Cruiser Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@c2dfj45

Yes we can replace the 150lb struts in place of stronger 185lb ones if requested. On the checkout page there's a small box for order notes where you can request a change there or just PM me here on mud, Instagram, or email me via my contact link with your order number and I'll see to it that the change is made.

And of course if anyone has any issues with anything I offer on my website I will do everything I can to make things right. I believe in this idea of risk free shopping, Life is already too complicated IMO.

Hey Chase, just something to keep in mind, the higher you go on the stronger hood struts, the more it pushes up the hood when its closed and locked down. My struts are mounted on the inner fender and the hood but i only use 2 100 lb struts and it pushes my hood up and creates a little gap at the cowl. Since yours are mounted on the firewall it might fix this issue, but going too high on the struts might be something to watch for

So, about those 62 USB chargers... ;)
BTW, how is the bird?
Still working on orders for the FJ60 chargers, The FJ62 chargers are coming before the trailer harness. They're mostly done Im just working on how they attach to the bezel now.

The bird is doing great! Its definatley getting stronger, It YELLS when its hungry and we've been fattening it up, its living in luxery with a soft clean towel and cool AC haha

Hey Chase, just something to keep in mind, the higher you go on the stronger hood struts, the more it pushes up the hood when its closed and locked down. My struts are mounted on the inner fender and the hood but i only use 2 100 lb struts and it pushes my hood up and creates a little gap at the cowl. Since yours are mounted on the firewall it might fix this issue, but going too high on the struts might be something to watch for
@c2dfj45

Zero issue with the 185s vs the 150s and the way our hood strut kit affects the hood's position. I have been playing around with 185s for a while on my personal 60 and other than the hood opening up a bit more quickly, I don't see any change in anything else. The 150s lifted my hood just fine(sound dampened) but we have a 62 that didn't like the 150s(sound deadened the exact same way as my truck). 150s on the stock hood are no issue. Will be nice to get some feedback now that more kits are in the field.

If your still waiting on your USB charger there's a 80% chance the wiring harness for that charger is in this picture, Ive been working on these nearly all day.... I have several harnesses laid out in boxes with shipping info not in this picture waiting on the next step of the manufacturing process and for me to solder it all together. Its been nonstop! I cut every wire, crimp every plug connection... literally this entire product is custom. Next is developing FJ62 USB chargers housing then its the trailer Plug and play harness. Thank you for your patience if you've placed an order! They are coming!!!

Harness.jpg

I’m going to end up ordering so much stuff from you…

I’m interested in a plain 4 plug trailer harness. I don’t want to tow anything heavy enough to require a brake controller.

If the 62 USB outlet could fit/reach into the blank below the stereo it would work perfectly with an ashtray-delete cubby 😉

The trailer harness is so far a great success. Pre-orders will post up soon for 15% off listing price to fund bulk supply.
So far for installation there is absolutely no wire work needed from the user. its 100% plug and play, absolutely no crimp connectors either. To install this you need a Phillips screw driver, a door panel clip remover (For the rear cargo panels), and the ability to get up off the floor for when you feed wire under the truck, and a socket for the battery terminal. If you have trailer brakes then heat shrink solder sleeves will be included for an ultra reliable connection to your brake controller.

This kit is made for you purists who wouldn't dare cut into your ultra clean FJ60 Wire harness. With factory connectors this is a total Plug and Play system that is 100% reversible and will leave no trace to your museum quality FJ60. Using only high quality Curt trailer wiring components you'll leave the guess work in trailer wiring behind. You can tow knowing the wiring was done right and will work right every time. I dont dare use that cheap audio grade wire they sell at your local auto parts store in my kits, all my trailer wire harness's are made with Engine Bay GXL High Temperature wiring making for an ultra durable and ultra safe system.

I'm extremely satisfied with how easy these are to install, Here's a video of a trailer being powered with my harness.

FJ62 USB Chargers are up for Pre Order. Im only announcing this on Mud so get ahead in line while you can. Preorders will be 15% off final listing price until production officially starts. I plan to have these shipped out around July 25th - August 15th. These are the same story as the FJ60 Plugs, These are 100% plug and play and come with all the same features as the FJ60's USB charger where they turn on and off with they key and are backlit controlled via your headlight switch. Product is in testing now!

Last edited:
ordered!!

i still have a custom printing idea i could use your help with but having some other more urgent cruiser issues at the moment ☹️

Wooohooo! Been waiting for this to be available, ordering now!

With the incandescent vs LED options - is there a replaceable bulb like other OEM switches and choice is just what ships with it?

Wooohooo! Been waiting for this to be available, ordering now!

With the incandescent vs LED options - is there a replaceable bulb like other OEM switches and choice is just what ships with it?
Yessir, Size 74 Bulb if I remember correctly

me personally , im going optional NON-USA FAR-AWAY OEM BLUE / Violet Lumens tone LED to match my BUILD theme i have started ....... :cool:

F8AB5D29-A5EF-4F32-ABBC-AF3A3A1CBEC6.jpeg

The last of the early July orders are getting a shipping label TODAY. I'm almost completely caught up with all my orders so if your still waiting on your item just know its coming!

Lately Its been totally non stop with orders, The Cruiser Head store is really starting to take off which is just absolutely amazing. Seriously you guys are awesome. I have more stuff in the works and coming soon!

The FJ60 Fuse Panel cover is still avaliable new online for cheaper than I can produce them, however they come unpainted in a black color with no fuse layout decal. If there's enough demand for the fuse panel cover I'll order a few units and paint match them since I already have the correct interior paint for both beige and Gray color schemes.

The FJ62 USB Unit is in a Pre-Order phase. If you purchase other items with your Pre-Order unit please let me know if you want your other items ahead of time otherwise they will ship with the Pre-Order unit when its completed.

FJ60-62 100% Plug and Play Trailer Wire Harness

TrailerHarnessWithLogo.jpg

As the title says this is a 100% plug and play Wire harness for your FJ60.

This is a 100% reversible modification, No cut wires left behind.

I designed this wire harness to be as easy to install as possible, no experience in automotive wiring is needed whatsoever to complete the installation, just follow the included guide. This kit is perfect for the Factory Fresh Purists who wouldn't dare cut their flawless OEM wires.

Features & Explanations

Each harness will include the following.
  • Soldered and water tight wire joints anywhere a wire is exposed outdoors.
  • Connectors to provide a total plug and play install
  • Braided wire loom for easy wire feeding
  • CURT Powered 3-to-2-Wire Splice-in Tail light Converter
  • CURT Dual-Output 4-Way Flat Vehicle-Side to 7-Way Trailer Adapter
  • 10A Water Tight Fuse at the battery
  • Pre-Routed wire path​
  • Pre-fed Trailer brake wire to driver compartment​
  • Pre-fed positive AND negative wires to the battery​
  • Cut-To-Length wires​
  • Water-proof outdoor connectors​
You wont need any crimp connectors as we solder and waterproof every wire connection that is exposed outdoors to give you the most reliable trailer harness possible, Weather you tow regularly or rarely you can rest easy knowing your Cruiser Head trailer harness wont give out when you need it most. Using only high quality towing components from CURT towing supply's we integrated out own more reliable wire connections directly to the trailer adapters taking out the wire diagrams and increasing system reliability. Using only GXL High-Temperature rated wire, this harness will withstand the test of time.

In using a CURT Powered Tail Light Converter your turn signals and brakes wont dim when you hook up trailer lights. Instead the CURT 3-to-2 converter only reads the signal from your taillights and uses your Battery to directly power the trailer lights effectively separating your OEM wire harness from the trailer wire harness.

This kit is good for 4 Pin or 7 Pin trailer connectors. Each kit comes with the 12V(+) connected to the battery and is Trailer Brake Ready. We pre-fed the trailer brake control wire to your driver compartment to allow a more seamless install of a controller, A separate brake controller is needed to use trailer brakes. Our kit only comes with the control wire required to use a trailer brake system. The 7 Pin Auxiliary wire is left unconnected as users may choose to use it for different purposes, but is not needed for basic towing.

This kit is a plug and play ready for basic towing. By basic towing we mean specifically Trailer Light Control. This kit will allow your FJ60-62 to control turn signals, running lights, and brake lights. The Cruiser Head trailer harness will provide a 12V+ signal to trailers who take advantage of it. Additional components are needed for trailer brake control and other auxiliary features.

You are responsible for knowing the limitations of your vehicle and practicing them accordingly.

Installation​

To install this unit you need a Phillips screw driver. A Panel clip removal tool for the rear cargo panel. A bracket for the 7 Pin harness is included. The included nylon connectors plug into your taillights, only removal of your Left side taillight is required for installation.

The picture above doesn't show all connectors as they're still on order. Rest assured you wont have to cut or crimp any wire to install this kit.

Last edited:
Chase, when do you think the trailer harness will be available. I'm going to order a hood strut kit and I'd like to get both at once. And as I've said before, excellent work on all of your stuff!

Chase, when do you think the trailer harness will be available. I'm going to order a hood strut kit and I'd like to get both at once. And as I've said before, excellent work on all of your stuff!
It depends how many pre-orders there are. I expect to have these in smooth production by August 10th or sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom