Builds DUKE - 1993 HDJ80 / 1HD-T / 5-Speed / 3x Locked / LHD *A slow DIY build / resto* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Body work has begun to do a flare delete and spruce it up. It'll be nice to have the outside match the cleanliness of the rest of the truck!

The plan is to do a full PPF ARMR wrap in gloss metallic silver.

First thing i did was replace the passenger side front quarter panel. The panel that was on the truck was previous repaired and wasn't quite right. As luck would have it, I found the panel off of the same truck the drivers side was pulled from AND it already had a snorkel installed. Not just any snorkel, an old design safari... the only snorkel id care to run. I love the slimmer and boxier design.

I also started to pull all of the trim:

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3403.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3419.jpeg

While pulling the trim, i uncovered some pretty gnarly body rust. This is not something I'd want to tackle myself... time to look for a body shop.

IMG_3415.jpeg

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

More from American Eagle Auto Body. They filled all of the small holed with Bondo (They advised against welding to to warping the body from heat). They welded and patched the rust, and the primed the areas they worked on. I dropped it off Monday AM, it was ready for pickup Weds Mid day... insane!

IMG_0933.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

that looks real clean

did you do the wrap yourself? did you have turbo printed or decal?

I'm also planning on going w/ flare delete... will be filling holes, etc. Need to decide if I want to paint or wrap
I did not wrap it myself. Went to Sterling Customs in Denver, CO. Plenty of shops out there will do the PPF wrap, which is worth it. Looks just like paint.

I rebuilt the campteq bed platform this week. The playform that it came with was an old design exxentially made from thin z-channel aluminum and 1/2in plywood. With two Adults in the tent, it would bend quite a bit. The gap between the large section and small section was right under our lower back. Not ideal.

The new platform I made from pre-cut 8020 1in aluminum and a honeycomb board I scavenged from Super Pacific. Its lighter than the 1/2in ply but more importantly INSANELY stiff and strong.

While i had it all torn apart i figured I would build some overhead storage AND make the smaller section split. That way one person could get out without disturbing the other. I added the National Luna touch lights, soft handles, and a pin lockout.

Im so happy with the result!

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4870.jpeg

IMG_4910.jpeg

IMG_4926.jpeg

IMG_4927.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom