Buying HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Went and had a look at a 60 series, has a 12ht motor with 250xxx kms. Downside is the body is a bit rough. Had rust in the roof that has been cutout and hit with rust killa but comes with the panels to weld in and heaps of other parts. However, the car hasn't been stored undercover with the roof cutouts since
2018... the bloke is asking 10k AUD for it. The car does run and drive but it's just that it's been stored outside since he bought it with the holes in the roof, actually I saw that there was a birds next between the liner and roof lol. The car barely been driven, he said 3/4 times around his farm that's it.. thoughts??

IMG_1298.png

Hey guys,

Went and had a look at a 60 series, has a 12ht motor with 250xxx kms. Downside is the body is a bit rough. Had rust in the roof that has been cutout and hit with rust killa but comes with the panels to weld in and heaps of other parts. However, the car hasn't been stored undercover with the roof cutouts since
2018... the bloke is asking 10k AUD for it. The car does run and drive but it's just that it's been stored outside since he bought it with the holes in the roof, actually I saw that there was a birds next between the liner and roof lol. The car barely been driven, he said 3/4 times around his farm that's it.. thoughts??

I would say the only reason to pay that much would be for the 12HT and if interior is in good condition. There will be rust in many more places than you can see externally. HJ61's similar to this in NZ are listed for around 15k with roof rust issues with rough repairs, to put it in perspective. I would also be wary of it only being driven short distances around the farm - does he have regular service history?

60's really deserve to be, and should be, garaged to slow the return of more rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom