Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have tried calling them for parts availability, and thier quick email option. Either way no response.
Sucks they are 1 small state away, the completion who is far away is quick to respond!

I put my Y pipe and cat in today. Wow Y pipe does not line up, had to be cut and re-welded, and exhaust flange does not seat for a tight seal.

So because of s***ty quality I need to go to the junk yard and cut the top of a Y out and weld it in. So much for replacing everything and doing it right.

Having issues with cruiserparts right now. I emailed them to ask if they have new Aisin 80 series hubs in stock, they said yes. They sent me an invoice and I paid via Paypal. After paying, they emailed me and said that they only had one Aisin hub in stock and it will take two weeks to get more. It's been two weeks now, I've sent three emails to follow up on my order and not a single response.

Having issues with cruiserparts right now. I emailed them to ask if they have new Aisin 80 series hubs in stock, they said yes. They sent me an invoice and I paid via Paypal. After paying, they emailed me and said that they only had one Aisin hub in stock and it will take two weeks to get more. It's been two weeks now, I've sent three emails to follow up on my order and not a single response.
I ordered $3,000 in body parts for my BJ74 a couple months ago and never heard from them again. Lately they haven't been answering their phones and haven't been responsive. When I did reach them, I asked them if they were going out of business. They said no... Go figure.

Bad experiences with that outfit. I don't trust them because the business is not run in a honest trustworthy way.

Finally got the hubs I ordered. Can't believe they screwed up my order. Check it out:

IMG_7948.jpg

They sent me a mismatched pair! Then when I emailed them, this is all they had to say:

IMG_7968.jpeg

Not even an offer to send it back and replace with the correct one. What kind of customer service is that? They shipped the wrong item and they expect the customer to be okay with that? Needless to say, I will never order anything from them ever again. Buyer beweare. Stay away from these guys!

Last edited:
I ordered a '94 steering column cover online Sunday evening from CruiserParts.net, and I was starting to get a little nervous since I hadn't seen any email confirming in stock or a shipping notification, just "Order Received." So I came here and found this thread. Uh-oh.

No worries, though, I got a shipping notification as I was reading this thread, part should be here Friday. I'll update if it's the wrong part:)

Disputing a purchase using your credit card company is the best way to deal with them. Just make sure you have your facts straight and you read all the fine print and item descriptions. An item that is not as described is a valid reason for a dispute

they advertised a new part sent used POS completely rusty useless part..

Not worth returning just rakced it up to SCAMMER

I ordered a FSM about 3-4 weeks ago. I didn't get an email with a tracking number until a week ago. It says something on their site about 2-3 weeks, I'm assuming they're pulling parts for certain items or having to find them some way if their inventory is off. I haven't received the FSM yet, but that's going to be a dispute with UPS and not Cruiserparts.net.

I'm still hesitant to order, given all of these experiences.

So where do I get a FSM for my LX now? I want the manual, not a printed version online. I'll just keep looking. :frown:

ok so I ordered an intake hose from them. There was an option for a used part and since I'm a cheapa$$ I did it. They emailed me Monday morning to say the used option wasn't actually available, and that I'd have to pay $40 more for a new one or get a refund. I opted to pay for the new one since it was a pretty good price still. They then had it shipped out within a few hours. So while it was lame they said they had a used one available when they actually didn't I found them to be responsive and accommodating.

tl;dr ordered used part, ended up not being available, they had new part shipped out quick

Bought a used windshield from them about 2mo. ago. after a half a dozen emails and just as many phone calls the part showed up. It is in good shape and the price was decent but man what a hassle.

I give them a positive. They sourced me the correct 2 color heat knob after waiting a week or so. i think they may be slow sometimes really really slow...and sometimes unclear but they can get hard to find stuff at good prices and seem to come through and makes things right in the end.

Ordered parts from them and was charged immediately. Over the next nine days I contacted them four times to ask why my parts hadn't shipped yet even though I'd paid for them, each time I was given a different answer. The woman with whom I spoke hung up on me once and was generally not what one would expect from someone in a customer service role! I needed the parts in a timely manner so on my fourth try I asked to cancel the order and placed it with a regular Toyota parts website (which actually ended up being cheaper...). I had to then contact them another six times before my funds were refunded, which also took another eight days. So 17 days, 10 points of contact to get no parts and my money refunded. I don't believe these guys are malicious or scammers, they just run a business that seems to be very poorly organized and have no idea how to manage their inventory. That said, I don't think I'll be giving my business again...

I bought some stuff from them a few years ago for my 80 series and will never buy from them again. Charged the day after phone order took 8 months to get a few bolts.

They got 99% of my order shipped in about 10 day. Ordered about ten new and used items. I asked about 10 questions to their customer service pre order, and they answered them all.

Two of the parts I ordered used (Jack hook and Jack extension) showed up brand new. I double checked to make sure that I wasn't charge the new price.

Now that pesky 1%. Ordered a slee jumper harness. They said would be drop shipped from slee, and slee is showing out of stock, so not exactly their fault, but I had to figure that out on my own vs them letting me know.

Not Amazon, but not a scam.

That said, having just visiting Spector Off Road in person...and meeting those awesome folks. I might try them next time.

Bought a few things from them. Service is not the best for sure, calls and emails go ignored or unreturned for the most part. Had an issue with a set of "new" fog lamps, they advertised them as new for $90 each, so I ordered them. Got 2 used lamps, and one was broken. Called, actually got a real person on the line. Was told that the price for a new lamp was $143 each, and that I'd been charged for used, so that's what I got. I explained that their website clearly showed "new lamps" for $90. And what's up with the broken one??? So they ended up send me another non broken used, but took a while.
Ordered a used lumbar motor, expecting to get just the motor. Got the whole enchilada, motor, wiring, paddle, and rod for $75. Again, took a couple weeks to get, no email with tracking number or anything like that, but I did get more than expected and it works good.
So, seems pretty hit and miss to me. I think if they worked at better service, they could corner a lot of the market...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom