[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Additionally, I've attached the schematic of the roof rail. Converting to freedom units, it looks like the rail internals are 0.2 inches wide x 0.5 inches tall.
Based on that drawing, it looks like this nut would fit, $5 each is a bit steep, but that's McMaster's price. If you can find the OEM, they're probably a bit less than that.

And I think it’ll fit standard 8mm bolts, which have a 13mm wrench flat.

M8 Bolt Head.JPG

Last edited:
Everyone, have some information from Cassiem:

1. We're still in for the 20% discount, so long as all deposits are paid by 3 December.
2. New invoices should be pushed to everyone that reflects a 15% discount on just the roof (so 15% off of either 89.9k or 94.9k). If you don't get one by tomorrow, please respond to Aaisha and Cassiem and CC me so I can advocate with Cassiem. He's been very responsive, but I think this large of a purchase by 10 individuals is giving his accounting team fits. If your build sheet isn't correct, please respond to the invoice email with your requested changes. Posting in this thread won't solve the issue.
3. Once 6+ pay a deposit, the additional 5% (from 89.9k or 94.9k) will be reduced from your final required payment. This is to ensure that we get 6+ and don't just end up with only 3 people paying trying to get a 20% discount.
4. There is ZERO discount on accessories.
5. Shipping is still being worked. The shipping company is currently working how to get these tops to the US in the cheapest manner possible. May be a shipment to each coast of the US. OR it may be a single port shipment and follow on freight shipment across to the other side of the country. I am working for the CHEAPEST shipping cost, not the fastest shipping cost.
6. These builds and accessories take time to build, especially with the holidays coming up. Cassiem only builds 5 tops at a time, and with the discount we're going to be bumped by full price buyers. Rough ship time from South Africa is probably not until springtime of 2024 (IE: March 2024). Then if coming by sea freight, expect another month for transit across the big blue ocean. So tentative arrival in the US is not until April 2024.
7. I will continue to push information as I get it, but right now we need people to lock in their deposits. I also understand the frustration some of you are feeling and I too am unwilling to send in a deposit until my invoice is correct. So please CC me (prwillard2@gmail.com) on your invoice issues so I am aware of your issues and can lead this group buy forward while advocating on your behalf to Cassiem.

Thanks,

Paul

I got an invoice. The bed entry table accessory is not included. What should I do? Where and how do we send the 60% deposit?
Same thing happened to me, I emailed them back yesterday asking to update the invoice and have already received the updated invoice from them today.

1. We're still in for the 20% discount, so long as all deposits are paid by 3 December.
2. New invoices should be pushed to everyone that reflects a 15% discount on just the roof (so 15% off of either 89.9k or 94.9k). If you don't get one by tomorrow, please respond to Aaisha and Cassiem and CC me so I can advocate with Cassiem. He's been very responsive, but I think this large of a purchase by 10 individuals is giving his accounting team fits. If your build sheet isn't correct, please respond to the invoice email with your requested changes. Posting in this thread won't solve the issue.
3. Once 6+ pay a deposit, the additional 5% (from 89.9k or 94.9k) will be reduced from your final required payment. This is to ensure that we get 6+ and don't just end up with only 3 people paying trying to get a 20% discount.
5. Shipping is still being worked. The shipping company is currently working how to get these tops to the US in the cheapest manner possible. May be a shipment to each coast of the US. OR it may be a single port shipment and follow on freight shipment across to the other side of the country. I am working for the CHEAPEST shipping cost, not the fastest shipping cost.
6. These builds and accessories take time to build, especially with the holidays coming up. Cassiem only builds 5 tops at a time, and with the discount we're going to be bumped by full price buyers. Rough ship time from South Africa is probably not until springtime of 2024 (IE: March 2024). Then if coming by sea freight, expect another month for transit across the big blue ocean. So tentative arrival in the US is not until April 2024.
7. I will continue to push information as I get it, but right now we need people to lock in their deposits. I also understand the frustration some of you are feeling and I too am unwilling to send in a deposit until my invoice is correct. So please CC me (prwillard2@gmail.com) on your invoice issues so I am aware of your issues and can lead this group buy forward while advocating on your behalf to Cassiem.

Thanks,

Paul
Thanks again for all the effort on this, Paul! I just received my updated invoice with the correct table / platform entry option and am going to send the deposit today. My birthday is in late April so hopefully the timing works out for this to be my birthday present to myself ;)

Thanks,

Paul
Thanks Paul. Really appreciate your work here! I got an updated invoice earlier this morning before I saw this post showing the 95,000 for the hi top but no discount. If I don’t get an updated one in the AM including the 15% discount, I’ll copy you on the follow up.

I’ll get the deposit paid within hours of a good invoice, I don’t want to hold up the discount for others.

there are two whites; 045 is the warmer/creamier white that was used on older trucks, 058 is the cooler/bluer white that is used on newer trucks. You need to specify which code you want.
Do you know which color would have been used on a 1989 FJ75?

Do you know which color would have been used on a 1989 FJ75?
You can check the vin plate under the hood to be 100% sure but almost certainly would be 045. Mine is a ‘93 and is 045. My mate’s is an ‘88 is also 045. Don’t think they changed to 058 until the 78 series update or roughly thereabouts.

You can check the vin plate under the hood to be 100% sure but almost certainly would be 045. Mine is a ‘93 and is 045. My mate’s is an ‘88 is also 045. Don’t think they changed to 058 until the 78 series update or roughly thereabouts.
Most of our Troopys have also been re-sprayed. At least mine has been. Not super concerned about color matching at this point.

Where to find paint code:

Like Paul said, most have been re-sprayed. Mine has, when I was doing some rust repair last year, I gave the code to the local paint shop as a starting point , along with my gas door for comparison. They ended up having to adjust the color quite a bit from the code formula to get a good match.

I'm not too concerned as below the top is mostly glass.

Where to find paint code:

Like Paul said, most have been re-sprayed. Mine has, when I was doing some rust repair last year, I gave the code to the local paint shop as a starting point , along with my gas door for comparison. They ended up having to adjust the color quite a bit from the code formula to get a good match.

I'm not too concerned as below the top is mostly glass.
Mine has been re-sprayed as well and I'm not concerned about a perfect match but that being said, 045 and 058 are VERY different shades of white. might as well take advantage of their kind offer to color match, even if not 100% perfect it will be a lot closer than an 058 roof on an 045 truck.

Mine is still the factory 045 and supposedly stored indoors. I want to stay as close to 045 as I can get.

Mine has been re-sprayed as well and I'm not concerned about a perfect match but that being said, 045 and 058 are VERY different shades of white. might as well take advantage of their kind offer to color match, even if not 100% perfect it will be a lot closer than an 058 roof on an 045 truck.
Mine is still the factory 045 and supposedly stored indoors. I want to stay as close to 045 as I can get.
Please respond to your invoice to get that modified once you get the modified one with the 15% off.

I need to know who wants out if we cannot get the 89,900 and 94,900 pieces reduced by 15 or 20%

This is approximately $800 more than we expected. Still a great value overall, but I'm also pissed about this guys.

I'm in regardless, my deposit has been sent. I'm a bit disappointed and was not paying attention when I sent it off. I just emailed them back, and copied you Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom