Cruiser Head (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay so orders for the USB charger are under way! Ive been getting a few emails asking about when their order will be out so hopefully this helps explain things. For all the current orders on USB chargers I have all the needed materials in my possession to produce and send them out so it a matter of actually doing it, Most orders will be sent out this week throughout the end of next week.

Recently my 3D printer I use for 40% of orders just went down so I'm working on that. 3000Hours of constant 3D printing isn't too bad for a basically maintenance free machine, This is its first large hiccup and I think I know what the issue is. Fixing it is the first order of business.

To top on all the orders I am now caring for a Barn Swallow baby bird. My sister found it on the ground in her hot apartment hallway with the mother nowhere to be found. All its siblings died from the Texas Summer heat and its the only survivor. Luckily it seems to be recovering fantastically, It eats, drinks and poops and defiantly lets us know when it wants to eat. We've been following a feeding schedual of wet dog-food every two hours.
We've rehabilitated more animals than I can remember so its just part of our regular summer season now.

This is the bird in question
bird.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so orders for the USB charger are under way! Ive been getting a few emails asking about when their order will be out so hopefully this helps explain things. For all the current orders on USB chargers I have all the needed materials in my possession to produce and send them out so it a matter of actually doing it, Most orders will be sent out this week throughout the end of next week.

Recently my 3D printer I use for 40% of orders just went down so I'm working on that. 3000Hours of constant 3D printing isn't too bad for a basically maintenance free machine, This is its first large hiccup and I think I know what the issue is. Fixing it is the first order of business.

To top on all the orders I am now caring for a Barn Swallow baby bird. My sister found it on the ground in her hot apartment hallway with the mother nowhere to be found. All its siblings died from the Texas Summer heat and its the only survivor. Luckily it seems to be recovering fantastically, It eats, drinks and poops and defiantly lets us know when it wants to eat. We've been following a feeding schedual of wet dog-food every two hours.
We've rehabilitated more animals than I can remember so its just part of our regular summer season now.

This is the bird in question
View attachment 3056190
Have you clocked his unladen airspeed velocity?

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyone be interested in a 100% plug and play trailer light wire harness? Installation would compromise of plugging in these jumpers into your taillights. No wire work or permanent modification whatsoever required at all. I have the initial plugs in stock so I figured I would just make a demo.

I would handle all the wire splicing / plugs on the FJ60's end, making this to be a breeze of an installation job for you.
Let me know if you guys are interested and ill throw some out there

Harness.jpg
Taillight with plug.jpg

71C2Oc82ggL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone be interested in a 100% plug and play trailer light wire harness? Installation would compromise of plugging in these jumpers into your taillights. No wire work or permanent modification whatsoever required at all. I have the initial plugs in stock so I figured I would just make a demo.

I would handle all the wire splicing / plugs on the FJ60's end, making this to be a breeze of an installation job for you.

View attachment 3057117View attachment 3057119
View attachment 3057116
So how would this work? The pigtail that plugs into the vehicle's wiring would just provide signal to the box you have pictured, which would use batter power to power the trailer lights? Looks like a great idea. Is there an option for the round 7-pin connectors?

So how would this work? The pigtail that plugs into the vehicle's wiring would just provide signal to the box you have pictured, which would use batter power to power the trailer lights? Looks like a great idea. Is there an option for the round 7-pin connectors?
Yeah basically,

Im still working out which final kits to use, A different kit for the 7pin may be needed so ill figure that out. I want these to be as versatile as possible so there's still some figuring out to do.

Is the 5/6 wire to 3/4 wire converter even needed if you have access to creating a pigtail to plug into existing wiring? You could do the conversion in the harness you make couldn't you? So a pigtail that plugs in between the factory harness and taillight, converts the Japanese 5 wire lighting to US 4 wire wiring and comes out as a 4-way or 7-way plug. The 7-way version of the pigtail would just need the reverse light signal off the taillight in addition to the normal stop, turn, run signals, and then an open wire for the 12-volt feed included in the 7-way setup if desired. Not sure if that's the road you are going down or not, but would be pretty slick. As plug and play as it gets.

I currently have that converter box on mine and use a 4-way to 7-way converter plug coming off the converter box. I don't need the additional wires the 7-way gets you for my little trailer, but like the 7-way plug style better. The 4 to 7 converter plug has a 4-flat connector and then has extra wires to crimp to get the 12V and reverse signals. I just don't use those. My adapter is powered so it drives the trailer lights instead of having the tired 80's era lighting wires do the work of lighting both the truck and taillights. It would prolly work fine but I decided to help it out and got the powered converter variety. I would have just been happy to have a plug setup so I wouldn't have to splice into my factory wires to get signals, but as long as you are making this up from scratch, I am trying to decide why you couldn't convert in the harness.

2016-08-03 08.40.12.jpg
67840692186__474A21CB-3A06-41FB-B779-40AA0B400B90.jpg

Is the 5/6 wire to 3/4 wire converter even needed if you have access to creating a pigtail to plug into existing wiring? You could do the conversion in the harness you make couldn't you? So a pigtail that plugs in between the factory harness and taillight, converts the Japanese 5 wire lighting to US 4 wire wiring and comes out as a 4-way or 7-way plug. The 7-way version of the pigtail would just need the reverse light signal off the taillight in addition to the normal stop, turn, run signals, and then an open wire for the 12-volt feed included in the 7-way setup if desired. Not sure if that's the road you are going down or not, but would be pretty slick. As plug and play as it gets.

I currently have that converter box on mine and use a 4-way to 7-way converter plug coming off the converter box. I don't need the additional wires the 7-way gets you for my little trailer, but like the 7-way plug style better. The 4 to 7 converter plug has a 4-flat connector and then has extra wires to crimp to get the 12V and reverse signals. I just don't use those. My adapter is powered so it drives the trailer lights instead of having the tired 80's era lighting wires do the work of lighting both the truck and taillights. It would prolly work fine but I decided to help it out and got the powered converter variety. I would have just been happy to have a plug setup so I wouldn't have to splice into my factory wires to get signals, but as long as you are making this up from scratch, I am trying to decide why you couldn't convert in the harness.

View attachment 3057370View attachment 3057375
Without the converter the turn signals wouldn't work while the brake is being pressed as it would just be getting a constant charge.

Are you aware of the Hopkins 43315 kit?

Are you aware of the Hopkins 43315 kit?
No but I am now, It seems the plugs are wired differently than the FJ60's though according to this thread

Based off the thread above the only thing about this kit that's plug in play is it has the same plugs. The wires are in the wrong plugs for the FJ60 and need to be tediously removed and relocated and its only a 4 pin hookup, It does seem like a viable solution that has worked for some but my new wire harness will be a true 100% plug and play kit that wont require you to pull out the FSM to install.

My kit will include a "CURT 57672 Dual-Output 4-Way Flat Vehicle-Side to 7-Way RV Blade Trailer Wiring Adapter" to be more universal between trailers. I'm going to include the option of Trailer Brake control leads from the 7pin connector that will that will reach up near the driver compartment for those who want to run trailer brake controllers. Once I get everything in for testing I may create wire mounts that will clip on to existing fuel lines to make the installation easier. Its all still up in the air.

Hopkins kit is for trucks I think. You can adapt them to make them work on a 60 series which many do. @ChaserFJ60's idea is a better option IMHO. Plug and play setup, no guesswork. Good stuff here. Thanks.

No but I am now, It seems the plugs are wired differently than the FJ60's though according to this thread

Based off the thread above the only thing about this kit that's plug in play is it has the same plugs. The wires are in the wrong plugs for the FJ60 and need to be tediously removed and relocated and its only a 4 pin hookup, It does seem like a viable solution that has worked for some but my new wire harness will be a true 100% plug and play kit that wont require you to pull out the FSM to install.

My kit will include a "CURT 57672 Dual-Output 4-Way Flat Vehicle-Side to 7-Way RV Blade Trailer Wiring Adapter" to be more universal between trailers. I'm going to include the option of Trailer Brake control leads from the 7pin connector that will that will reach up near the driver compartment for those who want to run trailer brake controllers. Once I get everything in for testing I may create wire mounts that will clip on to existing fuel lines to make the installation easier. Its all still up in the air.
Good catch. I forgot I had to do that. After having dealt with hacked trailer/brake wiring so much, repinning connectors seems like nothing. It would be nice to buy stuff that doesn't require tweaking to work. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

I'd definietly be up for a plug and play trailer wiring harness. I use my hitch mostly for just a bike rack but I haven't gotten to setting up a wiring harness yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom