Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks man. I get goosebumps every time it starts up. It is a lot like a Cummins where you can hardly let go of the key fast enough.

And that sweet smell, love it.
Totally agree Pat. Are you using an fj80 cable for your throttle? I believe that’s what I’m running

Totally agree Pat. Are you using an fj80 cable for your throttle? I believe that’s what I’m running

When I bought my cable lockers from @joekatana , he sourced me the pedal and cable from the same hj-61. Just have to bolt it in.

That makes me think it might be wise to try to use it as a template to modify and/or make one that will work from a standard 60 pedal. Mental note.

Btw Jimmy, I might just be in your neck of the woods at the end of the month or first of Oct. Hope you are around.

I might be free to come down for a visit too now that my son's in college.

When I bought my cable lockers from @joekatana , he sourced me the pedal and cable from the same hj-61. Just have to bolt it in.

That makes me think it might be wise to try to use it as a template to modify and/or make one that will work from a standard 60 pedal. Mental note.

Btw Jimmy, I might just be in your neck of the woods at the end of the month or first of Oct. Hope you are around.
Monroy told me yesterday you’d be down. Without a doubt I’ll be here. Look forward to seeing you. And Dave, you have to make the drive over :)

You know for sure that I don't have anything against blue and white piggies :)

dayclean55 005.jpg

If you can make it down from Michigan I can make it down also. SAS reunion at the barn sounds cool.

I have neglected my poor 60 so much that I had to post something and maybe get my butt back after it. There are a few baby steps and I will start to post them up.

One thing I have been working on is a repro "turbo" logo for many months now. They are two pieces of laser cut stainless that are powder coated and glued together with powder coat clear. I gave one as a gift to @CenTXFJ60 for getting me the dimensions from an original badge he had. Today I coated another with studs on the back to mount to my grille. Unfortunately, I will have to redo it because the red script part drifts on the lower black part before the clear powder coat cross links and slides off center. Once I conquer this issue, it will be a pretty accurate badge. It looks pretty cool though. More to come.
20191104_182800.jpg

20191104_182718.jpg

I have neglected my poor 60 so much that I had to post something and maybe get my butt back after it. There are a few baby steps and I will start to post them up.

One thing I have been working on is a repro "turbo" logo for many months now. They are two pieces of laser cut stainless that are powder coated and glued together with powder coat clear. I gave one as a gift to @CenTXFJ60 for getting me the dimensions from an original badge he had. Today I coated another with studs on the back to mount to my grille. Unfortunately, I will have to redo it because the red script part drifts on the lower black part before the clear powder coat cross links and slides off center. Once I conquer this issue, it will be a pretty accurate badge. It looks pretty cool though. More to come.
View attachment 2125381
View attachment 2125380
Dude, that’s awesome work. I’ll be a buyer for 3 or 4 if you go into production :). Also, question for you Pat...if you have time can you check the wires that connect to your Reverse light and 4WD switch on your trans and T-case? This is on the 55. If you recall, they cut the harness on this one down. Y the starter and I’m having a heck of a time deciding them via the service manual. Thanks. Jimmy

Dude, that’s awesome work. I’ll be a buyer for 3 or 4 if you go into production :). Also, question for you Pat...if you have time can you check the wires that connect to your Reverse light and 4WD switch on your trans and T-case? This is on the 55. If you recall, they cut the harness on this one down. Y the starter and I’m having a heck of a time deciding them via the service manual. Thanks. Jimmy

It's supposed to be cold tomorrow but nice. They evil salt trucks haven't hit the road yet either so I was thinking of driving the 55 tomorrow anyway. That's good incentive to do so. If I do I will crawl under the piggie and see if I can figure it out for you.

The two pieces are cut out of stainless. The base is black powder, only gelled. The top is red. Then the two are overlayed and have clear powder over both. Once melted together and crosslinked (cured) they aren't coming apart. The problem is keeping them from drifting before they cure. I'll figure it out at some point.

Put the studs on the red Turbo and habe them pass through the black back ground.

Put the studs on the red Turbo and habe them pass through the black back ground.
That's a great idea. I wouldn't have thought it would work but the welded part on the black base metal finished pretty easily when I did it today. I may give that a go

I couldn't find the wires to the 4wd indicator, but to the top of the trans (top plate) these wires go. Red with blue and blue with red. Give me a call or a text for whatever else I should look for since this is fj60-5 stuff lol
20191111_194129.jpg

I couldn't find the wires to the 4wd indicator, but to the top of the trans (top plate) these wires go. Red with blue and blue with red. Give me a call or a text for whatever else I should look for since this is fj60-5 stuff lol
View attachment 2130923
Hey Pat, Monroy and I worked on this yesterday and figured out the two wires that power the reverse lights. Meant to let you know. I do appreciate you following up on this.

Well it has been creeping up on six months since I really got much done on Chunk. There has been a lot of research and gathering of parts, but very little hands on other than moving it a couple of times. It will be tough to get hours on it this winter but I intend to make it happen. As happens to many others in life, things change and that is true for me too. While I can't say I saw a "solo career" in life coming, I am very grateful for my Mud family to remind me of good, positive people and support from so many. Nuff said. If you know me you know what's up.

Soooo, here's what is happening on Chunk now.
I am trying to get going with a restoration of an fj62 steering wheel (actually it is from a 70 series but the only difference is the horn button).
I started a thread and have some good ideas on it

I should have the texture material and paint thos week so I hope to get some traction on that.
Here is my 70 series wheel. It is decent but kind of smoothed out and just starting to come loose from the rod in the center.
20191230_192803.jpg

Also getting the sound deadener done. I am just using an off brand of dynamat but it sure takes the tinny sound out. The roof and some of the floor is done so far
20200104_075145.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom