Sasquatch engine swap 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy new year cruiser heads!
So i have been busy since my last engine swap… My 1987 Toyota landcruiser is now powered by a 2010 LY6 6.0l ls and 6l80e transmission with advanced transfer-case adapter and twin stick kit. The new combination boasts a estimated 400hp fully rebuilt engine with a healthy sized cam together with a upgraded billet torque converter, tap up / tap down sport shift controlled by a Lokar 6l80e shifter. Also from the previous build i have 4:1 transfer-case gears it should be a great rig on and off road.
Lots more for this truck in the new year including a front 3 link, coilovers, beefed up 9.5” with arb locker, rear 4 link and beefed 80 series 9.5” FF. during the month of February it is also getting a new winch bumper and sliders built by a talented local fabricator. I have a new set of 40” tires and raceline bead-locks to install yet, it will definitely be a show stopper.
I am also doing a second ls swapped landcruiser currently for friend and hoping to do more in the future. I had a real fun time doing mine.

Happy new year cruiser heads!
So i have been busy since my last engine swap… My 1987 Toyota landcruiser is now powered by a 2010 LY6 6.0l ls and 6l80e transmission with advanced transfer-case adapter and twin stick kit. The new combination boasts a estimated 400hp fully rebuilt engine with a healthy sized cam together with a upgraded billet torque converter, tap up / tap down sport shift controlled by a Lokar 6l80e shifter. Also from the previous build i have 4:1 transfer-case gears it should be a great rig on and off road.
Lots more for this truck in the new year including a front 3 link, coilovers, beefed up 9.5” with arb locker, rear 4 link and beefed 80 series 9.5” FF. during the month of February it is also getting a new winch bumper and sliders built by a talented local fabricator. I have a new set of 40” tires and raceline bead-locks to install yet, it will definitely be a show stopper.
I am also doing a second ls swapped landcruiser currently for friend and hoping to do more in the future. I had a real fun time doing m
Thanks for posting, and I have so many questions, but will start here:
Which manifolds did you use? Did you have to use a body-lift to clear the 6L80?
Thanks, Kevin

Thanks for posting, and I have so many questions, but will start here:
Which manifolds did you use? Did you have to use a body-lift to clear the 6L80?
Thanks, Kevin
I used flowtech cast manifolds. I don't believe in using stainless headers to many issues to combat for such a small gain. You can use stock ls cast manifolds, hooker cast manifolds, flowtech or summit racing brand they all fit with plenty of clearance and ability to route the exhaust along the frame.
I have a 3/4” body lift but it is not required to fit the 6l80e there is more than enough room for both a 4l80eb or the 6l80e. I am currently on build number 2.

i'm only 17 days late looking at the pics, yes, the link worked :hillbilly: nice work on the console. now, where's the completed project pics?
i'll see myself out:flipoff2:
Completed? The project never ends! Here is a photo of one 40” tire and raceline beadlock i mounted the other day. Waiting on parts so i can mount the rest.

FF5E1452-3C7D-4A71-81C9-4F865D2C1576.jpeg

4ADBF808-F111-4E8F-8D2B-49D845191715.jpeg

I used flowtech cast manifolds. I don't believe in using stainless headers to many issues to combat for such a small gain. You can use stock ls cast manifolds, hooker cast manifolds, flowtech or summit racing brand they all fit with plenty of clearance and ability to route the exhaust along the frame.
I have a 3/4” body lift but it is not required to fit the 6l80e there is more than enough room for both a 4l80eb or the 6l80e. I am currently on build number 2.
thanks for the info. I am going to try to sneak a PTO shaft up the drivers side too, so I may have to stick with the 4L60. I am currently collecting parts for my project.

Parts are slowly arriving, marlin crawler eco seals, upper truss and knuckle gussets. Still waiting on my lockers, gears, and coilovers. Barnes 4wd is out of stock of there link kits. So i can only build the project as fast as i can get parts. I have ordered Ballistic Fabrication rear 80 series 4 link truss and diff armor, i wont start disassembly until i get everything in.

84B3BA76-5E15-45B1-8964-071806593A2E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom