Cruiser Head (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still waiting on the mail man to give me the rest of the components needed for the FJ60 USB chargers. Ive had some interest in the USB chargers for the FJ62 so I started to work on them. Im not really sure what other detail I might add as the FJ62 blanks are just flat pieces of plastic. I'm open to suggestions!
RenderFJ62Logo.png

I'm still waiting on the mail man to give me the rest of the components needed for the FJ60 USB chargers. Ive had some interest in the USB chargers for the FJ62 so I started to work on them. Im not really sure what other detail I might add as the FJ62 blanks are just flat pieces of plastic. I'm open to suggestions!
View attachment 3022697
TEQ logo in the middle 😉

So question on the USB boards you are using chase. Any chance those are backlit such that you can see the ports in the dark? The USB setup I cobbled together has ports that are backlit such that you can see them in the dark:

usb2.jpg

I find having them backlit this way is helpful for targeting them at night. I had to find a USB setup with green backlit specifically to match the rest of the truck. I originally had a setup with blue backlight and it bugged me so I recently found the green version and swapped them out. The backlight on these is just on whenever the USB port is energized which in my case is when the key is on. The backlight doesn't come on with the headlights or anything, its just always on whenever the ports are live. Was just curious if your setup will be backlit this way.

USB chargers look amazing Chase. You sir are remarkable. Thanks for the efforts on this setup.

So question on the USB boards you are using chase. Any chance those are backlit such that you can see the ports in the dark? The USB setup I cobbled together has ports that are backlit such that you can see them in the dark:

View attachment 3024039

I find having them backlit this way is helpful for targeting them at night. I had to find a USB setup with green backlit specifically to match the rest of the truck. I originally had a setup with blue backlight and it bugged me so I recently found the green version and swapped them out. The backlight on these is just on whenever the USB port is energized which in my case is when the key is on. The backlight doesn't come on with the headlights or anything, its just always on whenever the ports are live. Was just curious if your setup will be backlit this way.

USB chargers look amazing Chase. You sir are remarkable. Thanks for the efforts on this setup.
Err yeah, The boards I found do have a blue led built in. Its so dim that its hardly noticeable but still visible.
I agree a green backlight would be nice

The color to me is just a nice to have. Just having the backlight is the main bit regardless of color. Great work here as usual.

The color to me is just a nice to have. Just having the backlight is the main bit regardless of color. Great work here as usual.
made this version just now for you :) @Gretsch
I de-soldered the blue led and slapped in a green one.

greenled.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my. You shouldn't have. Now that's service!!!! Looks great and speaks to my 60 series purist heart. Long live green glow!! Thanks here.

Wonder if there are boards available that just have the green LED in place. I guess green LEDs are somewhat out of fashion these days and blue or white seems to be the new black so to speak. Not my intent to derail your production here just for matching light. Its a nice to have but the fact that your product has a backlight at all is awesome regardless of color. Outstanding stuff here. Thankyou, thankyou. No idea how to knock stuff out like this so fast.

I wanted to mention also that I partnered with @c2dfj45 and we're selling these new, top of the line 60 Series hood support kits! Check them out over at
These are a super low profile addition that solves the obnoxious OEM hood lift being in the way every time you work on your truck, and I mean, look at them! Don't they look fantastic!?

EngineBayInstall.jpg
InstalledFJ60Hinge.jpg
Strut Layout.jpg

Like this a lot. Been meaning to get after this as a project using the previous approaches of bolting to the inner fender, but like your take on it with the mounts on the firewall. Can you post up some info on the kit/installation?

Are you using a drill and mount rivnuts on the firewall, does this require removal/realignment of the hood to get the brackets between the hinge bolts and hood? What's the rating on the gas rams? Is it a more of a lift-assist or does it spring up on it's own? How high is the lift (i.e. higher than with the hood prop or about the same)?

Like this a lot. Been meaning to get after this as a project using the previous approaches of bolting to the inner fender, but like your take on it with the mounts on the firewall. Can you post up some info on the kit/installation?

Are you using a drill and mount rivnuts on the firewall, does this require removal/realignment of the hood to get the brackets between the hinge bolts and hood? What's the rating on the gas rams? Is it a more of a lift-assist or does it spring up on it's own? How high is the lift (i.e. higher than with the hood prop or about the same)?
The kit is 100% bolt on with all hardware included, Absolutely no modifications required for this setup. Struts are rated at 150lbs.
Installation and more info can be found at the links below
link for 60 strut installation

This is the link with all my installation manuals

USB's are in production! I hit some unexpected road blocks but they are coming!

Usually it never takes this long to get a product out the door and into my customers hands but this USB charger is different in that its small design demands a higher surface quality than previously required from my other products.

So, In order to reach new levels of higher quality in my products (including this USB charger) I'm venturing into a whole new type of production, so things are taking slightly longer than usual. I'm the guy that does all the marketing, customer communication, order fulfillment, manufacturing, product design, machine calibration, inventory, literally everything for Cruiser Head... and so far this summer is starting to be a very busy one and its not helping this products release timeline. BUT Im only waiting on one more part to arrive in the mail then I can start final testing and get these things in the everyone's hands very very soon!

Thank-you all for your patience!

Finalattempt1logo.png

Last edited:

We have been making these for 70 series trucks for a pretty good while. While we were working on my 60, I figured I'd make a set for them since we were going after a super clean engine compartment. Plus, it's much easier to work under the hood without a prop rod or those spring assists in the way. The upper mounts are the same as our 70 series pieces....glad Toyota keeps a lot of things the same :)

As @ChaserFJ60 stated, these are 100% bolt on units. You do not remove the hood to install so no realignment should be needed IF you are careful when you remove the bolts that hold the hinge to the hood.

It is a lift assist....they will not spring the hood up on their own....they simply hold it up.

As for the height, it probably is a little lower than stock. It's very challenging to find struts that check off all the boxes....these were the perfect setup. It might be an inch off the stock height....I'll have to measure it for an exact amount. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

I do have some 185# struts for trucks that have sound dampening on their hoods. We run both stick on sound deadening and spray on insulation as well as the factory hood insulator on our trucks...150# struts work but I prefer 185# for a little added security.

@ChaserFJ60 You redesigned the USB thing to have the small indented border 🤣

Love it man, can’t believe you did it.

USB's are in production! I hit some unexpected road blocks but they are coming!

Usually it never takes this long to get a product out the door and into my customers hands but this USB charger is different in that its small design demands a higher surface quality than previously required from my other products.

So, In order to reach new levels of higher quality in my products (including this USB charger) I'm venturing into a whole new type of production, so things are taking slightly longer than usual. I'm the guy that does all the marketing, customer communication, order fulfillment, manufacturing, product design, machine calibration, inventory, literally everything for Cruiser Head... and so far this summer is starting to be a very busy one and its not helping this products release timeline. BUT Im only waiting on one more part to arrive in the mail then I can start final testing and get these things in the everyone's hands very very soon!

Thank-you all for your patience!

View attachment 3024811
Take your time.... better products are preferred over speedy development of sub par items

I wanted to mention also that I partnered with @c2dfj45 and we're selling these new, top of the line 60 Series hood support kits! Check them out over at
These are a super low profile addition that solves the obnoxious OEM hood lift being in the way every time you work on your truck, and I mean, look at them! Don't they look fantastic!?

View attachment 3024185View attachment 3024186View attachment 3024187
Y'know I really dig the appearance of these and might order one this summer to replace my homebrew setup that I put in my 62 so long ago. My hood is considerably heavier than stock though with the foam and sound deadener I've put on it. Did you design your setup to allow for the struts to be changed out in favor of higher strength units?

Y'know I really dig the appearance of these and might order one this summer to replace my homebrew setup that I put in my 62 so long ago. My hood is considerably heavier than stock though with the foam and sound deadener I've put on it. Did you design your setup to allow for the struts to be changed out in favor of higher strength units?
@c2dfj45

Yes we can replace the 150lb struts in place of stronger 185lb ones if requested. On the checkout page there's a small box for order notes where you can request a change there or just PM me here on mud, Instagram, or email me via my contact link with your order number and I'll see to it that the change is made.

And of course if anyone has any issues with anything I offer on my website I will do everything I can to make things right. I believe in this idea of risk free shopping, Life is already too complicated IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom