Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have never had an issue with Cruiserparts. I think everyone expects Amazon.com next day delivery. These parts are not like ipod cases with 1,000s of them sitting in warehouses ready to ship.
Not my case at all. I ordered a new item and they misled me from the start. They are fine to deal with if they are getting their way otherwise they are complete dicks. Upfront disclosure, good communication, prompt shipping, that's all I expect (especially for premium prices) . I got none of it. It's 2017, not 1977, no excuses.

Just had a problem with them recently on a wiper reservoir. No way in the world it would work because it actually had holes and cracks. Then the charge you to restock something that should not have ever been sold in the first place. I will look elsewhere for parts.

Been a while since I posted here...but lesson learned. I would rather buy a higher priced item somewhere else than deal with those guys. While I'm still a bit annoyed by cruiser outfitters due to a customer service issue I will still be a customer and still feel for them after these jerks stole a bunch of photos/descriptions from them. Just a bad comapny all around.

Ok James I’ve now emailed
If anyone runs into an issue that they cannot resolve with a sales associate. Please email me directly: sales@cruiserparts.net / Put James somewhere in the subject line and your order number and I'll figure out whats up.

Yes, we sometimes take awhile to ship certain items as there are over 600 Land Cruisers on site to pull from and we have hundreds of orders. We also have a supply of Land Cruisers coming in every week. Sometimes your order is pulled immediately but due to the size, frailness and shipping methods the order gets hung in shipping. If your order doesn't specifically have a due by date then your order will get pulled during the normal course of business. We only attach a priority status to orders that are either express shipping or that have deadlines on them. But you have to be specific with your sales associate. If you order a bunch of random trim or interior parts then an order like that will be pulled to get the best parts and could take weeks. If you order a computer, relay or mechanical part that you are broken down with then you will be pulled sooner.

It's always fun getting online orders Wednesday night say 9pm with 2 day air on them and the customer expects to receive it on Friday but because it ships Thursday it arrives Monday. Half the people expected a Monday delivery. The other half expected Friday. Yes, that makes life interesting. But if you have a hard deadline we need to know what that is so we can see if its possible.

It is a balancing act between resources, your needs and what we can accomplish for hundreds of people at the same time.

To the people in this thread spanning the last several years and which are the exception rather then the rule. If you have an issue, email me. I don't care how long its been. I'll take care of it for you. If you had enough time to comment with a post saying how terrible we are but can't take a minute to email me about the issue you had. That is your fault. if you talked to some sales person that ticked you off but you don't tell me about it. I can't train them to handle it differently in the future. I can't be everywhere at once and I can't do everyone's job. But if they failed. Just tell me. Yes, it may take a few days to figure out. Parts supply chains, records, etc. all take time to break down and see what happened. People being involved always allows mistakes. But, how we handle those is how we should be judged.

As to a parts fitness for use, used parts are always subject to a persons perspective. Sometimes used parts look new. Sometimes new parts look used. This is especially true depending on storage length in a Toyota warehouse. Other times rust is a personal perspective. If a part is ever questioned by a customer i.e. rust issues. We always have the customer send pictures of there concern and we can evaluate the part. Sometimes that evaluation determines that the part is functional as intended and only has cosmetic issues which can be corrected. Other times we tell customer to toss and we will resend. Obviously rarity, fit and function are higher priority then a visual that you can clean or change with painting.

Sometimes a used part is out of stock and we offer you a new one as an upgrade. Sometimes new parts are discontinued or sold out and we will offer you a used part. We have days where 3-4 used air intake tubes will be sold. We only get one on each truck.... This happens with thousands of parts. You USA guys are not only competing among yourselves for parts that become rarer every single day. You are competing against a worldwide following that is consuming via accidents and restorations a finite supply of parts daily.

We try our best to get to every single phone call and email message received. But we have allot of people needing parts every single day. It's a fast environment for everyone on deck from 9am till 6 pm. So, please do not be offended we couldn't get to your request quickly.

As far as new parts, we carry over $200k of inventory on hand on any given day in our warehouses on site. This doesn't count the countless drop ship companies and individuals we partner with around the country. We in years past had some supply chain issues wherein a non usa part would take months to arrive. Mind you we had plenty of customers content to wait. But, we have since then tightened our worldwide partner suppliers and we can generally get parts for pretty much ANY Land Cruiser model within a week and shipped to you. So any diesel parts, 70 series, etc.

I hope everyone reading has a better understanding of life from our end and we are not a place with a thousand employees. We have 15 people that bust butt every day and we try our hardest to serve everyone.

Please do not message through ih8mud. If you need to get in contact with me then email me directly.

Thank you to all of our customers who post there positive experiences!!
Okay James I’ve now sent 3 emails titled “James” and still no response?! You still have not sent the radio I’ve ordered and paid for and the “bondo free” doors that Bill claimed to be perfect are flaking bondo off?!?!?! I’ve been civil and patient this whole time but enough is enough!!! Please contact me immediately!!

now the guys are stealing Slee's info and pictures too...
slee poached.png

Stealing???? Actually they sell a lot of Slee products. Where is the the problem?

Slee Off Road : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
The problem is not necessarily that they don't disclose that they are Slee products, it's that they give the appearance that they have them in stock, which is not true and they just order them from Slee and drop ship them. There is no reason to use them when you can get them from Slee cheaper and probably faster, and without danger of their asinine restocking fee.

The problem is not necessarily that they don't disclose that they are Slee products, it's that they give the appearance that they have them in stock, which is not true and they just order them from Slee and drop ship them. There is no reason to use them when you can get them from Slee cheaper and probably faster, and without danger of their asinine restocking fee.

I buy a LOT of stuff on line (read daily) and a HUGE percentage is drop shipped its the way eCommerce is done today. Since Oct of 2008 very few on line retailer stock anything.

Hate Cruiserparts all you want but they appear to be 100% open about there Slee products. Contact Slee Im sure they are happy that CruiserParts.net sells there products. Revenue is revenue.

I buy a LOT of stuff on line (read daily) and a HUGE percentage is drop shipped its the way eCommerce is done today. Since Oct of 2008 very few on line retailer stock anything.

Hate Cruiserparts all you want but they appear to be 100% open about there Slee products. Contact Slee Im sure they are happy that CruiserParts.net sells there products. Revenue is revenue.

Maybe Slee could confirm that he is happy with them selling the products, but in the case of something like a second battery tray, Cruiserparts charges $149, while Slee themselves charge $15 less. Tell me again why anyone should use Cruiserparts who charges over 10% more for slower ordering (because they are a middleman) and crappy customer service?

Maybe Slee could confirm that he is happy with them selling the products, but in the case of something like a second battery tray, Cruiserparts charges $149, while Slee themselves charge $15 less. Tell me again why anyone should use Cruiserparts who charges over 10% more for slower ordering (because they are a middleman) and crappy customer service?

If Slee is unhappy with cruiserparts selling their products, they’ll discontinue using them as a businesss partner. There are a lot of reasons not to like cruiserparts - this isn’t one of them. Let it go.

Noticed this thread is newer than the one I posted on. Copying here as an FYI:

I just wanted to chime in and report these guys are still up to these same dirty tricks. The shop I am using to get the A/C in my LX450 fixed ordered a blend door actuator from cruiserparts. On their website they advertise having NEW OEM stock of this part. Once my shop ordered from them it took 9 days for the part to arrive. It was definitely not new, covered in RUST and was literally rolled in cardboard and wrapped up with packing tape. My shop tested the part and sure enough it was not functional. They are now in that situation where no one from cruiserparts is returning emails or calls. I STRONGLY recommend staying away from these guys. I also vote that they should be removed from the sponsor list. Very disappointed in them. I had hoped they had gotten their act together.

I ordered Ironman shocks through them as they beat iron mans website by $100 for a pair.

Ordered on a Thursday. Received on Tuesday.
Works for me. Thanks Cruiserparts

I bought a rear wiper replacement arm/blade from cruiserparts but it was rusted and not disclosed.
*unfortunate. I didn’t bother to attempt a return, but will look elsewhere when I need something.

wow, I'm definitely staying away. So glad someone did a thread on this before I was about to sink 600 on a steering wheel. I can imagine getting the core charge back, or even getting my delivery would have been fun times. thanks again everyone for posting. consensus wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom