Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still hoping someone picks up the IP as part of the liquidation. I don't imagine anyone would seriously want the name or domain at this point.

I'm curious what the volume is for his items. I'm happy to CNC nuthuggers but not sure about the other items.

Reactions: CJK
A design is public knowledge after you release it without patent protection. Absolutely nothing in the witsend product lineup is patentable.

Trade secrets are IP. Joey made nothing. He farmed everything out. His trade secrets would amount to which shop he used or a fixture he paid for used to make the parts.

I only mention it so all the witsend customers out there understand any other business could make any of the products if they wanted to.

Bottom line for me is I'm not going to take someone else's ideas if theyre wanting to keep going. If they crash and burn and fail and let the products die, then I Absolutely will bring that product to market if it was a good one. If a good product has been abandoned anyone can make it.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation.

Haha I'm sure it was fun receiving that, as I'm sure you know marking it "refunded" on the website means nothing he needs to actually go into the merchant gateway to refund you, which of course he'll never do it's just for optics hoping you're an idiot.

The fact that people still defend this jackass around here and online will never stop being shocking to me.
Oh yeah, it was funny for sure. I already cut my losses and wrote it off long before i even got the email (or until any of this came to light). I gave up on that clown when weeks went by and never got that last order. Don't even remember what it was anyway.

And suddenly…after reading through 40 pages….it came to me……
All of you are at your “absolute-wits-end” with this Joey dude. I wont share my experience but I can take comfort in knowing I wont be called a “sweet summer child” by someone.

IMG_1419.png

Bummer, hope everyone owed money is able to get some or all of it back.
Love the optimism, but he had ample opportunity before it went this far...
We gave him more chances than he deserved and all we got in return was excuses and a total lack of accountability.
I've said it before, and at risk of being even MORE repetitive, All he had to do was communicate with us.
I liked Joey and I wanted to work through this, but when he made the decision to go silent and hide from all of us....
Nope.

I'm sorry Joey, but YOU did tbis.

If the website/domain could be purchased for a realistic price given the destroyed reputation I for one would consider buying it and supporting all the products as a direct manufacturer to user business. Keep the products available and rebuild the reputation over time.
I've been sourcing smaller 3D printed parts from both SolveFunction and BH3D Printing, fyi.
I had purchased a number of parts through W/E and didn't have any problems...BUT, those parts were sub $100 for every order.

If the website/domain could be purchased for a realistic price given the destroyed reputation I for one would consider buying it and supporting all the products as a direct manufacturer to user business. Keep the products available and rebuild the reputation over time.

You don't need the name, if you can replicate the products then you're all set. It's not as if people were buying based on his brand name or something. If you're talking in regards to traffic well it comes from 3 places, here, Facebook and word of mouth....the guy didn't even sell on 3rd party venues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom