[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this is Jeff Frank. I sent the wire on Friday
I will DM the referance number to you.
Received, please ping Aaisha and Cassiem per my DM.

Thank you!

I just got the wire sent and emailed Aaisha and copied you, Paul.

Once I get confirmation from Aaisha and Cassiem that we are all paid in full, they will release the packages for shipping. I'll ping the shipper again tonight to grease the skids.

Woohoo! Did it get sorted out if everything is going to one place or there will be a shipment to each coast?

Woohoo! Did it get sorted out if everything is going to one place or there will be a shipment to each coast?
One shipment to the east coast then shipping figured out to the west coast from there. If I’m not mistaken

Motivational Monday, and what awaits your smart decision to join the buy in:

beachin.jpg

post surf.jpg

I'm working at the port of Savnnah and have TWIC access. More than happy to help to whatever port it comes in at.
I do work at the Wilmington port and have TWIC access also. So a bit more help available.

Alright, so update time.

1. Aaisha said she has received emails from everyone saying they have paid, however not all funds have hit their systems yet. She will get back to me tomorrow about if everyone is square with payments.
2. Talked with the shipping company, they're actively working quotes time now for a split shipment between east and west coast, as well as a singular shipment to an east coast port. Cassiem has not released all goods to the shipping company yet because we're not all paid.
3. I expect there may be some delays in shipping because of what just happened in Baltimore. Luckly, we were never planning to go that far north, but ports south along the east coast will see increased traffic.

Once I know more, all of you will know more. I am not keeping anything to myself and am trying to be as transparent as possible. If you've got direct questions, etc, please feel free to hit me up via my cell.

-Paul

Ok, so another update.

1. Attached are two files, one is for shipping to the port of Charleston, the other is the port of Los Angeles. Both quotes are expected to increase slightly due to loading costs, etc but "not much".
2. Port of Charleston takes 27 days and is approx 113k ZAR (around $6100 total).
3. Port of Los Angeles takes 50 days and is approx 125k ZAR (around $6700 total).
4. None of these quotes cover incoming brokerage fees, etc. Hoping one of our friends who works at a port can either, help me out with finding a suitable broker, or knows this process. I paid my shipping company extra to have my troopy imported, through customs here in the states, and delivered to my door. The South African shipping company here is willing to handle all of this for us should we chose, but the price will obviously increase.
5. These shipping quotes do not include follow on freight to another coast. This will also need to be coordinated. Through Mudship or something else, roofs will need to move across the country.
6. Price per person - my recommended split is that everyone is in 9 ways for ALL shipping costs incurred. I'm also unwilling to front the shipping cost myself and ask for repayment. We would need to collectively pool our funds, then pay for shipping. Love you guys, but I don't want to get into the legal ramifications of me paying for shipping, then someone doesn't pay me back.
7. Open to ideas, help, etc with the way forward. I know 6 of the 9 roofs were purchased by west coast buyers. If we want to go to LA, up to you guys. I can make my way down to the port of Los Angeles to help sort this out, but I've got no contacts there.

Feel free to text me with individual questions, but please provide feedback to the above to the entire group via this chain.

-Paul

Attachments

• Paul Willard - Charleston - 2606.pdf
    327.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Paul Willard - LA - 2605.pdf
    327.4 KB · Views: 22
That sounds more than fair. I would definitely go with West Coast shipping given the majority lives there. Domestic shipping is unfortunately not that inexpensive.
Are you all planning on self-installing? If not, maybe it would be logical to decide on an installer and go directly there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom