Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The dealer and SOR (if you're not in the US). Ebay comes to mind. If you buy used parts from a place in a humid/salty part of the US, you're going to find many of the parts are... rusty.

www.sor.com - Specter Off Road. Perhaps the largest and oldest/biggest retailer of LC parts in the US. $hipping prices are expen$ive, so watch yourself there (and they won't tell you in advance how much shipping costs...) But, they do sell things accurately as represented.

I ordered a rebuilt Steering box from them about a month ago for my FJ60. Came within 5 days of placing order with no issues.

I have done business with these clowns on a number of occasions. Overall, I have had an OK experience with new parts (they have pretty good prices on some stuff including the h55 i bought from them) but their used parts are terrible. I traded a motor and some other parts for a complete 80 series locking rear axle, only to receive one so rusty that im afraid the pumpkin might rust through. They are so close to me that I wish I could continue to do business with them but I am done. Also, almost all of the parts they list on their site, including oem toyota, are drop shipped. I ordered AHC globes and fluid for my 100 and they were drop shipped from ira toyota in MA.

I once ordered a used 80 series axle and this is how it showed up:
a little morning comedy

If anyone runs into an issue that they cannot resolve with a sales associate. Please email me directly: sales@cruiserparts.net / Put James somewhere in the subject line and your order number and I'll figure out whats up.

Yes, we sometimes take awhile to ship certain items as there are over 600 Land Cruisers on site to pull from and we have hundreds of orders. We also have a supply of Land Cruisers coming in every week. Sometimes your order is pulled immediately but due to the size, frailness and shipping methods the order gets hung in shipping. If your order doesn't specifically have a due by date then your order will get pulled during the normal course of business. We only attach a priority status to orders that are either express shipping or that have deadlines on them. But you have to be specific with your sales associate. If you order a bunch of random trim or interior parts then an order like that will be pulled to get the best parts and could take weeks. If you order a computer, relay or mechanical part that you are broken down with then you will be pulled sooner.

It's always fun getting online orders Wednesday night say 9pm with 2 day air on them and the customer expects to receive it on Friday but because it ships Thursday it arrives Monday. Half the people expected a Monday delivery. The other half expected Friday. Yes, that makes life interesting. But if you have a hard deadline we need to know what that is so we can see if its possible.

It is a balancing act between resources, your needs and what we can accomplish for hundreds of people at the same time.

To the people in this thread spanning the last several years and which are the exception rather then the rule. If you have an issue, email me. I don't care how long its been. I'll take care of it for you. If you had enough time to comment with a post saying how terrible we are but can't take a minute to email me about the issue you had. That is your fault. if you talked to some sales person that ticked you off but you don't tell me about it. I can't train them to handle it differently in the future. I can't be everywhere at once and I can't do everyone's job. But if they failed. Just tell me. Yes, it may take a few days to figure out. Parts supply chains, records, etc. all take time to break down and see what happened. People being involved always allows mistakes. But, how we handle those is how we should be judged.

As to a parts fitness for use, used parts are always subject to a persons perspective. Sometimes used parts look new. Sometimes new parts look used. This is especially true depending on storage length in a Toyota warehouse. Other times rust is a personal perspective. If a part is ever questioned by a customer i.e. rust issues. We always have the customer send pictures of there concern and we can evaluate the part. Sometimes that evaluation determines that the part is functional as intended and only has cosmetic issues which can be corrected. Other times we tell customer to toss and we will resend. Obviously rarity, fit and function are higher priority then a visual that you can clean or change with painting.

Sometimes a used part is out of stock and we offer you a new one as an upgrade. Sometimes new parts are discontinued or sold out and we will offer you a used part. We have days where 3-4 used air intake tubes will be sold. We only get one on each truck.... This happens with thousands of parts. You USA guys are not only competing among yourselves for parts that become rarer every single day. You are competing against a worldwide following that is consuming via accidents and restorations a finite supply of parts daily.

We try our best to get to every single phone call and email message received. But we have allot of people needing parts every single day. It's a fast environment for everyone on deck from 9am till 6 pm. So, please do not be offended we couldn't get to your request quickly.

As far as new parts, we carry over $200k of inventory on hand on any given day in our warehouses on site. This doesn't count the countless drop ship companies and individuals we partner with around the country. We in years past had some supply chain issues wherein a non usa part would take months to arrive. Mind you we had plenty of customers content to wait. But, we have since then tightened our worldwide partner suppliers and we can generally get parts for pretty much ANY Land Cruiser model within a week and shipped to you. So any diesel parts, 70 series, etc.

I hope everyone reading has a better understanding of life from our end and we are not a place with a thousand employees. We have 15 people that bust butt every day and we try our hardest to serve everyone.

Please do not message through ih8mud. If you need to get in contact with me then email me directly.

Thank you to all of our customers who post there positive experiences!!

Well Ill chime in with my experience. First off I was warned by a well respected member not to deal with them and if I do expect lots of excuses and delays.

I place my order with Rebekah Jeane on 8/30/17 and she tell me it will take a 7-10 days for the parts to be pulled and to ship.
I get a call from Rebekah on Sept 13 telling me one of the parts I ordered was not available, she tells me the rest of my order is ready to go so I tell her to ship and she tells me my order will ship THAT AFTERNOON. Never received a tracking but I do get an updated invoice that day. I ordered a complete axel so I figured it might be week or so to get.. On Sept 21 Rebekah calls me and says there is a problem with my order, my reply is WHAT?! you said my order was good to go and was shipping last week. Rebekah starts back pedalling and making excuses then hands the phone over to Corey who says she denies saying my order was shipping.. so essentially calling me a liar. Corey tells me that they will need to charge me $250 to swap the 3rd member to the gear I needed. At this point I am beyond pissed.. I tell him wouldnt it make more sense to sell me the other gear with the rest of my order?.. his way I am giving the one on the axel to them for free and paying $250 for it. So he agrees to add the extra gear and says my order will go out on Monday.... as you can guess, its Tuesday and nothing but crickets.

I get that a company is busy and once in a while orders get lost in the shuffle, but lies and excuses are not acceptable. When you mess up, OWN IT.. Had they called me and apologized from the start I wouldnt be posting this blast and nor would I be pissed off.

If you are as busy as you say you are Crusierparts, then you should hire more people and dedicate one to handling followup to your customers.

Seems to be par for the course. Similar to what I’ve experienced (mine to a lesser degree, but still..)

I finally got tracking info, hopefully all my parts are good.. Wanted a FJ40 for a long time and finally pulled the trigger, and its been a nightmare from the start. Seller of my rig was not honest, dealing with cruiser parts, dealing with three other vendors that dont return emails and two that took money and dont have parts and cant refund my money. Seems like FJ's attract lots of bad hombres...

I finally got tracking info, hopefully all my parts are good.. Wanted a FJ40 for a long time and finally pulled the trigger, and its been a nightmare from the start. Seller of my rig was not honest, dealing with cruiser parts, dealing with three other vendors that dont return emails and two that took money and dont have parts and cant refund my money. Seems like FJ's attract lots of bad hombres...
That is an interesting theory. My guess is it's the same with any vintage vehicle but who knows. Wonder what the Land Rover guys do, those things break all the time...
That said, Cruiserparts, is at best incompetent, at worst malicious scammers. Them going out of business can't happen soon enough.

If anyone runs into an issue that they cannot resolve with a sales associate. Please email me directly: sales@cruiserparts.net / Put James somewhere in the subject line and your order number and I'll figure out whats up.

Yes, we sometimes take awhile to ship certain items as there are over 600 Land Cruisers on site to pull from and we have hundreds of orders. We also have a supply of Land Cruisers coming in every week. Sometimes your order is pulled immediately but due to the size, frailness and shipping methods the order gets hung in shipping. If your order doesn't specifically have a due by date then your order will get pulled during the normal course of business. We only attach a priority status to orders that are either express shipping or that have deadlines on them. But you have to be specific with your sales associate. If you order a bunch of random trim or interior parts then an order like that will be pulled to get the best parts and could take weeks. If you order a computer, relay or mechanical part that you are broken down with then you will be pulled sooner.

It's always fun getting online orders Wednesday night say 9pm with 2 day air on them and the customer expects to receive it on Friday but because it ships Thursday it arrives Monday. Half the people expected a Monday delivery. The other half expected Friday. Yes, that makes life interesting. But if you have a hard deadline we need to know what that is so we can see if its possible.

It is a balancing act between resources, your needs and what we can accomplish for hundreds of people at the same time.

To the people in this thread spanning the last several years and which are the exception rather then the rule. If you have an issue, email me. I don't care how long its been. I'll take care of it for you. If you had enough time to comment with a post saying how terrible we are but can't take a minute to email me about the issue you had. That is your fault. if you talked to some sales person that ticked you off but you don't tell me about it. I can't train them to handle it differently in the future. I can't be everywhere at once and I can't do everyone's job. But if they failed. Just tell me. Yes, it may take a few days to figure out. Parts supply chains, records, etc. all take time to break down and see what happened. People being involved always allows mistakes. But, how we handle those is how we should be judged.

As to a parts fitness for use, used parts are always subject to a persons perspective. Sometimes used parts look new. Sometimes new parts look used. This is especially true depending on storage length in a Toyota warehouse. Other times rust is a personal perspective. If a part is ever questioned by a customer i.e. rust issues. We always have the customer send pictures of there concern and we can evaluate the part. Sometimes that evaluation determines that the part is functional as intended and only has cosmetic issues which can be corrected. Other times we tell customer to toss and we will resend. Obviously rarity, fit and function are higher priority then a visual that you can clean or change with painting.

Sometimes a used part is out of stock and we offer you a new one as an upgrade. Sometimes new parts are discontinued or sold out and we will offer you a used part. We have days where 3-4 used air intake tubes will be sold. We only get one on each truck.... This happens with thousands of parts. You USA guys are not only competing among yourselves for parts that become rarer every single day. You are competing against a worldwide following that is consuming via accidents and restorations a finite supply of parts daily.

We try our best to get to every single phone call and email message received. But we have allot of people needing parts every single day. It's a fast environment for everyone on deck from 9am till 6 pm. So, please do not be offended we couldn't get to your request quickly.

As far as new parts, we carry over $200k of inventory on hand on any given day in our warehouses on site. This doesn't count the countless drop ship companies and individuals we partner with around the country. We in years past had some supply chain issues wherein a non usa part would take months to arrive. Mind you we had plenty of customers content to wait. But, we have since then tightened our worldwide partner suppliers and we can generally get parts for pretty much ANY Land Cruiser model within a week and shipped to you. So any diesel parts, 70 series, etc.

I hope everyone reading has a better understanding of life from our end and we are not a place with a thousand employees. We have 15 people that bust butt every day and we try our hardest to serve everyone.

Please do not message through ih8mud. If you need to get in contact with me then email me directly.

Thank you to all of our customers who post there positive experiences!!

@bdyer12

If you ever want to buy from Cruiser Parts.net beware. Back in the early 2000's I would talk with James and he seemed like a decent guy. Since then i have gotten some things from them and was disappointed. Thus deciding not to by from the anymore. I have been looking everywhere for a ac brackets for my 12ht and with no luck. I broke down and gave them a call this morning. The lady on the phone was nice, I sent her a pic of what I needed. She said they had them used and in stock. She gave me a price which was high but i was ok with. She emailed me an official invoice and followed up with an invoice on pay-pal. I paid the invoice and thought everything was fine, contract complete ($250.00). 4 hours later I received a call and a email that stated:

"Hello,

I do have some bad news. The parts you ordered today and only available as part of a kit. The original kit is $1250. Since you only need these parts from that kit, it would be $750, but we are willing to cut you a deal at $500. Please let me know what you would like to do with this order.

Happy Trails!!
Rebekah Jeane
Sales Associate
Cruiser Parts LLC
12 LandCruiser Drive
Sullivan, NH 03445
603-847-9400
888-941-3450
shop.cruiserparts.net"

I followed up with a phone call to see if they saw a moral problem with this, the lady who processed the order said it was wrong for them to do this but it came strait from James himself and there was nothing she could do. None of the parts i was looking for or the kit mention is listed on the website. From a small business owners perspective this is fraud. Anyone planning on doing business with them beware.

also posted on my thread

I posted negatively on these guys back when the thread was just getting rolling. In fairness, had to go back to them recently for a few rare parts that I needed in a hurry. They got them to me in 2 days. Easy transaction, very satisfied.

But if you read the thread, just looks like inconsistent service overall. I don’t think they are scammers. I have dealt with one or two rude people on the phone though. Like somebody else said on here - running a business like this can’t be easy. I can excuse some delays and mistakes. But I also realize that some of the experiences people have written about are not at all good or excuseble.

So - mixed reviews but felt I needed to share a positive experience.

I recently ordered with them... Likely won't be ordering again unless my arm is twisted.

Here's how it went down: I ordered, recieved an invoice via email. waited ~9-10 business days, nothing. Finally get an email saying they needed 25$ more for shipping. Kinda stupid if you ask me that you don't have the ability to correctly calculate shipping, nor promply notify me within 2-3 days that you incorrectly billed me, nor even apologize/admit any fault. Paid the extra, and then waited an additional 5 business days, stuff arrived.

That might have been ok 10 years ago, but it's subpar for 2017.
Secondly, I can't stand bait and switch tactics, especially for such petty amounts. 25$ is such a small amount that you take it as a learning experience for your business, and tag the oversized/odd shaped items for individual Shipping.

Like others stated, parts are ok. Service is a big meh.

I had a go around over "new" fog lamp housings. Advertised as new, that means "not used, new", right? Well, what I got was clearly NOT new, and after several days of trying to reach them via calling and emailing, I finally got someone to answer the phone. After explaining my case, I was told that the was a "mistake" on the website, and that "new, not used" housings would be almost triple what I paid.
I was then told they would fix the site price to reflect the "correct" pricing. I have not purchased anything from them since, and don't plan on it, either.

I have been in the retail biz for a while, and once in a while you have to just suck it up and sell the customer what they thought they were getting at the price they saw/heard/read, because the bad press just isn't worth the few extra $$ you make.

Mixed bag i got my hatch glass for my 62 no problems, but fuel pressure reg was a POS, as well as the window regulator being shorted. I go to them as a last resort.

That is an interesting theory. My guess is it's the same with any vintage vehicle but who knows. Wonder what the Land Rover guys do, those things break all the time...
That said, Cruiserparts, is at best incompetent, at worst malicious scammers. Them going out of business can't happen soon enough.

We have some really great long standing vendors for new parts, and some amazing guys on the used side as well. Unfortunately we have the vultures as well that prey on the uninformed. Luckily they get outted on the forums just like you guys do here and generally don't last long.

Rovers aren't that bad if you stay up on the maintenance, been driving a Land Rover since 2002 and have rarely been let down.

FYI -

I had to make a trip down to @cruiserparts a few weeks ago to pick up some glass. As usual, I had great service and finally got to meet some of the crew in person. They are a smaller operation and pull parts from vehicles as orders come in. As you all may know, it takes patients to remove parts from these aged LCs and all the "used" parts they pulled were in very nice shape. They also had quite number of new parts for my Fj60 on-hand.

Again, I am only 2.5 hours from NH, so maybe that's why I haven't experienced the issues other MUD members are speaking about.

I have never had an issue with Cruiserparts. I think everyone expects Amazon.com next day delivery. These parts are not like ipod cases with 1,000s of them sitting in warehouses ready to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom