Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

studawg

SILVER Star
Threads
Just curious....

Just curious....
Recently ordered some stuff and all was good. I even had to return something and talked them out of their 25% restocking fee, although the return was because they gave me some incorrect info.

Three or four purchases so far this year. One error on their part, which they addressed satisfactorily.

My gear is non- USA 70 series stuff. Deliveries take weeks and weeks, but they make that clear up front.

No complaints.

I've been dealing with them for several years. I've purchased many parts and also had returns, which they've accommodated without issues.
Mike D. has been my contact and has been nothing short of stellar.
In my experience, always been positive.

I had horr able dealings with those clowns. I made a very large purchase and they promised delivery in six weeks it took over 6 mo then they wanted more money befor they would send even though I pd in full. I called and made several requests to speak to the owner/ operator and he would not return any of my calls. You decide is that good customer service. And yes I save all emails in a folder and can back up my statements. It's been my experience that The staff there are poorly educated as to the products they sell. That likely why people posted above being ill advised as to their purchases. And now go else where and get parts from sources that actually know landcruisers. Ie. Cruiser outfitters, marks off-road etc.

Last edited:
Bought a later model gas tank via eBay and it was fine.I followed up with a quote request for additional parts and never heard back from them.

I bought alot of stuff from them for my 40 as I lived in Maine and it was easy ..... but since I've ordered stuff for my 80's in the past 5 years it's been a very mixed bag...to the point that unless they are the only vendor with something I'll pay more to buy it elsewhere...... utter opposite of someone like Slee or Beno who always adds extra insight and value to my dealings with them.....

I'm simple - make it easy and fun for my to spend money...... communication and product knowledge are crucial.....

E

Placed my first order with them last month. Ordered online, then called to confirm. Used rim and steering column cover. Start to delivery - less than two weeks. Packed well, no issues.

I bought a chunk of carpet out of a 93 supposedly, it took multiple emails to get it shipped, ($50 item) and then when I finally received it, it was wet, moldy/mossy-no joke and was a 1992 to 1980's color and then they wouldn't refund or take it back, didn't answer my emails and within a day or two of filing a claim with my CC company I suddenly received a full refund.
I wish I had done a search here on mud first..

I am completely with RS6tofj80 on this one. I have ordered from them about 4 times over the past several years and every single order was messed up in some way or another. Wrong part, never shipped, or took weeks to get here. Even had the customer service guy tell me that even though the water pump I ordered said it would fit my 3B, it might be different than what was in the picture and that I'd have to pay to ship the wrong part back. With a little more "discussion" they agreed to pay the return shipping and get the correct pump out to me. Four weeks later, Bessie was back on the road. I'd pay more and go elsewhere unless I am desperate.

I recently purchased a couple of JDM seat heater switches from them and they arrived 2 days later. No drama, and as advertised.

I called to order a bench seat for my fj45. They said they had it and I confirmed it was for the 45 and not the 40 because I was aware they were different. Order arrives and it is a set for the 40. Called back and they said I would have to pay the shipping and restock fee of 25%. Seems to me they screwed up and don't want to make good. Very disappointed.

I called to order a bench seat for my fj45. They said they had it and I confirmed it was for the 45 and not the 40 because I was aware they were different. Order arrives and it is a set for the 40. Called back and they said I would have to pay the shipping and restock fee of 25%. Seems to me they screwed up and don't want to make good. Very disappointed.

If they were the ones that screwed up, don't take "no" for an answer. They'll make good on it, but they like to play games first.

Ordered some small parts from them like 2 H55 shifter knobs and a 3B lower radiator hose.Knobs where ok,the hose was about 3" short from what I needed so I contacted them and got a reply from Michael stating that I could send it back and I would receive a new one........2 weeks later now I sended it back then got a reply from a different guy (zak?)to tell me that there was a restocking fee?I told him I agreed with Michael to just send me another one.

Well as of know they have my hose and my money :( lets see how this turns out

Joe

I ordered my ARB bumper, lights and some other gear from them a few months back. It was way more difficult than it should have been to get everything sorted, but they did make it right in the end. Whoever posted above about making it fun to spend my money...I would say cp.net misses the mark on that one!

I agree with a lot of the posts here. I ordered from them in the past without much issue. But recently their service has gone downhill. Im thinking they just can't keep up with demand. A few years ago I ordered some 40 parts and when they came, their condition left a little to be desired. Now I like to see pics of the stuff I am ordering if its old items and thats like pulling teeth.

I recently was trying to get a front passenger side mudflap for an LX450, which are painted beige. I scoured the internet and called dealers all around the country and was told its NLA. So I called CP and they said they could get one. "I said are you sure? Everyone else is telling me its NLA." They assured me they could get one. Well a couple of weeks go by and I have to call them to see whats up. Get put on hold then they come back and say they can't get it, its NLA. No s#!t. I knew that a few weeks ago and told you as much. So I tell them to send me the LC flap which I then had to get painted. I was charged for the LX flap which is like $25 more. I had ordered some other parts and had to get the order split up just so I could get them while I was waiting for the nonexistent LX mudflap. The whole experience was a PITA.

Now I'm looking for a 40 series spare tire carrier, and asked if someone can send me a pic of what they are going to sell me. They say they can't do that until I order it. All I'm asking is that someone walk out there and take a cellphone pic of the thing and text it to me. I really just wanted to know what color it was, and they can't even tell me what color it is until I order the part and they pull it. It just doesn't make any sense. The part was overpriced anyway.

They seem like good people, and hopefully they will get their s#!t together. These days there are a lot of other competitors selling LC parts.

Then on top of it all, you see the charge on the receipt for "environment and fuel fees". What on earth is that?

I wouldn't buy anything from anyone without some sort of pic or such to make sure of what I'm getting--Have not had any bad exp w/CP lately-ordered from them before and got the parts I was looking for(they are one of the VERY few cos. that will ship glass)--yea they are slow sometimes--if you can actually get someone there on the phone, you can usually get what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom