Correct service parts for Warn 6 spline? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rebuilding my Warn coarse 6 spline locking hubs and the Warn 7309 service kit orings aren't even the right size 😤

I believe these are Warn 28781 hubs just wondering where I can get the proper parts, since the original oring is shot. Plus I'm missing a .40mm wear shim for the one hub, pretty sure that's important lol

PXL_20211228_023318706.jpg

PXL_20211228_023209445.jpg

PXL_20211228_023516719.jpg

A few years ago, I contacted WARN to see about getting a "proper" rebuild kit for
the hubs on my '74 FJ40.. I was sent a gasket and an o-ring for each side, nothing like
the "7309" kit pictured above!! (seems I paid something like $25USD for my "kit"!)..
I called WARN back and was THEN told they do NOT make "rebuild kits" for "those old
hubs".. When ask if new hubs (that fit) are available, I was told they are, at something
like $600 per set (pair).. I don't believe the "new hubs" installed on my "purchased new"
FJ40 cost anywhere near that much!!
Are the "new" Warn Hubs made outta gold, platinum, or what??
Charles 1974 FJ40.

The shim for the 6 spline should be the same as the fine spline one. I’ve swapped the 6 spline gear out and replaced it with a fine spline one to fix someone’s butchered fine spline hubs.

I don’t know where the o-rings would be available, but a generic o-ring supplier could likely provide them.

The shim for the 6 spline should be the same as the fine spline one. I’ve swapped the 6 spline gear out and replaced it with a fine spline one to fix someone’s butchered fine spline hubs.

I don’t know where the o-rings would be available, but a generic o-ring supplier could likely provide them.
Well if anyone has any spare parts from a junk hub lmk 😉

@bmoonhajjar has been on a rebuilding binge with hubs.....he probably knows, maybe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom