son’s sprinter van from 21F to 55F in 15 min. They spent a month skiing in the west including northern ID. They also ran heated floors with this heater.

This is a fantastic deal. I have a list of all the parts you need on top of this. It’s not much.

Hey Bryce, don’t hate me for getting you more projects. 😂

Water tank installed! Feels great to have 15 gallons of water stored hidden and low. The tank is baffles so no sloshing. I added some bushings to isolate the tank between the body and chassis. The pump and fill works great. Im planning to get a filtration system for the fill.

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

IMG_5238_VSCO.jpeg

I really like the flare deletes and the overall approach you are taking. Well done!

On the bull bar, how do you feel about it? I sometimes see them here and think about adding one. At the moment I am going with OEM bumper and winch. With all the rest of the work on your truck I am a little surprised not to see a winch. What are your thoughts on that?

I went with the Helton heater route, the water tank is mounted in the same location. I am currently using one water pump to circle the water through the heat exchanger, there is ball valve which closes the circuit going to the exchanger and directs it to the outlet.

I plan to use this water gauge:

I really like the flare deletes and the overall approach you are taking. Well done!

On the bull bar, how do you feel about it? I sometimes see them here and think about adding one. At the moment I am going with OEM bumper and winch. With all the rest of the work on your truck I am a little surprised not to see a winch. What are your thoughts on that?
I like the bull bar. it add more protection but the aluminum keeps it nice and lights still. I would like a winch, i just have never needed one so i have not pulled the trigger yet. This is more of a tourer and we keep it simple, but a winch would be nice someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom