Building the Lucky Dog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep. Distance is not the problem - finding time on the weekends is. I want a retirement t-shirt like yours!
You need to earn that one - lol. 30 years of corporate abuse was enough (ok it wasn't that bad.... mostly). teespring.com has lots of choices.

Found it - haha, lots of choices - thanks!

Finishing up the fuel supply and return lines.
1) Front end to the runs. Using some flexible line here to account for engine trans movement relative to the frame
2) Supply side in place
3) Starting in on the return side
4) More bends in the return side
5) Supply and return all done.
IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6488.JPG
IMG_6489.JPG
IMG_6490.JPG
IMG_6491.JPG

Reactions: SMG
Been trimming, routing, and pinning wires for awhile now. Wanted to clean up the engine so it didn't have the big know of wire over the top. Now it's all pretty much hidden. Still need to do final routing of the larger bundles once I re-install the tub and I need a little more convoluted tubing to clean up the larger bundles.
In work.
IMG_6495.JPG

Next 4 are the more or less final result.

IMG_6564.JPG
IMG_6565.JPG
IMG_6566.JPG
IMG_6567.JPG

First photo :confused:

Last photo :cool:

Shifted gears today and decided to do a little body work. As I suspected, hack job body work with fiberglass, bondo, places hammered for more bondo. Both the body panel and double behind the body panel are rotted. I see lots of cutting and welding in my future.
IMG_6568.JPG
IMG_6569.JPG
IMG_6570.JPG

At least the side of the panel is in decent shape though I do have a bunch of holes to weld closed.

IMG_6571.JPG

You gonna restore the fender wells or keep the fender flares?

You gonna restore the fender wells or keep the fender flares?
Wife and the dogs like the flares so they stay. Not sure what my plan is exactly yet since I don't like how wobbly the quarter panels are with the wheel opening lip cut out. I did have a wild idea to do metal flares but that is outside of my current skill set to make those. Got a bunch of holes to weld up today though..

Ah-h-h, cutting, welding and grinding, one of my favorite things to watch -- more pix!:popcorn:

Drill baby drill!
Got most of the spot welds drilled out but still have a bunch to go. Should have the rear floor out tomorrow if I get enough quality time in the garage. Guess i'd best order some parts tomorrow as well so I can put it back together in the near future.
IMG_6586.JPG
IMG_6587.JPG
IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG
IMG_6591.JPG

It's been a few months but I'm finally closing out some other projects (distractions) and getting back on the FJ a bit. Got the rear floor out (finally).
IMG_6928.JPG

Working on getting the crossmembers prepped and ready to replicate spot welds. Here's the front one done. Rear still needs more work and a bunch of holes. Guess I'll be a welding up a storm in the near future.
IMG_6995.JPG

Life got in the way again. Got stuck at this point with a bunch of other changes to me plans. Finally got all that settled and had a bird take up residence in the garage.
IMG_7247.JPG

Once I get done stripping it's feathers and finish up evaluating it's condition (so far ZERO rust/rot) I'll get back on the FJ. Still need to finish it first for the other half. If things go per plan (they never do - lol) I should be welding in the rear floor, rear sill, rear corners, then the roll cage all starting in another 2 or 3 weeks.
IMG_7258.JPG

Just read through your build thread, very inspiring work so far! I like your Firebird too, I had a 69' with the 400 and 4spd. Very fun cars...got me in alot of trouble back when I was young and dumb. That's one car I wished I still had! Look forward to more FJ updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom